Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am quite disappointed. I applied at LSE for PPE on January 5th and after 11 days I got my rejection letter arguing that my PS did not reflect interest in the course. I can perfectly understand that my PS was not a masterpiece, but how can they properly asses my application without even taking in consideration other factors, besides that piece of writing that everybody is required to do.

At least King's and UCL had the dignity to ask for my predicated grades and last report card, that they regarded as necessary in order to "properly asses my application". Have not heard back yet though.

P.S. I am an Int. Student so I do not know if this factor might have influenced their decision as well.

Who else has applied for PPE either at King's or UCL? Did you get your offers? I am really worried, the UK is my first Uni choice and being rejected by them too would be an hard stab to overcome.

Thanks for hearing me out, I look forward your responses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bostom)
    I am quite disappointed. I applied at LSE for PPE on January 5th and after 11 days I got my rejection letter arguing that my PS did not reflect interest in the course. I can perfectly understand that my PS was not a masterpiece, but how can they properly asses my application without even taking in consideration other factors, besides that piece of writing that everybody is required to do.

At least King's and UCL had the dignity to ask for my predicated grades and last report card, that they regarded as necessary in order to "properly asses my application". Have not heard back yet though.

P.S. I am an Int. Student so I do not know if this factor might have influenced their decision as well.

Who else has applied for PPE either at King's or UCL? Did you get your offers? I am really worried, the UK is my first Uni choice and being rejected by them too would be an hard stab to overcome.

I also applied to LSE, UCL, and King's for PPE haha. I'm international, so my qualifications were made with APs, though I also do IB as well now. I applied back in mid-October, got an unconditional offer for King's week before Christmas, n waiting on LSE and UCL (who asked for IB predicted scores from my reference even though all my qualifications were made with AP). Hopefully we both hear back soon bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bostom)

(Original post by leehs2015)
    I also applied to LSE, UCL, and King's for PPE haha. I'm international, so my qualifications were made with APs, though I also do IB as well now. I applied back in mid-October, got an unconditional offer for King's week before Christmas, n waiting on LSE and UCL (who asked for IB predicted scores from my reference even though all my qualifications were made with AP). Hopefully we both hear back soon bro.
    I also applied to KCL, UCL, and LSE. Didn't apply for PPE in regards to LSE though. Out of the three, LSE was the first to reply back to me, around early December. (I applied early October) KCL replied a week later. I'm international and my qualifications were ONLY AP's.

I can understand why LSE places so much importance on the Personal Statement. While Oxbridge applicants are limited to either Oxford or Cambridge, freeing up the admissions process so it can examine other factors, LSE seems to be inundated with applications from both Oxford and Cambridge student wannabes. Oddly, UCL nor KCL seem to have that, so I assume that they'll look at your PS, but it's not the end all.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else's Portico remaining unchanged? Seems strange that we've had such a lul in applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Anyone else's Portico remaining unchanged? Seems strange that we've had such a lul in applications!
    everything unchanged... Indeed strange! Two weeks without any news, given the fact that some offers/rejections were given out right the first week after the official deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Mine's still unchanged too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Mine's still unchanged too.
    Yup the phrase 'application received' is really starting to annoy me haha 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooftar)
    Yup the phrase 'application received' is really starting to annoy me haha ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.