Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael.86)
    Is it possible for carlson or whit to come up?!
    I wouldnt know what to say if they did come up! Aghh help <3
    Anything could come up really, but I doubt they will, because they're not that significant to the story/themes in the story. It would be hard to get good answers out of people form Wit Or Carlson - they'll probably ask something easier, like about Curley or another main character or theme in the book.

Good luck, though!

ReputationRep:
    Also has anyone seen Mr bruffs video? He said that u have to say why priestly presents a character in this way and link it back to the theme but I am a bit lost here ! So if there is a question like hOw does priestly present Arthur birling do you say stuff like he is presented as arrogant and priestley does this to show how wrong capitalism is ? I don't know if I am supposed to focus on the question which asks how he is presented or why he is presented this way ?? Thank u help help !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_hussain15)
    can someone please tell me if candy has come up before?
    Yes

(Original post by marshamallow)
    Yes
    in which paper did he come up in?
    if its in the jan papers then im sure it doesnt count. pls help lol

ReputationRep:
    Surely they wont do Curley, isn't it a bit too predictable? Everyone thought it'd be him last year. My teacher said it'll be Candy, I'm going to do some last minute revision on him.

(Original post by Rtdsv)
    Surely they wont do Curley, isn't it a bit too predictable? Everyone thought it'd be him last year. My teacher said it'll be Candy, I'm going to do some last minute revision on him.
    I have a feeling its him too or crooks.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure Crooks came up before, but to be honest he's such an easy character to talk about. Ideal scenario is Curley for part a and violence for part b but lmao thats not going to happen knowing AQA

ReputationRep:
    Need some help, i'm having trouble actually analysing my quotes. I use quotes quite often to back up my arguments but I keep getting marked down because i'm not analysing them, i don't understand how to especially when they don't contain any devices? D:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Mr.Pip & The crucible & relationships? I want to prepare for the exam but I have no idea what's coming up any ideas? Thanx guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    Anything could come up really, but I doubt they will, because they're not that significant to the story/themes in the story. It would be hard to get good answers out of people form Wit Or Carlson - they'll probably ask something easier, like about Curley or another main character or theme in the book.

Good luck, though!
    THANK YOU!! I've got a strong feeling that curley's wife will come up again as it isn't too predictable and also lonliness for B as that hasn't come up yet :crossedf:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO <3 (If your doing it!)

ReputationRep:
    what would you say about curley if he comes up? I am confident about AIC, knowing Mr Birling, Sheila, Gerald really well. My teacher said you'd be stupid to choose a theme, whatever it is!

ReputationRep:
    eh curley is way too predictable uno... knowing AQA they'll do some random thing
    Carlsons a side tf can you say about him
    I think IC will be mr birling.. praying it is :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    How can you analyse Gerald's first description?
    "Gerald Croft is an attractive chap about thirty, rather too manly to be a dandy but very much the easy well-bred young man-about-town"

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many points/paragraphs to make for both sections?

Sorry if this has been asked before! >.<

ReputationRep:
    Final tips for kindertransport?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by osnapitzkimmy)
    Need some help, i'm having trouble actually analysing my quotes. I use quotes quite often to back up my arguments but I keep getting marked down because i'm not analysing them, i don't understand how to especially when they don't contain any devices? D:
    Look at specific words and explain them. Just write all the BS that comes to your mind literally ...for e.g in AIC

" taught it in fire and blood and anguish"

the word blood has been use as it holds connotations of pain and suffering.This shows that....
    list of 3 used to add dramatics and emphasis the fact that...
    fire and blood and anguish reminds one of the war and the pain. author does this to force audience to reflect on past pain in the wars...
    fire and blood and anguish could also mean punishment in hell.
    thought of the in 30 sec^^
    Make a LOT out of a LITTLE.
    Don't re-tell the quote talk about the purpose behind it .
    Im a D grade student if i can do as little as this im sure you can too.
    gl xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael.86)
    THANK YOU!! I've got a strong feeling that curley's wife will come up again as it isn't too predictable and also lonliness for B as that hasn't come up yet :crossedf:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO <3 (If your doing it!)
    Curleys wife would be good, or Crooks - easy to write on context for them (how women/black people were treated in America in 1930.) Loneliness could be a good one too - you can link it to so many characters. Lets hope it comes up :P

Thanks! This is the exam I'm most scared for, I'm scared I'll run out of time! But I'm sure it'll be fine :P

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=osnapitzkimmy;55904917]

Say what the overall quote means and then pick one word or two from the quote and give some alternative interpretations of what those few words might convey.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how much to actually write for part (b)?

ReputationRep:
    For AIC how would you choose the question? It's usually one about a theme or the other about a character. I feel that theme would be easier because you can explore everyone but a lot of people say the character question is better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.