Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Both parties are saying that everything's fine-the council can manage an empty stadium and SISU are happy to fund massive losses in their attempt to get the Ricoh cheap.

It is an utter shambles and I am genuinely angry at the state of the club and all those responsible. Note-that includes the footballing authorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Presumably the stand-off will continue until someone runs out of money or patience then? Do you see any other way of this resolving itself?

Can't believe the league have allowed this to happen, but I suppose in a post-MK Dons world, anything can...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    Presumably the stand-off will continue until someone runs out of money or patience then? Do you see any other way of this resolving itself?

Can't believe the league have allowed this to happen, but I suppose in a post-MK Dons world, anything can...
    The council's resolve will be tested in the upcoming judicial review this June-if they lose then their position might become a lot weaker. Otherwise, SISU may lose patience and build their crappy Lego stadium somewhere outside Coventry.

I think over the next few years we will eventually return but interest in the club will be dead and the team could be in League 2 or lower. For a club of our size and potential fan base that is an utter joke and English football should hold its head in shame for allowing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The council's resolve will be tested in the upcoming judicial review this June-if they lose then their position might become a lot weaker. Otherwise, SISU may lose patience and build their crappy Lego stadium somewhere outside Coventry.

I think over the next few years we will eventually return but interest in the club will be dead and the team could be in League 2 or lower. For a club of our size and potential fan base that is an utter joke and English football should hold its head in shame for allowing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be like Leeds Utd playing their home games in Sheffield. I couldn't even imagine that. Though I suspect if, for whatever reason, Leeds can't play at Elland Road, we'd most likely end up at the John Smith Stadium in Huddersfield. Daunting to think that if Cellino fails his fit & proper persons test, Leeds United will go into administration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    That would be like Leeds Utd playing their home games in Sheffield. I couldn't even imagine that. Though I suspect if, for whatever reason, Leeds can't play at Elland Road, we'd most likely end up at the John Smith Stadium in Huddersfield. Daunting to think that if Cellino fails his fit & proper persons test, Leeds United will go into administration.
    At least Brammall Lane holds more than 7,500. Nobody ever fails this test, Carson Yeung passed it for goodness' sake...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At least Brammall Lane holds more than 7,500. Nobody ever fails this test, Carson Yeung passed it for goodness' sake...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Laurence Bassini passed it, a man who had had 13 businesses, 12 of them went into adminstration, and was declared bankrupt the year before he took over Watford. Then people were surprised when it turned out he was a conman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fit and proper persons test presumably consists of just asking an unfit and improper person for a massive bung.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    The fit and proper persons test presumably consists of just asking an unfit and improper person for a massive bung.
    It's not fit for purpose in the first place. It just asks if the potential owner was a director at a club when that club went insolvent. Doesn't look at intentions or if the money is actually there, just if they've history of damaging a club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Laurence Bassini passed it, a man who had had 13 businesses, 12 of them went into adminstration, and was declared bankrupt the year before he took over Watford. Then people were surprised when it turned out he was a conman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The prospective owner fills in the form themselves. Total joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No way is cellino not passing it.

Especially when this just came out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nd-proper-test

ReputationRep:
    Well club records seem to be falling every game at the minute, 9 straight wins and Sako & Dicko forging a partnership that we haven't seen since Bully's days! That Branco defender guy was a right knob 'ed for Swindon though.

Whoever comes 6th in League one will go up, sods law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Well club records seem to be falling every game at the minute, 9 straight wins and Sako & Dicko forging a partnership that we haven't seen since Bully's days! That Branco defender guy was a right knob 'ed for Swindon though.

Whoever comes 6th in League one will go up, sods law.
    Any chance of Judas Clarke breaking his leg before the game at our poxy shed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    No way is cellino not passing it.

Especially when this just came out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nd-proper-test
    I am reluctant to advocate government interference in sport, but couldn't company law prevent ownership by such people?

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of Judas Clarke breaking his leg before the game at our poxy shed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He'll score then break his toe kicking a billboard so don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    He'll score then break his toe kicking a billboard so don't worry too much.
    Pointless signing for the dingles but one which has left us in big trouble. Struggling to stay in the third tier whilst Wolves and fecking Leicester romp to the title has me more pissed off than Alan Pardew's forehead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pointless signing for the dingles but one which has left us in big trouble. Struggling to stay in the third tier whilst Wolves and fecking Leicester romp to the title has me more pissed off than Alan Pardew's forehead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could be worse, you could keep loaning Leon Best until he scores a goal. Reminds of Jay Slothroyd as a footballer.

Apparently we asked Blackburn to loan us their best striker. We meant Jordan Rhodes, we got Leon Best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Could be worse, you could keep loaning Leon Best until he scores a goal. Reminds of Jay Slothroyd as a footballer.

Apparently we asked Blackburn to loan us their best striker. We meant Jordan Rhodes, we got Leon Best.
    You seem to forget Coventry was where he first made his name. Sorry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/Mbzp0OIIezu

Perfectly acceptable according to Championship referees. Sort it out FA, teams are suffering each week due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bloody hell - Deeney should have at least been booked for that. The penalty incident is a massive misnomer mind, unless the Donny keeper was up front for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    https://vine.co/v/Mbzp0OIIezu

Perfectly acceptable according to Championship referees. Sort it out FA, teams are suffering each week due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait, I'm confused. What was the actual result of that incident?

And are you arguing that you should have had a penalty or that Deeney should have been penalised? You're a Watford fan, right?

Because I'm with Stiff Little Fingers. That's a horrible challenge from Deeney. Dived in when he was never going to get near it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Wait, I'm confused. What was the actual result of that incident?

And are you arguing that you should have had a penalty or that Deeney should have been penalised? You're a Watford fan, right?

Because I'm with Stiff Little Fingers. That's a horrible challenge from Deeney. Dived in when he was never going to get near it.
    Deeney shouldn't have gone in but does the ball. Its the keeper rugby tackling Deeney that should probably make it a penalty. Quality of video probably doesn't do justice as even the club Twitter went berserk at the decision.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.