Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secret.)
    I think that as they're still considered a minor the court could overrule the decision if there is risk of serious harm or death (Is this correct?), but I'm not too sure how that would work out to be honest, if the child is refusing, would he will be sedated and treated on? :confused:

I had another look and basically in Scotland if the child is competent and has capacity then they are allowed to refuse and the parents cannot override the decision.

In England it says that it is more complex and if child who has fully capacity and is competent refuses treatment within their best interests then the case can go to court.

Then I'm certain that if the teenager is 16 or over and competent/ has fully capacity then they can refuse treatment regardless of whether or not it is in their best interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    I had another look and basically in Scotland if the child is competent and has capacity then they are allowed to refuse and the parents cannot override the decision.

In England it says that it is more complex and if child who has fully capacity and is competent refuses treatment within their best interests then the case can go to court.

Then I'm certain that if the teenager is 16 or over and competent/ has fully capacity then they can refuse treatment regardless of whether or not it is in their best interests.
    Correct but if the 16 or 17 year old refuses treatment and it's in their best interest( life changing) then the court can still override their decision because they are a young person, not an adult yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Correct but if the 16 or 17 year old refuses treatment and it's in their best interest( life changing) then the court can still override their decision because they are a young person, not an adult yet.
    ohh I didn't know that Thanks and thenonce they are 18 even if the treatment is in their best interests/ life changing they are allowed to refuse it since they have the right to autonomy?

ReputationRep:
    ohh I didn't know that Thanks and thenonce they are 18 even if the treatment is in their best interests/ life changing they are allowed to refuse it since they have the right to autonomy?
    Yes correct but every patient regardless of age has autonomy

ReputationRep:
    Ta :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Hi again loool

just wondering, do you know the answer to:

Currently do foreign students who come to the UK to study NOT have to pay to see a GP but if they want hospital treatment(e.g. operation) then they do?

ReputationRep:
    Hi again loool

Currently do foreign students who come to the UK to study NOT have to pay to see a GP but if they want hospital treatment(e.g. operation) then they do?
    I would answer it but I'm not too sure..but I believe they are entitled to GP treatment as if they need a follow up or referral, then a GP is needed. They have to be enrolled on a course and have an address.

ReputationRep:
    I would answer it but I'm not too sure..but I believe they are entitled to GP treatment as if they need a follow up or referral, then a GP is needed. They have to be enrolled on a course and have an address.
    Oh okay

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay
    I'm not 100% sure...:hide:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure...:hide:
    :rofl:

It does sound right but hopefully someone will confirm it :awesome:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi again loool

I thought that if they can prove they are a full time student then it's free (both GP and hospital treatment)
    This is certainly the case for EU students, I would want clarification for further afield though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I thought that if they can prove they are a full time student then it's free (both GP and hospital treatment)
    This is certainly the case for EU students, I would want clarification for further afield though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh right :yeah:

same *scratches head* lool.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any interviews yet? when should we be expecting to hear from the unis?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nana96)
    Has anyone got any interviews yet? when should we be expecting to hear from the unis?
    For UKCAT unis they began to receive our scores this week, so maybe next week we should start hearing more
    For Non UKCAT/BMAT unis some people have heard e.g. Birmingham
    BMAT - obviously no news haha

ReputationRep:
    For UKCAT unis they began to receive our scores this week, so maybe next week we should start hearing more
    For Non UKCAT/BMAT unis some people have heard e.g. Birmingham
    BMAT - obviously no news haha
    ahh the wait is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ahh the wait is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same...

Where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Same...

Where are you applying?
    UCL, Manchester, Kings and Barts wbu?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    UCL, Manchester, Kings and Barts wbu?
    Nice choices

Imperial, Newcastle, Leicester and HYMS
    Hopefully we will hear something soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to all my fellow TSR friends who are doing the BMAT tomorrow!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya_Biju)
    Good Luck to all my fellow TSR friends who are doing the BMAT tomorrow!!!

I thought it was today :erm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.