Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  BIen0CSCMAIC6wv.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  19.3 KB That goal by RVP:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is still better than van Persie. :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    Walcott up front against United isn't a bad shout. He doesn't have much strength but his pace could be useful and he does have good movement, I reckon he could cause Rio and Vidic more problems than what Podolski would do (in his current form and fitness).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you arsenal..

ReputationRep:
    I hope RVP doesn't have his tibia broken or damage any vertebrae or anything.. That would be awful.

ReputationRep:
    If we had kept van persie do you think we could have won anything?
    With everything else being the same I think we could have easily got third, it'd be much tighter at the top three places.
    We still could get third if so I can't believe that! After how poor we've been. Chelsea have completely underperformed, looking at their team it's so good! Think they'll be challenging for the title next season
    Hopefully so will we with two or three additions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn it - RVP looks like he's going to get the golden boot. Deserves it but :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    First in weeks but just a few thoughts.

Was at Craven Cottage on Sat and paid 55 quid for the pleasure. Ny brother has been paying a similar amount up and down the country for years but not a word is said about it. Meanwhile arsenal were slaughtered for 62 pounds away tickets. 62 for Arsenal/Man City in a world class stadium is miles better than 55 in an ancient stadium vs a mid table team. But there you go. Bit like people taking the piss out of the emirates atmosphere, which is poor tbf, as if old trafford, stamford bridge etc are any better. Think people try to hammer Arsenal on these kind of issues to try to cover up their own clubs problems...

On the pitch, we've been terrible going forward. Walcott, giroud in particular have been 3/10 for games now. Cazorla and rosicky slightly less bad but offering sweet f.a. tbh most of the time. In fact the only spell we've looked actually dangerous was the last 20 vs norwich where podolski and in particular AOC changed the game for us. So for me its a no brainer to play these two vs utd. AOC destroyed them last season and hes miles hungrier than Walcott. Walcott is showing his true colours again. I've said it many times but theo never plays well as such, its just the opposing defense doing something ridiculous like trying to play him offside. Such a waste of 100k.

Ramsey has done well, esp vs everton. He's useful in these kind of games which are low on technical quality and more about being energetic and fit, which he obviously is.
    Jack has been poor but he just isn't fit. Hoping he recovers in time for utd and if he does I'd play him along side ramsey, cazorla and arteta.

Mert and kosc have been great for us though, both 8/10 vs Fulham. Verm won't get his place back ever imobut hes not the player he was. Needs a new start elsewhere tbh. Sagna is back to something like his old self after a horrific 6 months which is good to see. Monreal good vs Fulham and atm can't choose between him and gibbs, Probs go for gibbo vs utd though as he's English and more up for a game like this.

So my team vs utd: szcz Sagna Mert kosc gibbo arteta ramsey Jack cazorla poldi AOC. With poldi as the st. No idea why people, and wenger, doubt his ability to play there. He scored 20 odd goals for a relegated team last season and when he played there vs reading for a bit he looked good. Poldi is a simple, effective player and given a chance hell bury it. His link up is generally fine and loves go counter attack, which we will need to do vs utd.

But I expect to see: szcz, Sagna, Mert, kosc, gibbs, arteta, ramsey, cazorla, rosicky, wilshere, AOC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    But I expect to see: szcz, Sagna, Mert, kosc, gibbs, arteta, ramsey, cazorla, rosicky, wilshere, AOC.
    You expect us to play no striker?

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd share:

The Premier League title has only been decided at Old Trafford on three previous occasions, one of which saw Arsenal win it. Rare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    You expect us to play no striker?
    Should have Walcott in there. As I said, theo is shocking and I expect him to be useless, unless vidic spends the week on the piss or something. People are having a go.at giroud bit Walcott has been worse. What's worse is that I know I'm destined to watch him for another 7 or so years at least, on 100k...

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys seen Piers Morgan's tweets, he's just embarrassing himself

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer us to have a front 3 of Ox, Walcott, Rosicky with Cazorla in the middle against United. I think the pace will cause them problems and both Rosicky and Oxlade will work hard and track back which will be important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Have any of you guys seen Piers Morgan's tweets, he's just embarrassing himself
    Why couldn't he support tottenham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Why couldn't he support tottenham
    True, his meltdowns would be a lot funnier if he was a Spud fan. Still, it's funny, albeit embarrassing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    I would prefer us to have a front 3 of Ox, Walcott, Rosicky with Cazorla in the middle against United. I think the pace will cause them problems and both Rosicky and Oxlade will work hard and track back which will be important.
    Rosicky's much better in the middle than out wide

ReputationRep:
    The lad RVP's just won his first trophy.

Jokes. Obv won the cup with yous.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for every Utd fan fan I know posts pictures of RVP lifting the trophy on my FB wall :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    I can't wait for every Utd fan fan I know posts pictures of RVP lifting the trophy on my FB wall :rolleyes:
    Rofl, I just deactived my facebook. Dunno how it's gonna go down in school. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    So, United win yet another title. How sickeningly repetitive.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.