Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha that's crazy, which course? I wouldn't let my friend apply to Christ's too...
    Veterinary medicine it's even worse considering John's only take on 4 vets each year (and I'm pretty sure one's already taken from deferred entry)! It'll be pretty awkward if we don't both get in haha lol that's probably a good idea xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watchthe)
    They'll be sending them out on the 9th so when do you think we'll receive our letter? (I live in England ) do you think it'll be the 10th?
    Should be the 10th. They're posted first class, of which about ~93% are delivered next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Should be the 10th. They're posted first class, of which about ~93% are delivered next day.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowyGreyWolf)
    A friend also applying to Jesus told me they do (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did your friend happen to mention when they email?

ReputationRep:
    Two chemistry teachers had a bet about me. Rather disconcerting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinDy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What one said yes other said no? That's hilarious.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek: what was their bet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaia)
    Did your friend happen to mention when they email?
    She just said 10th but doesn't know the time - sorry! :/

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently the headmaster and some teachers made bets as to how many of us Oxbridge applicants get interviews and subsequently offers...
    I know the headmaster bet 5/5 interviews and 3/5 or 2/5 (I don't remember which) offers but he refused to say who he was betting against O_o in any case this year is a record number for our school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowyGreyWolf)
    She just said 10th but doesn't know the time - sorry! :/
    Thanks a ton, I feel calmer now... All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Its an actual royal mailed letter. Written on paper with ink and everything.

#oldskool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm praying its delivered by owl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What one said yes other said no? That's hilarious.
    Wasn't even Cambridge related! That's the pastoral care teachers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatacrydonnie)
    :eek: what was their bet?
    One bet that my chemistry investigation wouldn't be complete and the other bet that I would hand my first draft in today. The latter won and now owes the former a cuppa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Apparently the headmaster and some teachers made bets as to how many of us Oxbridge applicants get interviews and subsequently offers...
    I know the headmaster bet 5/5 interviews and 3/5 or 2/5 (I don't remember which) offers but he refused to say who he was betting against O_o in any case this year is a record number for our school

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The record for my school is one person and one interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    I know it's too late now but couldn't you have sat an essay subject this year (at least AS)?

Yeah I've only heard good things about UCL too. I guess I'll just have start liking electricity and waves more since that's pretty much what the course focuses on (I applied to biomedical engineering at UCL and biomaterials elsewhere which is more biology/chemistry oriented) and the way I see things chances are that I'll end up going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have done either an essay AS or done the chemistry A2 (already have AS) but plans for gap year mean I wont be in country for summer exams.

How flexible is the course in later years? Would you be able more chem and bio things later on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaia)
    Thanks a ton, I feel calmer now... All the best!
    And to you!! (: (: (:

ReputationRep:
    The record for my school is one person and one interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's probably the same for mine (at least in the last 5 years - I don't know about the rest). But to be fair we are a small school, we only have about 100 pupils in sixth form (AS and A2, so 50 and 50)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jay Smith)
    I'm praying its delivered by owl.
    Don't be daft. That's Oxford.
    Cambridge uses griffins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy to think the admissions tutors have most likely already made their minds up about our futures... ! Good luck everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I know, but we've got just enough money so that I no longer qualify for the bursary but not enough so that my parents can give me anything substantial. So there's still something like £70k of debt minimum. Which obviously I'll just have to deal with like everyone else, it's just depressing knowing that the debt will still be there when I'm 50.
    It's the cheapest debt you'll ever have to pay in your life and it gets wiped off after a certain point, plus you didn't include any living expenses at Cambridge

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.