Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it really does...all this excitement is temporary not gonna get carried away I might not even get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarteeliax)
    Yeah it really does...all this excitement is temporary not gonna get carried away I might not even get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is why we have to hope for the best but expect the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you took btecs you probably wouldn't be as anxious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im an A levels student babe not BTEC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not be as anxious with btecs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obvious reasons. ..spoonfed and naturally easy! You don't need to memorize/write essays in timed conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be more untrue. If you knew what they were really like I bet you wouldn't be saying that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    Obvious reasons. ..spoonfed and naturally easy! You don't need to memorize/write essays in timed conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not a BTEC student but I do coursework for one of my subjects which is only 33% of my final grade and it can drive somebody to insanity
    Imagine coursework which is 100% of your final grade
    And also one of my friends has to do timed essay/coursework for his BTEC course
    So please don't say it's easy
    It may be easier but it's defo not easy
    And I'm pretty sure there will be some BTEC students doing you're exact course sitting in the same lectures as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboy007)
    I'm not a BTEC student but I do coursework for one of my subjects which is only 33% of my final grade and it can drive somebody to insanity
    Imagine coursework which is 100% of your final grade
    And also one of my friends has to do timed essay/coursework for his BTEC course
    So please don't say it's easy
    It may be easier but it's defo not easy
    And I'm pretty sure there will be some BTEC students doing you're exact course sitting in the same lectures as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was at University of Liverpool for my BA, and there was someone in halls who had done a BTEC before studying Psych and Sociology. They did very well indeed in their BTECS, but definitely struggled during the first two years of their degree course before they managed to keep up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianuam)
    I was at University of Liverpool for my BA, and there was someone in halls who had done a BTEC before studying Psych and Sociology. They did very well indeed in their BTECS, but definitely struggled during the first two years of their degree course before they managed to keep up.
    Exactly uni does have exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thinking of joining the UOTC next year? Looks really good 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is that UOTC? Elaborate pleas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering it. How hard is it to get in?

ReputationRep:
    What is that UOTC? Elaborate pleas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    University Officer Training Corps. Basically you're an officer cadet, paid when under their wing. You're given military training to develop skillsets (i.e leadership, fitness, problem solving), and there's the possibility to apply for enlistment as a 2nd lt after.

Lots of training, lots of socials, lots of stuff to count as 'leadership experience' if you don't want to join the army after a few years.

ReputationRep:
    **** that **** HAHAHAHAHAH ain't nobody got time for that on top of trying to ace a degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianuam)
    University Officer Training Corps. Basically you're an officer cadet, paid when under their wing. You're given military training to develop skillsets (i.e leadership, fitness, problem solving), and there's the possibility to apply for enlistment as a 2nd lt after.

Lots of training, lots of socials, lots of stuff to count as 'leadership experience' if you don't want to join the army after a few years.
    Yeah sounds great doesn't it! Im definitely going for it and seeing how it is. Im quite excited 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saralound)
    Yeah sounds great doesn't it! Im definitely going for it and seeing how it is. Im quite excited 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really hard to get into though I think I know the UAS is at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone applied for Biological Sciences (or any life science) or Ancient History? Or Combined Honours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Anyone applied for Biological Sciences (or any life science) or Ancient History? Or Combined Honours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for the MBiolSci

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    It's really hard to get into though I think I know the UAS is at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats the UAS?
    And difficult yeah but manageable i think if you're committed 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.