Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Strange how, of the few recaps I've read (proper ones, not ones by random 'IWC' nobodies), there's no mention at all of the complete silence and disinterest during the MAIN EVENT of WRESTLEMANIA, or even the rushing through matches and 'time constraints' BS. We just gonna pretend it wasn't like that?

I haven't watched every WM, including the worst ones, but it was surely the worst run WrestleMania. Who was in charge of that? And by having no reaction at all, it can be argued as the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there's rumours circulating of the rock going straight home to LA, rather than staying for raw tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "The former champ is entitled to a rematch, but if you can beat the champ, you can fight him again"

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-

ReputationRep:
    Hey look since WrestleMania is now over. I guess the randomer's will hibernate now for a year. The ones who never pop up in the WWE Society but just join in, out of the blue when it's WrestleMania time.

Bye Deshi.

We'll see you again next year!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That Ziggler cash in was brilliant! I was waiting for him to use it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That Ziggler cash in was brilliant! I was waiting for him to use it!
    About time too! I thought he was going to do an Edge and wait till the last minute. But of course ppl were complaining about him being misused at WM. So, WWE finally decided to let Dolph have his moment, and on a grand night too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Hey look since WrestleMania is now over. I guess the randomer's will hibernate now for a year. The ones who never pop up in the WWE Society but just join in, out of the blue when it's WrestleMania time.

Bye Deshi.

We'll see you again next year!
    Haha what. I didn't even watch it?

Only posted because someone put up the TLC match and it bought back some memories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Haha what. I didn't even watch it?

Only posted because someone put up the TLC match and it bought back some memories.
    :lol: dw man, I was just bring sarcastic!

The triangle ladder matches back in the ruthless agression era with the Hardyz, Dudleys and Edge n Christian. Yh those were the days!

ReputationRep:
    :lol: dw man, I was just bring sarcastic!

The triangle ladder matches back in the ruthless agression era with the Hardyz, Dudleys and Edge n Christian. Yh those were the days!
    Edge's spear to Jeff at Wrestlemania X-Seven was one of the best things ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Edge's spear to Jeff at Wrestlemania X-Seven was one of the best things ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea and not to forget at WM23 when Jeff got his revenge in the MITB by hitting a sweet legdrop from a gigantic ladder all the way day onto Edge through some more ladders. Which ultimately led to both men being taken out of the match! Also, did you know that Jeff Hardy was scheduled to win the WM24 MITB match but instead the victory was given to Punk; and Hardy was taken out of the match. Mainly because of his drug problems etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yea and not to forget at WM23 when Jeff got his revenge in the MITB by hitting a sweet legdrop from a gigantic ladder all the way day onto Edge through some more ladders. Which ultimately led to both men being taken out of the match! Also, did you know that Jeff Hardy was scheduled to win the WM24 MITB match but instead the victory was given to Punk; and Hardy was taken out of the match. Mainly because of his drug problems etc.
    Oh yeah haha. Jeff has done some pretty crazy stuff in his time. The swantonbomb off the side of the RAW stage to Randy orton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For those who hate, hate, hate Puff Diddly's rapping in the song:

This is the closest we have to a Diddyless version.

And for those who just want more piano or a different/better rap:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    For those who hate, hate, hate Puff Diddly's rapping in the song:

I've heard it before and it's mint. Came across as the Diddy version was being used non-stop for the Ronaldo return to Old Trafford last month but this one was used in a video and it was tons better.

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough you do have good point in that context but still you criticise the show mainly because the results didn't go the way you wanted it. You can't deny how extravagant the match quality was in the majority of matches. But still you continue to bash the WM product and the effort that was put into it, the only minor critique that should be applied is the pdiddy musical performance. But that's basically it, it was generally a well-worked show, not the best and not sensational but it was adequately enough to entertain millions of people globally.

Everyone who was doubting Wrestlemania is looking pretty stupid right now! Weakest match left off the card, a nice Shield win (#BelieveInTheShield), sure there was no Orton heel turn but that may come in due time. We also had 3 absolutely outstanding matches in Punk/Taker, HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena.

I don't care what anyone says, Rock/Cena could quite possibly have been the show stealer. But it's close within all three matches. Don't take anything away from either man, good chemistry, quality bout!

Taker vs Punk didn't reach the heights of HBK/Taker, but that's expected if I'm honest. Still, it delivered in every way it could have, although I would have liked Taker kicking out of a GTS at some point. The fans went ecstatic when it concluded, a mammoth of a pop.

Lesnar vs HHH was an amazing brawl. Back and forth and we saw a Sweet Chin Music! Can't deny that it was entertaining from beginning to end.

For a Wrestlemania that was tipped to suck, it showed all the critics (including you) one thing: Never doubt WWE's power to put on a show,
    because they did last night.

Yet, still you aren't impressed? Really? Is there a logical rationale behind your
    dissatisfaction. Like you always look for these little minor things to complain online. How pedantic can you get? In fact, you personify the typical IWC member who constantly whines over wrestling
    Well obviously, it's one of the main things anyone criticise a show for. Do you want me to criticise the lighting instead? For the record, Triple H's was too bright.

