Edexcel A2 C3 Mathematics 12th June 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tplox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone know a method to always be able to find the range and domain for any equation?
Never quite get them :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tplox)
Anyone know a method to always be able to find the range and domain for any equation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it varies depending on the question, there's no formulae or equation that works for all Maybe if you have specific questions you can put them up
arsenalfc97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it seems silly but the thing i find hardest in c3 is sketching inverse functions even though I know that it's a reflection in y=x and that when you do this the x and y co-ordinates of any point switch around. i just find it hard to visualise the reflection. Any tips for this?
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by arsenalfc97)
it seems silly but the thing i find hardest in c3 is sketching inverse functions even though I know that it's a reflection in y=x and that when you do this the x and y co-ordinates of any point switch around. i just find it hard to visualise the reflection. Any tips for this?
i find sketching the modulus graphs a bit hard and finding ranges of fg(x) ugh can someone tell me if there's a good way to find range of a function given the domain?
Coveted Ul
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm very confident for c3, I aiming for 100ums!
frozo123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
i find sketching the modulus graphs a bit hard and finding ranges of fg(x) ugh can someone tell me if there's a good way to find range of a function given the domain?
Find the range, usually plug in the smallest value of the domain into the equation, it'll give you the range
draw the graph as well it really helps!
what are you stuck on with modulus graphs? if it's mod the whole f(x) you delete below x, and reflect it
if it's mod of x in the f(x) function, you just delete the left of the y axis and reflect the right in the line x=0
lam12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do you guys control nerves? I have a lot of potential but in the exams for maths I always seem to underperform even though I've worked so hard, it's really frustrating, any tips please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
RK1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tplox)

Posted from TSR Mobile
A quick sketch of the graph could be helpful
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lam12)
How do you guys control nerves? I have a lot of potential but in the exams for maths I always seem to underperform even though I've worked so hard, it's really frustrating, any tips please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you prepare well, they cannot ask you a single question you don't know how to answer. Even if they ask you a 'weird' question its just matter of working out what bit of knowledge (which you have if you prepare well) they want you to apply. Reminding myself of this usually means I am pretty calm in maths exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156538.675370.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  170.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156549.695213.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  177.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156557.108391.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  171.4 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156566.524897.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  164.9 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156575.649041.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  155.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432156587.596768.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  152.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
lam12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samb1234)
If you prepare well, they cannot ask you a single question you don't know how to answer. Even if they ask you a 'weird' question its just matter of working out what bit of knowledge (which you have if you prepare well) they want you to apply. Reminding myself of this usually means I am pretty calm in maths exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you're in the exam what do you do if you don't know how to answer a question. I move a lot around the paper which I think is quite bad for me as it makes me more nervous but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My calculator has the ability to do numerical differentiation. I pick a value of x, work out what the output from my derivative that I have just worked out is for that value of x. I then type the original equation given in the question into my calculator, and tell it to work out the gradient for the same value of x. If both answers are the same, therefore my differentiation must be correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not allowed a calculator like that in your exam!!
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
You're not allowed a calculator like that in your exam!!
Yes you are. You can't have a calculator that does symbolic calculus but numerical is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krollo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes you are. You can't have a calculator that does symbolic calculus but numerical is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fx 991es?

Posted from TSR Mobile
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Krollo)
Fx 991es?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krollo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I must say it's absolutely brilliant. Summing series, dot product, matrix multiplication, integration, differentiation... The list goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I must say it's absolutely brilliant. Summing series, dot product, matrix multiplication, integration, differentiation... The list goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree its very good for checking answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gome44
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fx 991es?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a don of a calculator
RK1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lam12)
When you're in the exam what do you do if you don't know how to answer a question. I move a lot around the paper which I think is quite bad for me as it makes me more nervous but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here..
Elliemay97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys I'm really struggling with domain and range questions can anyone help me with the first one I have worked out the inverse function. But not sure how to do the domain and range. Thanks Name:  image.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  112.5 KB
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads