Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    normally i turn my back depending how drunk i am, otherwise just face and talk lol
    My God. How do you deal with having such little time to yourself?! Whenever I go to a club I always have to have a toilet break at some point in the night just so I can have a sit down without people trying to talk to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    What do you mean, if?

It's just like girls can't understand how guys can piss in front of each other. And guys don't understand why girls go to bathrooms together.
    For the record, I can't. Nervous bladder. If I go into a public bathroom, unless it's empty, I will use a cubicle. Not because of the genitals on show but because of the pressure to hurry up and finish.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    For the record, I can't. Nervous bladder. If I go into a public bathroom, unless it's empty, I will use a cubicle. Not because of the genitals on show but because of the pressure to hurry up and finish.
    That's understandable - I hate peeing when anyone else can hear. I'm such a nervous person. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    I've never heard of this rule.
    I'm here to take back your mancard.

Edit: Typo

ReputationRep:
    How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.
    hell yeah! Especially when there's no door or its open to the entrance to the toilets and then you think to yourself 'I wonder if the people stood outside can hear me...?'

ReputationRep:
    That's understandable - I hate peeing when anyone else can hear. I'm such a nervous person. :rolleyes:
    Haha. Not the noise for me though really, more the lack of noise. Sometimes I'll attempt to use a urinal and I'll be standing there trying to pee and perhaps someone will come in or already be there and then it's overwhelming how obvious it is that I'm just standing there doing nothing, which makes it harder.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    hell yeah! Especially when there's no door or its open to the entrance to the toilets and then you think to yourself 'I wonder if the people stood outside can hear me...?'
    I swear they're deliberately designed to announce Mother Nature's calling card.

ReputationRep:
    How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.
    LOL just flush the toilet as you take it out, masks the sound perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    How many people have you heard of that have died from being kicked in the balls? Now compare that to the number of women that have died in childbirth. :rolleyes:
    That's not really the same thing though. Pain from contractions don't cause death. I'd wager it's loss of blood.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by kaypc)
    LOL just flush the toilet as you take it out, masks the sound perfectly.
    But then there's the bigggg pause between flushing and leaving the stall, and that feels awkward too.

I know, I'm terrible. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Not the noise for me though really, more the lack of noise. Sometimes I'll attempt to use a urinal and I'll be standing there trying to pee and perhaps someone will come in or already be there and then it's overwhelming how obvious it is that I'm just standing there doing nothing, which makes it harder.
    This is awful. I always use a cubicle if I can, don't know what it is, just find it hard to take a leak in public.

The worst part about this is my friends found out, so now it's pretty common for them to follow me into the bathroom after a couple of drinks and talk to me, because they know I wont be able to actually piss while they're talking to me. *******s
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I guess it's more of an issue of like. Judgement for guys, 'cause everyone can see you.

ReputationRep:
    But then there's the bigggg pause between flushing and leaving the stall, and that feels awkward too.

I know, I'm terrible. :rolleyes:
    People dont pay attention to things like this. And if they do notice, they dont care
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    People dont pay attention to things like this. And if they do notice, they dont care
    Almost certainly true, I agree. But that doesn't make me stop caring. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Pretending to be interested in becoming a girl's friend when actually all you want is to sleep with her does not usually work.
    That men don't usually pretend to want to be a girl's friend to sleep with them.

Edit: If it isn't clear I'll clarify, men become friends with women because they want to be friends with them. Simple, right? And if they also want to have sex with them that doesn't usually take away from that. They still want to be friends for other reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LISSEY)
    Wearing a g string can sometimes feel like a cheese cutter

How awkward it feels when you're nipples are erect & showing through your tops even with a bra on.
    As awkward as having an erection and having difficulty positioning it more subtly?

ReputationRep:
    As awkward as having an erection and having difficulty positioning it more subtly?
    Any kind of tight jeans + an erection = bad bad times

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    I didn't say it was impossible to die from being kicked in the balls; I just compared the two - it's far more likely for childbirth to cause death than being kicked in the the balls.
    8.6 fatalities per 100,000 maternities

Also, being kicked in the balls is pain on impact - that split second of extreme pain, followed by aching afterwards. Childbirth? For lot's of women, giving birth is hours of constant pain followed by days of aching.
    Split second? Try several minutes. Still very painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Grabbing hold of our boobs can be painful :sigh: And the sheer pain of knocking your hip bone on a corner or God forbid knocking your vaginal area is excrutiating :eek:
    Have you heard of a penis per chance?

ReputationRep:
    8.6 fatalities per 100,000 maternities
    Do you have a statistic for deaths from being kicked in the balls?

Split second? Try several minutes. Still very painful.
    To use your wording; several minutes? Try several hours.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.