Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    For what course?! That's amazing! Have you already achieved the grades? All fantastic universities. I love York and Durham! Got an offer from Kings but dunno if I could afford it. My insurance will be Queens, my home uni. I wish i applied to Sheffield as an insurance. Oh well!
    History :P

I'm a second year transfer so my only condition is passing 1st year, which I did last year, so yes I'm probably going to pick KCL but still want offers from the others as well… now. Ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethRG)
    History :P

I'm a second year transfer so my only condition is passing 1st year, which I did last year, so yes I'm probably going to pick KCL but still want offers from the others as well… now. Ha.
    Cool!! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who went to the open day yesterday feel like York may not be the place for them?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering if anyone hasn't heard back for any Linguistics course? I'm getting a little annoyed that I haven't heard and open days are running this month, especially because I've decided on my firm and just want to get t over and done with now tbh

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for History at York! AAA! SO happy

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything back for biochemistry, yet? Been waiting since November and getting really anxious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethRG)
    Waiting for History from York too Guess they're just being extra slow for us.
    Got my offer for History tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rando)
    Anyone heard anything back for biochemistry, yet? Been waiting since November and getting really anxious.
    Same, but since the middle of October don't worry, they're just being slow for most I think

ReputationRep:
    York clearly want all their graduates to be the most patient in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    Got my offer for History tonight!
    Congratulations!!! Still waiting here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Don't say that in front of people who have applied to the Scottish unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    That was an epic joke.

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rando)
    (Original post by pwoperChloe)
    Same, but since the middle of October don't worry, they're just being slow for most I think
    I heard back from York for biochemistry in November... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pwoperChloe)
    (Original post by Rando)
    I applied in mid november and got my offer for biochem near the end of january. They are definitely taking their time about it, so don't worry, hope you get offers soon

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for Linguistics? I have an unconditional so I'll definitely be there in September.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Good luck with all your applications into York

Check out and join the link below - it provides UK university offer holders & applicants some great information on the lead up to freshers week!

So click 'JOIN' & make sure you share amongst your friends who are also going to uni this year!

facebook.com/events/742712939169549/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Don't say that in front of people who have applied to the Scottish unis
    I've 2 Scottish offers and I'm STILL waiting on York!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I've 2 Scottish offers and I'm STILL waiting on York!
    I have York and I'm still waiting for two Scottish unis, haha.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I have York and I'm still waiting for two Scottish unis, haha.
    I'm still waiting on a 3rd Scottish uni.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from York regarding genetics? I'm quite worried because people have been getting offers for biology but i haven't seen any for genetics
    :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.