Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results: Retake and Remark information - 21 August 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    Oh my god Aqa take forever!!! Anybody know when the remark deadline is for exam boards to have all the remarks in?
    It 30 days after you submitted your remark request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking Maths in Novemeber Edexcel Higher, does anyone know what topics may come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ok2)
    Oh right, ok, sorry. I read somewhere that it was sometime in November (I can't seem to find it again, but I read it somewhere on the AQA website). Don't worry about it, they do take a really long time, but you'll get it soon

I know it is really upsetting. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the mark . Some people have gone up by a significant amount, so I'm sure you'll be fine too
    thanks for the reassurance! I do only need 1 mark so if I do get it I think il instantly have forgotten the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    It 30 days after you submitted your remark request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right thanks! 15th October should be the absolute deadline then I guess.

ReputationRep:
    My Aqa history went up 3 UMS to an A*!! Definitely worth going for a remark, even though I was told that history remarks at our school had never gone up before!:-)

ReputationRep:
    I took my science GCSE a year early and was the only one in my school to do so as the rest dropped out.
    I really wasn't ready for exams and I just didn't prepare as well as I should have, it just felt like a mock really.

This year I've decided I want to do medicine and I need an A/A*. I got a B( one mark off an A) already sent for remarking.

Should I re-sit?
    If I re-sit and do worse, will I keep my worse grade?
    Help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    I took my science GCSE a year early and was the only one in my school to do so as the rest dropped out.
    I really wasn't ready for exams and I just didn't prepare as well as I should have, it just felt like a mock really.

This year I've decided I want to do medicine and I need an A/A*. I got a B( one mark off an A) already sent for remarking.

Should I re-sit?
    If I re-sit and do worse, will I keep my worse grade?
    Help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can resit, if you want. If you do worse, you will keep your best grade, and it's perfectly acceptable to say that you got the better grade. However, you do have to declare all certificated grades when you apply to university, so keep that in mind too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can resit, if you want. If you do worse, you will keep your best grade, and it's perfectly acceptable to say that you got the better grade. However, you do have to declare all certificated grades when you apply to university, so keep that in mind too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou, will they look upon GCSE resist negatively?! I thought it was A-level resits most rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, will they look upon GCSE resist negatively?! I thought it was A-level resits most rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't think so, especially if you did better. If you didn't perform better, then maybe.

And that is correct - A Level resits tend to be condemned more, in comparison to GCSE resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think so, especially if you did better. If you didn't perform better, then maybe.

And that is correct - A Level resits tend to be condemned more, in comparison to GCSE resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thankyou, my teacher said he's going to enter me in November/December to sit the exam In May :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My remark is FINALLY back after 5 weeks but I have to wait to tomorrow to find out if it changed, wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DustToDust)
    My remark is FINALLY back after 5 weeks but I have to wait to tomorrow to find out if it changed, wish me luck!
    Good luck, what did you need remarking&how many UMS were you off the next grade?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, what did you need remarking&how many UMS were you off the next grade?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! English lit and 1 ums off A*

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! English lit and 1 ums off A*
    Wow! Good luck:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Good luck:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Good news guys! My English lit remark went to an A*!

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATS!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATS!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    Omg Yes!!! Mines still on the way and that reassures me soooo much!! How much did your unit 2 go up by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    Omg Yes!!! Mines still on the way and that reassures me soooo much!! How much did your unit 2 go up by?
    It went up by 3 marks. Not much but I only needed one so I'm not complaining! Good luck! Hope you get the grade you want

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.