Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    It's been a couple of months now, thought I would just check up on how everyone is doing?
    Well I planned as usual to work loads but have failed miserably hahahah..

Just have no clue where to start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many hours do you guys reckon I should revise?

I'm in year 10, doing 8 GCSE exams for 4 GCSEs, but the thing is, I have 4 exams in 5 days, or 7 in in 12 days.

I was thinking from February half-term to Easter holidays, an hour or two a day, then in April, 3-5 depending on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    How many hours do you guys reckon I should revise?

I'm in year 10, doing 8 GCSE exams for 4 GCSEs, but the thing is, I have 4 exams in 5 days, or 7 in in 12 days.

I was thinking from February half-term to Easter holidays, an hour or two a day, then in April, 3-5 depending on the day
    I think thats more than enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudsonxoxo)
    I think thats more than enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So do you think that's an alright schedule?

ReputationRep:
    I've got GCSE mocks in a week. Doing about 6 hours with breaks in between

ReputationRep:
    How do u guys do it? I sit down for 10minutes and i get distracted. Even when i lock myself away from the outside world i fall victim to my imagination and make up hypothetical scenarios.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmyTurner93)
    How do u guys do it? I sit down for 10minutes and i get distracted. Even when i lock myself away from the outside world i fall victim to my imagination and make up hypothetical scenarios.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get that too last year I was fine but this year I have no motivation. hearing that people doing GCSEs are doing 6 hours and I'm second year of A-Levels hardly being able to revise at all 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3/4 hours but I should be doing 8

ReputationRep:
    second year of sixth form, got mocks in 2 weeks (important)...amount of minutes spent revising=0.

Anyone else like this (

ReputationRep:
    I've not even done 2 hours yet.
    Have 2 exams in Jan that count for 50% of 2 of my modules.
    Hopefully I pass...

ReputationRep:
    I used to do around 2-4 hours a day for AS. So far for A2=0...ucas and no jan exams has completely destroyed ny motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haleeema)
    I used to do around 2-4 hours a day for AS. So far for A2=0...ucas and no jan exams has completely destroyed ny motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same as me! I was so ready for my January exams last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    second year of sixth form, got mocks in 2 weeks (important)...amount of minutes spent revising=0.

Anyone else like this (
    I have 1 week left I just can't bring myself to sit down and focus, no idea how

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    I have 1 week left I just can't bring myself to sit down and focus, no idea how
    OMG same and I feel sooo bad because I know I need to revise. I just can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimples_ND)
    OMG same and I feel sooo bad because I know I need to revise. I just can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, feel your pain. It's like something is physically hanging over my head and I feel guilty for not doing something about it. Hope I'm not the only one who feels like this

ReputationRep:
    I have 14 mocks. -.- I'm revising from when I get up to when I go to sleep with 1 hour off for breakfast and tea and 2-3 hours of television.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Don't worry, feel your pain. It's like something is physically hanging over my head and I feel guilty for not doing something about it. Hope I'm not the only one who feels like this
    I actually feel like that. I cannot believe I have wasted almost two weeks and I have done nothing. I have the procrastination flu.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudsonxoxo)
    Exactly the same as me! I was so ready for my January exams last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was so ill last christmas yet I did hours of revision. Now I just have the cyber flu with symptoms of procrastination :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    0 I am just cool like that :P

ReputationRep:
    5 hours a day since just after results day. Got 4 resits,13 exams overall overall and covered work for all resit exams and 2 A2 unit 3 exams,going good

Dont care if it's in June,if you haven't started revising by now and you have 10+ exams and take Biology,chemistry and maths,like me,you're 95% screwed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.