Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm working.....trying to revise for psychology. Tis Not Working. Carllyyyy...why has there been a lack of communication of late. I am still alive!!! xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Damn you and your lack of another 7 exams!!

Depending on the colour of your hair I would wear black eyeshadow or a dark brown. I wouldn't introduce another colour unless you already had accessories and shoes in it (ie. green if you have an emeraldy necklace on). *she says - pretending to be a style queen.....*

ReputationRep:
    do you have to wear eye shaddow? i never do and i think my eyes look ok...

what about doing "natural" makeup, or wearing black/dark brown eye liner and mascara to emphasise your eyes... and that is the lenght and breath of my make up skills! i guess it depends on what kind of look you're wanting... i only ever wear eye makeup, so its all i can comment on.

ReputationRep:
    My this has all turned rather feminine hasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    I'm working.....trying to revise for psychology. Tis Not Working. Carllyyyy...why has there been a lack of communication of late. I am still alive!!! xxxxxx
    i haven't really been on here- i have either been working (worked forty hours last week) or out (lots of 18th birthdays/leaving doo's right now) or shopping for my prom stuff, which is stressfull! i am so scared incase someone has the same dress as me! :eek:

how are everyone's exams going? easier/harder/just as expected in terms of difficulty? or are you all quietly confident? hope you are all doing well so we all see one another in ed.

it is thirteen weeks on saturday until we move in! :eek: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/freshers/eusa.html

keep up to date with Freshers Week 2006...!

ReputationRep:
    With that website up the whole thing just got a lot nearer. It's strange though because I've still so much to do between now and then, but it's only three months away. I still may not even get in yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_its_me_)
    http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/freshers/eusa.html

keep up to date with Freshers Week 2006...!
    i really cant wait to finish my exams, get the grades & (hopefully) go to Edinburgh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    With that website up the whole thing just got a lot nearer. It's strange though because I've still so much to do between now and then, but it's only three months away. I still may not even get in yet.
    tell me about it... I hate not knowing. My exams haven't even started yet- first one is on Monday- and I'm already planning for Edinburgh as though I'm actually going, when the reality is, I might end up anywhere. You'll be fine though, you have AAAA predictions! Ah well, what can you do. I'm gonna live in Scotland then my children get to apply the Scottish way post results.

Sooo how are people enjoying the sunny sunshine? I've been sat outside revising today in it but the bees get in the way.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, its too hot! & I'm working, which makes it worse!

I'm excited about freshers' Edinburgh bus tours... I love bus tours!

ReputationRep:
    Oooo i'm so excited!
    Just think this time in 3 months we'll all be packed up and ready to set off for our new lives!!

And the full reading list for English Lit has now been posted up on the website! It's all so real!

If i don't get in now i'll be absolutely gutted!

ReputationRep:
    You will all get in as that's why Edinburgh chose you! Like they say in the open days "we chose you because you are the best!"

Because we are.

Duh.

So. Freakin. Excited though.

I got my Student Loan acknowledgement letter in the post today, lucky me with £850 :''(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    I got my Student Loan acknowledgement letter in the post today, lucky me with £850 :''(
    oh my goodness! thats NOTHING! that is just two months rent! i hope so much taht they are more generous with me, i need more than 850! i think it very unfair they base a LOAN on your parents income, i mean, at the end of the day we all have to pay it back!

thirteen weeks tomorrow until we move in! wooooo!

kay- what is your username on eusa??? i think i have met you on the "hullo edinburgh" thread....!

ReputationRep:
    oh my goodness! thats NOTHING! that is just two months rent! i hope so much taht they are more generous with me, i need more than 850! i think it very unfair they base a LOAN on your parents income, i mean, at the end of the day we all have to pay it back!

kay- what is your username on eusa??? i think i have met you on the "hullo edinburgh" thread....!
    well, at least you get something - i'm getting no loan, so I will have to work my ass off 15 hours/week in a part-time job...

ReputationRep:

I know! I mean its not as if I wouldn't pay it back! Argh! & my parents are really funny about money, so I won't really get any off them *sigh* so I'll have to travel to Fifeshire every weekend for work :'''(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    I know! I mean its not as if I wouldn't pay it back! Argh! & my parents are really funny about money, so I won't really get any off them *sigh* so I'll have to travel to Fifeshire every weekend for work :'''(
    yeah, it's sad how much stuff depends on money...BTW, how far is Fifeshire?

ReputationRep:
    It's only a 20 min train journey.. heh, but still, I don't get child's tickets anymore and peak trainfair (ie. <8am) is very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    You've got it much easier than I do then. For me, travelling to Edinburgh will mean a five hour ferry journey (seven if the boat goes via Barra) and a four train journey from Oban to Edinburgh. This with a three hour gap between the ferry and the train.

There is a flight to Glasgow but the cost is far to prohibitive (£200+). I swear, in terms of cost Lukas could probably get from Bratislava to Edinburgh cheaper and easier than I could from Uist.

The point to my rant? Living in the Western Isles sucks. Roll on Edinburgh... (91 days time- can't believe it's down to double figures).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    You've got it much easier than I do then. For me, travelling to Edinburgh will mean a five hour ferry journey (seven if the boat goes via Barra) and a four train journey from Oban to Edinburgh. This with a three hour gap between the ferry and the train.

There is a flight to Glasgow but the cost is far to prohibitive (£200+). I swear, in terms of cost Lukas could probably get from Bratislava to Edinburgh cheaper and easier than I could from Uist.

The point to my rant? Living in the Western Isles sucks. Roll on Edinburgh... (91 days time- can't believe it's down to double figures).
    yeah...that's probably true - for example, on 26th June I'm flying home from Manchester for £9 - inc.taxes & all other fees!!! I love low-cost airlines...

ReputationRep:
    All i can say is you (CENSORED)

That wouldn't even pay for a single ferry journey to Oban. I hate this place.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.