University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

Zo_Skay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!
I have my offer for Edinburgh and I firmed it (Very excited) but today I got a message on the University portal site asking for all my GCSE certificates. I was just wondering if anyone else got a message about sending GCSE certificate scans to the Uni?
I just thought it was quite strange and sudden to ask for them now.
chloetheunicorn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zo_Skay)
Hi!
I have my offer for Edinburgh and I firmed it (Very excited) but today I got a message on the University portal site asking for all my GCSE certificates. I was just wondering if anyone else got a message about sending GCSE certificate scans to the Uni?
I just thought it was quite strange and sudden to ask for them now.
i got that request a few weeks ago too!
Zo_Skay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chloetheunicorn)
i got that request a few weeks ago too!
Why are they asking for them? Do you know?
bit strange, huh?
chloetheunicorn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bit strange, huh?
i guess they just want proof haha maybe its like background check
Zo_Skay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chloetheunicorn)
i guess they just want proof haha maybe its like background check
Yeah I guess. I just need to find them now... haha.
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got it too...unfortunately my school didn't even issue one of mine and have lost it so I need to get it replaced myself or hassle the school until they do it for me!
nellybelly29
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by camilla_hallman)
Hey congrats!!! I'm doing International Relations too and I'm also from the US... are you by chance on our Facebook group?
I´m sorry I literally just saw this post! I´m in the facebook page but I haven´t been active in it at all I´m afraid. Whereabouts in the US are you from?
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bit strange, huh?
Because you might simply have made up your grades, so they want to check.
I am Ace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What happens if I cancel my offer for Halls after the week they've given me to cancel it? Am I still bound to the contract or is that just a threat they make?

Cheers
sammy.naton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Make sure you guys join the fb group. Hopefully someone can answer your questions on there facebook.com/groups/1549265588659238/
BronwenBernstein
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No one is probably watching this thread but I desperately need help. I forgot to send in my GCSE certificates to Edinburgh and the deadline was 31 July (I thought it was 31 August because I am clearly an idiot). Will they have revoked my application if I send them tomorrow morning (if I get a place)? Or am I just going to get an angry email?

Please help!!!
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BronwenBernstein)
No one is probably watching this thread but I desperately need help. I forgot to send in my GCSE certificates to Edinburgh and the deadline was 31 July (I thought it was 31 August because I am clearly an idiot). Will they have revoked my application if I send them tomorrow morning (if I get a place)? Or am I just going to get an angry email?

Please help!!!
I wasn't able to send in my certificates as I had to wait for a replacement to arrive. I only sent mine in last Friday after being given a 17th July deadline haha. They're pretty chill about when you send them in, as long as it's within 10 days of being given your unconditional/before the 31st of August.
BronwenBernstein
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Frank the Tankk)
I wasn't able to send in my certificates as I had to wait for a replacement to arrive. I only sent mine in last Friday after being given a 17th July deadline haha. They're pretty chill about when you send them in, as long as it's within 10 days of being given your unconditional/before the 31st of August.

Oh thank you so much! I will send them if I get in tomorrow! You are a life saver!! May God (if there is one) bless you xx
Amir Seth
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey guys,
so i've received my A-level results on August 13th, and i have fulfilled the conditions of offer made by edinburgh uni. However, it has been three days and i haven't received an unconditional offer yet. is the delay common or should i be concerned? i have sent them an email to make sure everything's okay, but so far, there has been no response. I'm quite worried. Anyone expecting their unconditional offers after receiving A-level results?
Jenko2809
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amir Seth)
hey guys,
so i've received my A-level results on August 13th, and i have fulfilled the conditions of offer made by edinburgh uni. However, it has been three days and i haven't received an unconditional offer yet. is the delay common or should i be concerned? i have sent them an email to make sure everything's okay, but so far, there has been no response. I'm quite worried. Anyone expecting their unconditional offers after receiving A-level results?
That's strange, I got my unconditional as soon as track updated on Thursday morning... I suppose it could just be an error, just try asking them I suppose. Hope you get it all sorted.
Amir Seth
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jenko2809)
That's strange, I got my unconditional as soon as track updated on Thursday morning... I suppose it could just be an error, just try asking them I suppose. Hope you get it all sorted.
Really? I hope so too, i've sent emails to UoE and i've sent a message to UCAS via facebook. Apparently they're 'busy' so i'll have to wait a while for their replies. But i'm feeling anxious, as i also have to submit my Visa application which will take a while to process. Worried i might arrive late to Edinburgh. :/ Anyways, thanks for your response!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads