Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Not right now, no. 5 weeks is plenty. If you're still getting B's in past papers a few days before the exam, maybe then you should be worried.

Apparently the exams are getting harder every time though, so I'd recommend doing some more challenging questions. Solomon papers etc.

solomon c4 are easy though, c3 make me want to cry :'(

I know they are :/ Jan c3 paper is crazily hard! :/ urgh trig!

But then C2 in Jan was really easy, so its abit unpredictable really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbiHem)
    What are the chances of normal distribution coming up on S1 (Edexcel) Friday?
    It will definitely be there, it's a whole section in the course after all. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbiHem)
    What are the chances of normal distribution coming up on S1 (Edexcel) Friday?
    The number of normal distribution questions on an S1 paper models itself in a normal distribution with a mean of 1 and a standard deviation of 0.0000001...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    The number of normal distribution questions on an S1 paper models itself in a normal distribution with a mean of 1 and a standard deviation of 0.0000001...
    You missed a 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    solomon c4 are easy though, c3 make me want to cry :'(

I know they are :/ Jan c3 paper is crazily hard! :/ urgh trig!

But then C2 in Jan was really easy, so its abit unpredictable really.
    Then you could try doing AEA papers or something, I don't really bother with Solomons anymore so I wouldn't know about whether they're harder than the real past papers or not. You could try Elmwood papers too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    You missed a 0
    The kicker: after rigorous hypothesis testing, it actually models itself in a poisson distribution with a mean of 1.2.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    The kicker: after rigorous hypothesis testing, it actually models itself in a poisson distribution with a mean of 1.2.

:eek:
    Why did you not just say: \ P(1q+ \ on  \ Normal  \ Distribution) =1 and be done?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I heard this year it was gonna be find:
    \displaysyle\int e^{-x^2} \ dx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Since you're at the top of the special helpers list I thought I'd address this to you. For S1 Normal Distribution after you've found out the mean and SD, would you use your rounded or un-rounded values?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Since you're at the top of the special helpers list I thought I'd address this to you. For S1 Normal Distribution after you've found out the mean and SD, would you use your rounded or un-rounded values?
    I would use unrounded.

ReputationRep:
    I would use unrounded.
    So if I did otherwise would I get penalized?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    What overall grade you need?

My C4 mark didn't bother me, so I left it as it is.
    I assume you mean for my offer? An A but I got an A*

Yeah I mean 79/100 is a good score for C4 so there's no need to stress with it What do you need for maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You've seen this before... If you're a newcomer!

This is for discussion for all boards from C1-4 M1-3 S1-3 and FP1-3

As these are the modules available to all!

But of course you can also.discuss:
    D1-2 FP4 M4-5 S4

Post questions, help, tips and messages

Good luck!

Useful Websites:

www.examsolutions.co.uk
    https://www.khanacademy.org/

YouTube: maths247

M1 Revision Tips

Special Helpers:
    DJMayes
    Felix Felicis
    Joostan
    MathsNerd
    JustInAwe
    Usycool
    Llewellyn
    Lord of The Flies
    Thought I should be the one to point out you wrote 'usycool1's username wrong

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you would (That said, I'm not 100% sure) but I would play it safe and use the unrounded value. Besides, doesn't the loss of accuracy of a rounded value make your skin crawl anyway? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you would (That said, I'm not 100% sure) but I would play it safe and use the unrounded value. Besides, doesn't the loss of accuracy of a rounded value make your skin crawl anyway? :lol:
    I know what you mean, it makes me cringe whenever my friends use rounded values for further calculations

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got AQA S1 this Friday? I want to cry... I hate stats so much :'(

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because you're using inaccurate numbers in the calculation so I believe you do lose marks. In general, you should not round at all until right at the end, and then round to the required number of significant figures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Yeah because you're using inaccurate numbers in the calculation so I believe you do lose marks. In general, you should not round at all until right at the end, and then round to the required number of significant figures.
    Alright thanks , I take it you're a maths teacher or something?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh don't get me started... with the amount of times I've had to deal with approximations in Mechanics with subsequent parts of the question following on, life would be so much easier if everything just had an answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Anyone got AQA S1 this Friday? I want to cry... I hate stats so much :'(
    Got S1 on Friday but with Edexcel, what's so bad about Stats?

ReputationRep:
    Got S1 on Friday but with Edexcel, what's so bad about Stats?
    Mehh, I just don't understand it. I don't get why you use all the formula and the questions are so wordy. Maybe it's just because I haven't done it before but I still don't like it :cry:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.