And yes, yes I can deny the quality. Barring Punk/Taker and Hunter/Lesnar the matches were either average or severely bad. Cena/Rock was astoundingly bad, and you're probably the only person I've seen to compliment beyond "meh". The last ten minutes were a finisher-fest. I'm not just someone who criticises every event, last year's Wrestlemania was easily one of the best ever personally.

Besides Ryback can you name one single surprise on the card? It was predictable, predictability generally does not complement entertainment and drama.

Your entire reply to me is based on assumptions from one comment. You assume from my upset a lack of a Cena heel turn I'm automatically a "typical" IWC whiner without even questioning why I thought so.

Regarding your *****y comment later in this thread about the "randomers" now disappeared I must have missed the memo which says you have to be a member of the WWE Society to hold a valid opinion about Wrestlemania. I'm willing to bet my wrestling knowledge far outstretches yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I've heard it before and it's mint. Came across as the Diddy version was being used non-stop for the Ronaldo return to Old Trafford last month but this one was used in a video and it was tons better.
    Damn straight, she has a really good voice, reminds me a bit of Dido, much better than Diddy's version

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    Besides Ryback can you name one single surprise on the card? It was predictable, predictability generally does not complement entertainment and drama.
    But it does lend itself to being much more sensible. If it was predictable then, generally speaking, it makes sense. I'd rather that than they do something shocking for the sake of it that doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    But it does lend itself to being much more sensible. If it was predictable then, generally speaking, it makes sense. I'd rather that than they do something shocking for the sake of it that doesn't make sense.
    In most cases in life that's perhaps true but when it's your cash cow and your business is known internationally for taking risks such as the Muhammed Hassan storyline then it's a bit of an insult to your fans to make the entire event completely predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    Well obviously, it's one of the main things anyone criticise a show for. Do you want me to criticise the lighting instead? For the record, Triple H's was too bright.

And yes, yes I can deny the quality. Barring Punk/Taker and Hunter/Lesnar the matches were either average or severely bad. Cena/Rock was astoundingly bad, and you're probably the only person I've seen to compliment beyond "meh". The last ten minutes were a finisher-fest. I'm not just someone who criticises every event, last year's Wrestlemania was easily one of the best ever personally.

Your entire reply to me is based on assumptions from one comment. You assume from my upset a lack of a Cena heel turn I'm automatically a "typical" IWC whiner without even questioning why I thought so.

Regarding your *****y comment later in this thread about the "randomers" now disappeared I must have missed the memo which says you have to be a member of the WWE Society to hold a valid opinion about Wrestlemania. I'm willing to bet my wrestling knowledge far outstretches yours.

Haha really!! First of all, I was not being *****y, I was just making a joke which did not intend to instigate an array of offensiveness to anybody at all. Secondly, your last comment is hilarious, I wouldn't bet against the fact that my erudition of wrestling is greater than yours. Plus the fact that you are older than me anyway, and I'm not attempting to spark a trivial competition. Also, the majority of the IWC moan about Cena's character and how WWE is always too predictable. These traits are things that you have empirically demonstrated in your posts on this forum.

Also, if you ruminate about it, even though it might of been the perfect time to turn Cena heel, there may still be a better time that WWE has in store for us. It could happen at any time, not just at WM, it may have been a smart move to maintain this wait. And like I said, Cena is generally an juxtaposed antithesis of his own character (well to the majority of the IWC); on RAW he was taunting the crowd and arousing them to boo for him. A natural modern-day heel in disguise and as for the IWC-they are known for hating the faces and embracing the heels. Guys like Cena, Sheamus and Ryback aren't as appreciated as the revered Ziggler, Ambrose, Punk etc. Three guys are genuinely worshipped by the IWC. And this same IWC group have a specific characteristic which will never drain out. And that is to moan, ***** and wine. Let's say Cena did turn heel at WM then or on RAW or let's say later in thR year; it's almost guaranteed that you and these IWC guys will find something else to ***** about.

'Oh Yes Cena is heel but the product is still weak and disappointing because Ziggler isn't winning every week'.

'Cena's a heel finally yay but he's not utilised as the heel type that I want. Therefore, he sucks and so does the current product still'.

This notion of attitude is also similar to how Randy Orton is currently referred to as 'boring' by the IWC. But if he turned heel and started attacking ppl from behind again, then he's automatically an IWC idol. See! You need to give everything time, ppl were pissed by Ziggler's loss at Mania but then the next night they made up for it and let him cash in at the right time. Also, I understand that the tag match at WM was not great but WWE is still making an effort with the tag division and I thought it was a good idea for them to challenge. And plus why should Ziggler win the tag belts when the WHC is more important and vital for his career development. The finish was right but the match may not have lived up to WM standards but it did still provide some entertaining action but the real excitement came from the other main-event card matches.

And please don't quote me again because your boring me.

:

ReputationRep:
    Cena's character is perfect the way it is. I don't want him to become a full heel whatsoever. Cena's problem isn't his character, it's his wrestling which, I think, he gets a raw deal over at times. He's certainly not one of the best but he's not as bad as some people would have us believe. Generally speaking, I think Cena is under appreciated by a lot of fans, including me. I have to remind myself of his qualities as well.

ReputationRep:
    And please don't quote me again because your boring me.

:
    He said after several paragraphs. You're addicted, not bored.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.