Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by berkin12)
My prediction:
Core 1 - A
Core 2 - U
Statistics - A

I'm guessing I'm retaking core two next year... That's goodbye to medicine school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We - my microcosmic individual human - are in the same boat. Average grade for medicine school is now A*A*Ab : (

Posted from TSR Mobile
IntenseTestTakin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jkizer)
Assuming 60 ish for an A, then i imagine something like the 53 mark for a B grade.

Q7 part b, how many marks was that worth?
zisa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by at12345)
Got 5 root 3
i got that too
at12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Feathersmcgraw)
It wasn't. it was root55
Its not your wrong
MrHogwash
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MotherFukker)
Peeps, Grade Boundary Predictions?
I think 60+ is an A because
1. There were no January Exams this year, meaning the grades have to be lower as they have to give out so many A's and no-resits
2. Compared to past papers,personally, some questions were not standard questions, meaning people will find them more difficult to do. Examples such as finding K in the Circle Theorem and finding out what X is in the power questions where you have to do LOGS
3. This arguably is similar in difficulty to the Jan 2010 paper, 54/60 would be the minimum for an A for that test
4. The responses in the Forums I think show it was tough (ignoring trolls)

So yeah, I'd say 60+ for an A definitely, 56+ maybe?
Thanks motherfukker!
alicelucy22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Brohawk)
yeah but also sinx=0

Oh I forgot that How many marks do you think I dropped?
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IntenseTestTakin)
Q7 part b, how many marks was that worth?
What topic was that question again?
saadajmal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i got the area for 5. 30 cm square.. i think i might have made a mistake in finding base x height.. any idea how many marks would i lose
MrHogwash
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did Edexcel employ Satan to write this paper? That last question was worth at least 13 marks and was full of long bull**** text.
Craig David
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Frigging UCAS and A Levels. Every year they want higher grades for Uni, from AAA to A*A*A and then they put the exams harder! Da hell? I hope I did my a level in 2009. Woul have been a breeze in maths.
rapunzelsa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alicelucy22)
Oh I forgot that How many marks do you think I dropped?
I did same thing, only two at most! Don't worry about it
jon5579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrHogwash)
Did Edexcel employ Satan to write this paper? That last question was worth at least 13 marks and was full of long bull**** text.
I didn't even read the text I just thought. Meh, boring waste of time can't do it cba. I had like 5 minutes left, so I just did c and d which were worth a majority of the marks on the question and got it right lol. You could have just ignored the wall of text :P The last parts were irrelevant.
PsychoPanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was careless and worked out x=5 In the second last question, but worked using the correct techniques throughout, getting a final S value from x= 5 do you think i will get error carried forward. How many marks do you think I will get out of 6? ( I used the right steps to get the answer but messed up algebra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
keveend
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the trig question, I wrote tan as sin/cos and then took sin out as a common factor and equated it to zero.
Anyone else did in this way?
For the area I got 38.9
For k I got 5 root 3
Overall pretty satisfied with myself.
jon5579
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PsychoPanda)
I was careless and worked out x=5 In the second last question, but worked using the correct techniques throughout, getting a final S value from x= 5 do you think i will get error carried forward. How many marks do you think I will get out of 6? ( I used the right steps to get the answer but messed up algebra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was personally a bit miffed that there was a couple of questions in there you couldn't do without doing the previous parts of the question, but yeah, you'll get EcF as long as you substituted correctly and got a minimum.
rapunzelsa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
K wasn't 5root3. If you got that, it's because when you squared 6root5, you did
6 x (root5)^2 = 6 x 5 =30
instead of
6 x 6 x root5 x root5 = 6 x 6 x 5 = 180
gyshmey nbofster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought the paper was fairly generous. My one concern, is that when finding the second derivative in part d of the last question, I acciedently wrote dy^2/dx^2. When it's actually d^2y/dx^2... Will I have lost an accuracy mark, as technically the notation of my second derivative was incorrect?
rapunzelsa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gyshmey nbofster)
I thought the paper was fairly generous. My one concern, is that when finding the second derivative in part d of the last question, I acciedently wrote dy^2/dx^2. When it's actually d^2y/dx^2... Will I have lost an accuracy mark, as technically the notation of my second derivative was incorrect?
Nope, they usually say "ignore incorrect use of notation", and that's probably not even noticeable
jayjay531
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how much for 100 ums?
urz13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XI Ki11JoY IX)
3tanx=2sinx

3sinx/cosx = 2sinx

3sinx = 2 sinxcosx

3/2 = cosx

not sure if 2 and the 3 are the other way round but whatever
Sinx(2-3cosx)
Sinx = o so x= 0 or -pi
Cosx= -2/3 so x = whatever that is, I think it was 2.3rad and -2.3rad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (666)
80.73%
Leave (159)
19.27%

Watched Threads