Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectmed)
    I had my interview and the tour guide was this asian guy, he thought he was funny but was not whatsoever, I think he is a second year as well, do you know him? he wasn't that good at explaining so hopefully he won't get him ...... Oh yeah he was also saying 'awks', he was so weird lol
    Oh I know him alright, a lot better than you'd think Also just bear in mind it's not easy to explain in detail about a course which is still in the process of changing. Oh and I'll tell that person to keep your feedback in mind:h:As for the "trying to be funny" I think the guy was just trying to keep the tour light hearted, informal and enjoyable.

*Also as a side note, you should always be very careful about what you write online as you never know who could read it, particularly on an anonymous forum. That's even more pertinent when you're doctor/medical student .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    Oh I know him alright, a lot better than you'd think Also just bear in mind it's not easy to explain in detail about a course which is still in the process of changing. Oh and I'll tell that person to keep your feedback in mind:h:As for the "trying to be funny" I think the guy was just trying to keep the tour light hearted, informal and enjoyable.

*Also as a side note, you should always be very careful about what you write online as you never know who could read it, particularly on an anonymous forum. That's even more pertinent when you're doctor.
    haha, was the asian guy yourself? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelica.)
    haha, was the asian guy yourself? :P
    lol no but like i said I know them very well. I just think it's in very bad taste to degrade someone on a public forum, especially coming from someone looking to enter the medical profession.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for Liverpool yet? I don't know what to expect... I've read that a few people's interviews lasted around 10 minutes, surely they can't ask a lot of questions in such a short period of time?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    lol no but like i said I know them very well. I just think it's in very bad taste to degrade someone on a public forum, especially coming from someone looking to enter the medical profession.
    Very true!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection from Brighton, Liverpool and Lancaster left, I am so nervous and scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aye7777)
    Just got a rejection from Brighton, Liverpool and Lancaster left, I am so nervous and scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what were your stats may i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMan17)
    what were your stats may i ask?
    9 A's at gcse, 4 a's at as level, achieved Abb at a level, 735 ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    I am really sorry to offend you in any way, I was just saying this because you were saying it will be explained in the tour thing, but at the heat of the moment I said it, he was good don't get me wrong, but I was just expressing an opinion, but for you I will not say anything else about my feedback from the tour!!! in medical profession you are meant to say the truth aren't yoou

ReputationRep:
    To people who have had interviews, what were people wearing?
    Was thinking a suit to be safe, but the email said smart casual I think..? Obviously rather be over than underdressed but would be better to not be either obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjward)
    To people who have had interviews, what were people wearing?
    Was thinking a suit to be safe, but the email said smart casual I think..? Obviously rather be over than underdressed but would be better to not be either obviously.
    A suit would be the best option as 95% of the other interviewees will be wearing the same. It's always better to be over dressed than under dressed when it comes to an interview too. Also I wouldn't worry about overdressing being a problem unless you rolled up in a tuxedo

ReputationRep:
    What to wear as a girl going for an interview? I have mine on Monday:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inesx)
    What to wear as a girl going for an interview? I have mine on Monday:eek:
    I think what I'm wearing for mine is a black pencil skirt with tights, black blazer and a nice shirt... I suspect that's the kind of thing most girls would wear?

Im so worried, 18 GCSE points, predicted A*AA and havent heard anything yet!!

anybody else in the same situation??

ReputationRep:
    Any resit applicants with achieved A Levels of ABB or less received an interview invite yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    Im so worried, 18 GCSE points, predicted A*AA and havent heard anything yet!!

anybody else in the same situation??
    yessss! heard from anywhere else?

(Original post by Angelica.)
    yessss! heard from anywhere else?
    ahhh good its so scary reading this thread!
    No! I literally havent heard anything its really stressing me out...how about you? Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow resitters got interviews? not just liverpool but any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    ahhh good its so scary reading this thread!
    No! I literally havent heard anything its really stressing me out...how about you? Where did you apply?
    had a cardiff interview last week
    liverpool, cardiff, brighton and sussex, ucl , you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenwyne-jones)
    Any fellow resitters got interviews? not just liverpool but any
    Hi fellow resitter and no interview . Would feel relaxed if this was deliberate not that we haven't been selected for interview . Would reeeeallly live to get an interview at Liverpool .

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.