Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Good Morning
    Good morning to you too ! I think I'll be chucking half my D1 definition cards away thanks to Fortitude

(Original post by Fortitude)
    I'm sure they will only ask the definitions that they've mentioned in the spec
    Yh thanks for bringing that up I have way too many definition revision cards - though I see loop & all on every notes I find online But I think from past papers I can confirm this with.... I am so happy to find this out
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    all correct

The answer is always Krusckals and you say you start with AB and DE (example). This is because with Krusckals alogrithm can be built with non connected sub trees while prims only the tree grows and has to be connected all the time
    Thanks, that makes sense

Define: Cycle/circuit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Good morning to you too ! I think I'll be chucking half my D1 definition cards away thanks to Fortitude

Yh thanks for bringing that up I have way too many definition revision cards - though I see loop & all on every notes I find online But I think from past papers I can confirm this with.... I am so happy to find this out

I know

You know in critical , in cascadee right, If they ask what activities may be happening, what part do you in look in the cascade

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that makes sense

Define: Cycle/circuit

No problem , anytime
    Cycle is a path in which you are permitted to return to the vertex more than once

ReputationRep:
    I know

You know in critical , in cascadee right, If they ask what activities may be happening, what part do you in look in the cascade
    If they ask at a certain time ? Then look along that time on your scale and see whichever activities cross. This could be the actual activity itself or float
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

Ha, ha but...

Disclaimer: If in an unfortunate event a definition is asked which is not on the spec, I bear no responsibility in anything at all!!

ReputationRep:
    If they ask at a certain time ? Then look along that time on your scale and see whichever activities cross. This could be the actual activity itself or float
    But what happens if they dont provide you the cascadee, and want you to get the time that may happen? what do u look at in that case
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No problem , anytime
    Cycle is a path in which you are permitted to return to the vertex more than once
    That's right but just being picky here, include it's a closed path.

ReputationRep:
    That's right but just being picky here, include it's a closed path.
    Yes! thanks

Define: adjacency matrix
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes! thanks

Define: adjacency matrix
    Ok, now I'm just going to seem really lazy but that's not on the spec Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    But what happens if they dont provide you the cascadee, and want you to get the time that may happen? what do u look at in that case
    Yh they do that sometimes to make our lives difficult Also when asking for scheduling without gant chart is difficult. But it's possible to do what you are asking about... using the early and late time diagram thingy Just find the tasks which have the particular time between their early & late time

Ha, ha but...

Disclaimer: If in an unfortunate event a definition is asked which is not on the spec, I bear no responsibility in anything at all!!
    Aha, don't worry I'll look into it just to make sure, and let you guys know But it makes sense though... I don't see any other reason they would put a glossary in the spec

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now I'm just going to seem really lazy but that's not on the spec Sorry.
    okay sorry

Define:connected graph

I have a question on page 80 question 10)b) , the answer at the back is really badly worded the first 2 bits are okay, but then where did they assume the x<equal 9 comes from,, did they make it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    Haha that is so true. Im more worried about not having enough time than anything really The worse thing is that the definitions barely make any sense to me. Good luck for friday
    I don't think about the definitions too much, just learn them word for word from the textbook

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Do we only need to know the definitions given in the glossary?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    okay sorry

Define:connected graph

I have a question on page 80 question 10)b) , the answer at the back is really badly worded the first 2 bits are okay, but then where did they assume the x<equal 9 comes from,, did they make it up?
    Connected Graph = a graph in which all the vertices are connected & vertices are connected if there's a path b/w them.

Well, in 10b you need the shortest route from B to C & the obvious one is BC which is just x H/W there's also BA, AC now obvs x should be the smallest & for it to be the smallest x has to be greater than or equal to 9 because if you subs 9 into (x-5) + (x-4) it gives 9 whereas if you used 6 or another number less than 9 let's use 6 for eg BA, AC would = 3 while the route BC would equal 6 hence that doesn't make sense since BC should be smaller & for this to be true, x has to be greater than or equal to 9.

ReputationRep:
    Connected Graph = a graph in which all the vertices are connected & vertices are connected if there's a path b/w them.

Well, in 10b you need the shortest route from B to C & the obvious one is BC which is just x H/W there's also BA, AC now obvs x should be the smallest & for it to be the smallest x has to be greater than or equal to 9 because if you subs 9 into (x-5) + (x-4) it gives 9 whereas if you used 6 or another number less than 9 let's use 6 for eg BA, AC would = 3 while the route BC would equal 6 hence that doesn't make sense since BC should be smaller & for this to be true, x has to be greater than or equal to 9.
    Yes makes perfect sense now, thank you

my turn
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes makes perfect sense now, thank you

my turn
    You're welcome

Define: Subgraph

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome

Define: Subgraph
    is a part of a graph in which the the number of vertices(nodes) are connected by a edge(arcs)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    is a part of a graph in which the the number of vertices(nodes) are connected by a edge(arcs)
    Yep, that's right

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's right
    I think I have made a mistake not sure but if you have a look at page 104 exercise 5G question 1)b) the activities happening should be G,H and F as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.