Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact I'll be struggling for time on this paper. It carries more marks than AS and yet the time constraints are exactly the same. It's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    I know for a fact I'll be struggling for time on this paper. It carries more marks than AS and yet the time constraints are exactly the same. It's ridiculous.
    AYY What time is the exam tommorow?

ReputationRep:
    I cant sleep -_- for sure i would have forgotten everything i learnt by 2moro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKK94)
    Alright, I'm off! Good Luck everyone!
    Stay sharp and give it your best!

haha...

All the best

ReputationRep:
    So everyone's gone to sleep then :creep:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys for the ecology practical what are the main points you have to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raves)
    hey guys for the ecology practical what are the main points you have to write?

to measure abundence :
    Select appropriate quardat
    Select appropriate counting technqiue (counting individually, or percentage cover)
    Select appropriate sampling technique (random or systematic)

if random : divide area into grids, use 2 randomly genenrated numb to pick a grid coordinate and sample from the area
    if systematic : deivide the area into grids and sample frm evry nth grid. value for n is determind by size of area ure sampling in

-repeat and take an average

DIstribution:

same as above...but
    -talk about laying out a transect line along the envrionmental gradient.
    -repeat and take an average by turning ur transect into a belt
    -plot ur results as a kite diagram

another method is point quadrat. where pins are lowered systematiclay on to vegetation. any hits and misses are recorded

% cover = ( hits/ hits + misses ) x 100

these are the main points. i hope u know the rest? like how to choose a suitable region for the experiment, how to measure external abiotic factors, how to keep the factors constant ...etc etc?

I hope this helps. sorry if its too long, btw, when do u have xam?? like how many hors frm now? and dont mind the spellin mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwantopas19)
    to measure abundence : Select appropriate quardatSelect appropriate counting technqiue (counting individually, or percentage cover)Select appropriate sampling technique (random or systematic) if random : divide area into grids, use 2 randomly genenrated numb to pick a grid coordinate and sample from the area if systematic : deivide the area into grids and sample frm evry nth grid. value for n is determind by size of area ure sampling in-repeat and take an averageDIstribution: same as above...but-talk about laying out a transect line along the envrionmental gradient. -repeat and take an average by turning ur transect into a belt-plot ur results as a kite diagramanother method is point quadrat. where pins are lowered systematiclay on to vegetation. any hits and misses are recorded% cover = ( hits/ hits + misses ) x 100 these are the main points. i hope u know the rest? like how to choose a suitable region for the experiment, how to measure external abiotic factors, how to keep the factors constant ...etc etc? I hope this helps. sorry if its too long, btw, when do u have xam?? like how many hors frm now? and dont mind the spellin mistakes
    thaaank you like 4 more hoursss! im so scared :/ im doing the june 2012 one and its pretty hard :/ what time is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raves)
    thaaank you like 4 more hoursss! im so scared :/ im doing the june 2012 one and its pretty hard :/ what time is yours?

2 more hours!!!! im in the same situation. so nervous :/

ReputationRep:
    Funny cause he had the Bio yesterday and the exam was all based on freaking Flowers and stuff, I mean nothing to do with blood, veins or most things that we did but I hope you guys do well I know that I at least got an A as I felt that I missed A* due to the last question, so make sure you are ready for big questions :P.
    Wait this is A level? Well you guys got more knowledge than me so don't listen to my crappy advice as I am only @ GCSE level.

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to everyone sitting this exam!!

Hope they get what they want, for many of us our university offer relies on exams like this one.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm off now, good luck to everyone and I'll see you on the other side!

ReputationRep:
    so how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sravya)
    so how did you find it?
    Some of the questions were really random :O
    How did everyone else find it - out of ten?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sravya)
    so how did you find it?
    I thought it was a good exam to be honest, how about you? Afew questions were tough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Who will post the questions and possible answers? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Its past 12 hours right? :s
    yeah about 15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    Some of the questions were really random :O
    How did everyone else find it - out of ten?
    7ishhh maybe 8, what was the whole enzyme question about!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    yeah about 15

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I was just a little cautious
    How did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue21)
    7ishhh maybe 8, what was the whole enzyme question about!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get that question either. It was confusing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.