Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LutherVan)
    Oh, is that true?
    I don't know, is why I billed it 'my supposition'. It seems plausibly likely that a higher percentage of King's grads find employment in London than do Warwick grads. I'd be frankly astonished to find that it was otherwise.

So where do Warwick students prefer find work? The Silicon Valleys of Shrewsbury?
    you're aware that six sevenths of the population live and work outside London?

Mate, a higher percentage of KCL students get employed than Warwick students and on average get paid more, get over it.
    I don't doubt either circumstance as the case. As much as I'm wondering is what the read off is from this to the quality of the institution. There are variables to be allowed for and they should be if ours is a nuanced discussion and isn't punch and judy. One of these will be London salaries. Another, though, will be the fact that the single largest school at King's is the nursing school, which circumstance will bear positively on employment rates and perhaps negatively on starting salaries.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, is that true?

So where do Warwick students prefer find work? The Silicon Valleys of Shrewsbury?

Mate, a higher percentage of KCL students get employed than Warwick students and on average get paid more, get over it.
    There is one non-geographical factor. 21.8% of KCL leavers are classed as medical, dentistry or veterinary leavers. That is the highest proportion apart from Imperial, RVC and St George's. The equivalent figure for Warwick is 5.7%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester
    cam
    ox
    lse
    ic
    ucl
    kcl
    edin
    warwick
    bristollllll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I don't know, is why I billed it 'my supposition'. It seems plausibly likely that a higher percentage of King's grads find employment in London than do Warwick grads. I'd be frankly astonished to find that it was otherwise.

you're aware that six sevenths of the population live and work outside London?
    This is a pointless statistic.

What would be more interesting is the proportion of graduate level jobs located outside London.

(Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I don't doubt either circumstance as the case. As much as I'm wondering is what the read off is from this to the quality of the institution. There are variables to be allowed for and they should be if ours is a nuanced discussion and isn't punch and judy. One of these will be London salaries. Another, though, will be the fact that the single largest school at King's is the nursing school, which circumstance will bear positively on employment rates and perhaps negatively on starting salaries.
    You forgot that STEM students on average make more money. And Warwick is more prominent in that area.

Yes, the nurses should actually be a negative drag on KCL's average salary, like they are on its average entry grades since they require lower entry grades and make up a majority of the university.

ReputationRep:

Yes, the nurses should actually be a negative drag on KCL's average salary, like they are on its average entry grades since they require lower entry grades and make up a majority of the university.
    Relatively high starting salary, no unpaid internships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    There is one non-geographical factor. 21.8% of KCL leavers are classed as medical, dentistry or veterinary leavers. That is the highest proportion apart from Imperial, RVC and St George's. The equivalent figure for Warwick is 5.7%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you get the data from?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get the data from?
    https://www.hesa.ac.uk/dox/performan.../e1a_1213.xlsx

ReputationRep:
    Relatively high starting salary, no unpaid internships.
    I am sure unpaid internships are not part of the list of "graduate-level" jobs in the statistics.

The Nursing starting salary is £21,388. The average graduate training scheme salary is £26,500.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morrisseya)
    Obviously it varies by subject. But, in your opinion, what are the top 10 universities in the UK, overall? (Re: prestige/job prospects/everything).
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    LSE
    UCL
    Durham
    Imperial College
    St Andrews
    Edinburgh
    Bristol
    Exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianming.ma)
    Manchester
    cam
    ox
    lse
    ic
    ucl
    kcl
    edin
    warwick
    bristollllll

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exact same list I contributed.:borat:

ReputationRep:
    I am sure unpaid internships are not part of the list of "graduate-level" jobs in the statistics.

The Nursing starting salary is £21,388. The average graduate training scheme salary is £26,500.
    It is above (national) median.

https://www.hesa.ac.uk/images/storie...3_table_K.xlsx

ReputationRep:

I think this includes graduates with all kinds of jobs, not graduates in only graduate-level jobs.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, that'd be:
    The University of Cambridge
    The University of Oxford
    Imperial College London
    University College London (UCL)
    London's School of Economics & Political Science (LSE)
    The University of Edinburgh
    King's London
    The University of St. Andrews
    The University of Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    For Chemistry:

1/Cambridge
    2/Oxford
    3/Bristol

ReputationRep:

I think the important fact revealed there is that studying part makes your salary significantly higher... it must be more prestigious

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you explain why KCL is not superior?

How?
    It's a waste of time because you obviously don't listen to what people on here tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Hows Brighton and SOAS as universities? I've chosen geography with evs for undergrad. I wanted to know out of SOAS and Durham, which is better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Roxas)
    It's a waste of time because you obviously don't listen to what people on here tell you.
    A waste of time or you don't have anything logical to say because all the stats state the obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vsaraogi)
    Hows Brighton and SOAS as universities? I've chosen geography with evs for undergrad. I wanted to know out of SOAS and Durham, which is better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Durham is the best out of the lot. Followed by SOAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Anyone have any advise on whether Leeds or Birmingham is better for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.