Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi - there was a mention about a study group in London for GAMSAT? I would be really interested in looking into this. Happy to set it up if that's helpful? (e.g. somewhere in central London as I live in Tooting) I think it would make it so much easier to study for it in a group - both for motivation and for bouncing ideas off other people. Any takers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bensbrussell85)
    Hi - there was a mention about a study group in London for GAMSAT? I would be really interested in looking into this. Happy to set it up if that's helpful? (e.g. somewhere in central London as I live in Tooting) I think it would make it so much easier to study for it in a group - both for motivation and for bouncing ideas off other people. Any takers?
    how often are you planning on doing this - I used to it at UCL but it can get quite noisy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francois)
    how often are you planning on doing this - I used to it at UCL but it can get quite noisy
    Not sure. I was thinking perhaps a group of max 4, perhaps aiming to meet once a week until September? But it also would be sensible to play it by ear and see if it's helping or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, thought I would post on here and join in! Im based in Birmingham but am also revising for GAMSAT and UKCAT this summer and applying to Nottingham, Warwick, Newcastle, St. Georges. Wondered whether anyone thought creating a Facebook revision group (like a small group) to revise for GAMSAT would be a good idea/would be interested to share tips and stuff online?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jordan. Also planning on taking the UKCAT and GAMSAT (if i flunk the ukcat) this summer. A facebook revision group would be a great idea, as i've never sat it before and don't really know what to expect! I'm sure there are others who would be up for it as well.

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy to start a revision page however I'm only going to start revision solidly if I get a poor UKCAT in July

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long are people planning to give themselves to study for the UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start now and I've booked for first week in July. Heard that 1-2 months is plenty and to be fair I'll quickly work through the books and run out of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did the UKCAT, didn't go so well, I feel I'll have a better chance with GAMSAT. I may do both, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es0phagus)
    Did the UKCAT, didn't go so well, I feel I'll have a better chance with GAMSAT. I may do both, though.
    Do both?
    Will you be applying for 2016 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria25)
    I'm going to start now and I've booked for first week in July. Heard that 1-2 months is plenty and to be fair I'll quickly work through the books and run out of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly this - have just started my prep and have the exam on 9th July

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    Do both?
    Will you be applying for 2016 entry?
    Oh, I meant I only did the UKCAT last year and this year I'll definitely be doing GAMSAT, but unsure about the UKCAT this time around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es0phagus)
    Oh, I meant I only did the UKCAT last year and this year I'll definitely be doing GAMSAT, but unsure about the UKCAT this time around.
    Have you started preparing for the GAMSAT?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Just got 58 in my Gamsat - 57, 63 and 56. Was hoping to apply to Sgul but obviously don't stand a chance with that grade. I've been thinking of getting a re-mark in the hope that my grade will go up and the boundaries will go down (I'm well aware that pigs will probably fly first.) But if this was to happen I would never forgive myself.

Has anyone ever heard of Gamsat re-marks actually changing people's grades?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samodude11)
    Hi everyone

Just got 58 in my Gamsat - 57, 63 and 56. Was hoping to apply to Sgul but obviously don't stand a chance with that grade. I've been thinking of getting a re-mark in the hope that my grade will go up and the boundaries will go down (I'm well aware that pigs will probably fly first.) But if this was to happen I would never forgive myself.

Thanks!
    If you dont mind me asking. How long did you spend revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Thanks!
    Not an actual answer to your question but I think you've got good enough grades for exeter and plymouth - check with them if you'd consider those unis? You dont have a bad mark keep your chin up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was my third attempt. I didn't revise that much to be honest. It's a lot about knowing the style of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gazoula)
    Not an actual answer to your question but I think you've got good enough grades for exeter and plymouth - check with them if you'd consider those unis? You dont have a bad mark keep your chin up x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have in my notes that Exeter was 63 and Plymouth was 65 last year. Could be wrong, but I don't think his/her score is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Thanks!
    You can ask for a re-mark of sections 1 and 3, however it's a computer that is marking your script and I highly doubt a mistake would have been made as there's no human error.

By all means go for it, but I think you're just wasting your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam__)
    I have in my notes that Exeter was 63 and Plymouth was 65 last year. Could be wrong, but I don't think his/her score is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am directly copy pasting Plymouth's answer to me this year:

Medicine GAMSAT Cut off
    Section 1 - 56
    Section 2 - 52
    Section 3 - 54
    Overall - 65

So again not sure since the overall 65 is mentioned ...

Exeter's mail had said minimum 59 overall - so you are right, may have just missed that one but definitely double check... Good luck with it all...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.