Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjords)
    Starting to get a bit frantic over here, haha.

I'm actually still writing my notes, currently half way through the USA topic and going to move on to Politics of Development next. I'm just hoping the next three days will give me enough time to actually learn the information and the ridiculous amount of statistics!

It's such a pain that you have all this stuff to learn yet only have to answer four questions...

Good luck to everyone!
    Yes, I agree. What's more, apparently in the past you only needed to learn one of either health or wealth, whereas now we have to learn both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confused!)
    Why are people saying AMS vs FPTP? Didn't it come up in 2007? HELP!

Because out of all the party systems, AMS is the least recent that came up with STV 2/3 years ago and i dont know about party list. lol

ReputationRep:
    Why are people saying AMS vs FPTP? Didn't it come up in 2007? HELP!
    2007 was a while ago
    Probably because FPTP vs STV has come up more recently than AMS

ReputationRep:
    Also in 2005 the questions "discuss the role of the first minister for scotland" came up. Is this still in use? It hasn't come up since.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I think it will be PR systems vs FPTP because I don't think that has came up, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    I'm starting to really worry about this exam. I managed to get a high B in the prelim with night-before revision, but I NEED an A this time.
    i'm the exact same. 69% i got (bare in mind i got like 18/30 for the dme, dope)

so much to bloody worry about, i do more stressing than actual work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)
    i'm the exact same. 69% i got (bare in mind i got like 18/30 for the dme, dope)

so much to bloody worry about, i do more stressing than actual work
    My DME score was exactly the same, but if I just stop waffling and get to the point I should be fine in the exam. Most of the time I just end up sitting, paralysed with fear, yet not making any move to revise.

ReputationRep:
    What are people predicting for China?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Just out of interest, why do you think the DME will be on wealth? It's been wealth for the last 2 years and before that they've always alternated them.
    Oops I meant health not wealth lol

ReputationRep:
    Do you all fancy sharing each others background knowledge for the report? Might help a lot of people out who are lacking in some areas and its not like it will be plagiarism. We did this in class and our teacher just photocopied everyone's background knowledge and handed it out to the class.

I'll photocopy mine in a minute and upload it for y'all.

ReputationRep:
    stressed out beyond belief! hopefully 3/4 or something come up thats been predicted and 1 is wingable.

can everyone do them in 22.5 minutes? i seem to run out of time going at my very fastest!

ReputationRep:
    What are people predicting for China?
    I'm thinking something involving social & economic reform (only on the basis that it was social and political last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)
    stressed out beyond belief! hopefully 3/4 or something come up thats been predicted and 1 is wingable.

can everyone do them in 22.5 minutes? i seem to run out of time going at my very fastest!
    In my prelim, I was covering three sides in about 20-21 minutes - needless to say my writing was barely legible!

ReputationRep:
    Reading through this and everyones freaking out, I've just been learning loads of essays, spent like an hour pacing around my room reciting it then write it out in under 22 mins, its worked for nearly all of mine and ive still got 3 days !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertwadds)
    In my prelim, I was covering three sides in about 20-21 minutes - needless to say my writing was barely legible!
    can you get marks off for really messy writing? I can write fast but lets just say its not very neat when rushed and my teacher told me to keep an eye on my writing.

ReputationRep:
    Is Alternative Vote the same as Single Transferbale vote?? reading my notes it seems they are the same someone help! Also my teacher predicted Minimum Pricing of Alcohol for DME!! Pressure groups or House of Lords, PR vs FPTP, and immigration for USA. personally i think it might be their political influence due to the 2012 presidential election

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLee123)
    can you get marks off for really messy writing? I can write fast but lets just say its not very neat when rushed and my teacher told me to keep an eye on my writing.
    You'll only lose marks if the marker can't actually read what you've written. They can't mark something if they don't actually know what It says

ReputationRep:
    So for PR vs FPTP how would you structure it? Do a third of it on AMS better than FPTP, another third on STV better than FPTP and the last third doing FPTP better than AMS/STV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendycfc)
    So for PR vs FPTP how would you structure it? Do a third of it on AMS better than FPTP, another third on STV better than FPTP and the last third doing FPTP better than AMS/STV?
    How I would probably do it is give the general advantages/disadvantages of PR systems, and link them to STV/AMS in your examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendycfc)

My teacher just tells us to split our essays up into 4 sections;
    Proportionality
    Stable Gov't
    Voter choice
    strong link between voters and representatives

so like say "PR systems give a much fairer proportionality in government that does FPTP. FPTP usually leads to a elected dictatorship and many votes being wasted etc.. However PR systems, like AMS and STV create an overall more representative gov't. AMS may still have FPTP element however.... STV allows many voters to be represented as...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.