Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Nice!
    It was very "Nice" of them! ;P

    Same to you of course congrats and all, hope you enjoy the course.

    Just wondering, if you're an elcor, how have you developed the ability to convey feeling in your communication and relieve yourself of the need to prefix it with the intended emotion?
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorsas)
    It was very "Nice" of them! ;P

    Same to you of course congrats and all, hope you enjoy the course.

    Just wondering, if you're an elcor, how have you developed the ability to convey feeling in your communication and relieve yourself of the need to prefix it with the intended emotion?
    Explanatory: The main issue arises in verbal communication. The Human brain creates its own tone and intonation when reading text on the Internet, so the prefix is superfluous.

    Excitedly: If you see a smashed Elcor on Freshers' week, come and say hi!
    • Section Leader
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Chemicalengineer)
    Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences
    Homerton
    :3 oh em gee
    Congratulations - how did you hear about it? email?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya_fooks)
    Still hunting for other people doing PBS, anyone on this thread?

    Me! Offer from Emma, A*AA!
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Explanatory: The main issue arises in verbal communication. The Human brain creates its own tone and intonation when reading text on the Internet, so the prefix is superfluous.

    Excitedly: If you see a smashed Elcor on Freshers' week, come and say hi!
    Hahah, perfect.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Congratulations - how did you hear about it? email?
    requested email
    • Section Leader
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Chemicalengineer)
    requested email
    Cool - I've amended my spreadsheet accordingly.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    College: Downing (pooled)
    Course: Biological Natural Sciences
    Conditions: A*A*A (I assume)
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Offer from King's College, Cambridge :O
    Subject: Law
    Offer: Conditional on 40 IB points, with 766 at Higher level
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    It's unreal that I can post here!
    Mathematics at King's
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    English at Downing. Unconditional


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    Pembroke offer holders, join this group (don't worry, not compulsory)!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/499147136890096


    (Original post by Jasey)
    x
    (Original post by Necrosyrtes)
    x
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    x
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I feel sad because no-one has made a Murray Edwards offer holders Facebook group because like only 10% of people actually apply direct to there and the other 90% get pooled so it's sort of like meh all girls college, but that might just be me haha. I would make the group myself, but I somehow feel like it'll jinx it so like then awkward if I don't get the grades...
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak24)
    I feel sad because no-one has made a Murray Edwards offer holders Facebook group because like only 10% of people actually apply direct to there and the other 90% get pooled so it's sort of like meh all girls college, but that might just be me haha. I would make the group myself, but I somehow feel like it'll jinx it so like then awkward if I don't get the grades...
    I was thinking the same thing!!! Please make a group. I will gladly join


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I think it might be a personal thing that i find making friends with guys so much easier and more genuine than with girls, so if you're gonna be in Fitz or Churchill hit me up haha
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Pembroke offer holders, join this group (don't worry, not compulsory)!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4991...5&notif_t=like
    Don't have facebook :/
    Besides, if I did, my friends would all probably blast me for joining a Cambridge group (you can't hide your groups, right?) :laugh:

    Thanks for the invite though.
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1www1)
    I was thinking the same thing!!! Please make a group. I will gladly join


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha idk but if i do make the group I'll post about it on here. I wanna get out of this sulky mood that I have after being pooled like it's so stupid because it's like still incredible to have an offer at all but yeah I just got so set on the college I applied to and I researched it so much and thought/think it's absolutely perfect, also I guess it's because i've been in a girls only school nearly all my life so it's like seriously AGAIN hahahaha
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:
    Start consistent work on revision a couple weeks before Easter, and you'll probably be 100% fine. Probably overkill, but it could be worth getting used to overkill, as Cambridge will be hard.

    I know I'm gonna suck on my mocks, as I've done no revision at all really, but for the real ones, I'm aiming to do loads (not usually my style, but I want to get used to it).
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Been pooled to Clare College to Bio Natural Sciences I know nothing about the college but I'm on the look out for other Clare's bio Nat scis
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.