Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conrad_671)
    Cool! what A levels do you do..?
    Class Civ, Sociology and Eng Lit plus an EPQ!
    I did my History A-level early which is why it's not in the list :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instn)
    Class Civ, Sociology and Eng Lit plus an EPQ!
    I did my History A-level early which is why it's not in the list :laugh:
    Early?! I couldn't have done that..! how did you do..?

ReputationRep:
    Early?! I couldn't have done that..! how did you do..?
    In history? A*!! ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    Great minds think alike. Bristol, Southampton, Loughborough and East Anglia. Safe to say I don't mind which part of the UK I go to. You?
    I've applied to Bristol, Bath, Exeter (for maths), and Warwick (for MORSE, not maths, I'm not planning on sitting a STEP :/) Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instn)
    In history? A*!! ))
    jeeeeeeeeez well done

ReputationRep:
    jeeeeeeeeez well done
    Thank you x !! Hopefully we get offers....soon...though I doubt we'll hear before January judging from that acknowledgement email. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Yep! I've got an offer from Durham for Psychology on Wednesday! I wanted to get into Hatfield, but was put down for random allocation for Feb! What did you apply? x
    Well done!!! You must be thrilled When did you apply?

All college allocations begin in February, no one will be allocated a college before then. Your application will automatically be considered by Hatfield first (assuming you entered it on your application) and then if they don't have room for you, you will be allocated another college. So don't worry, you haven't been put down for random allocation if you put Hatfield down on your application. Of course, if you DID put no preference for college on your UCAS form then you will be randomly allocated.

See the relevant sections of the Durham aknowledgement email:

"2. If the department decides you are to receive an offer, details of this will be communicated through UCAS. If, sadly, we are unable to make you an offer, this outcome will also be communicated through UCAS. If you do receive an offer through UCAS, your campus code, that is the code for your college preference, will change to Z to show that your college allocation is pending. Please note that you will not be able to change your college preference from this point onwards except in exceptional circumstances.

3. The first round of college allocations for applicants who have received an academic offer by 1st February will take place by 1st March and then regularly after this date for applicants who receive an academic offer after 1st February. At this point, should the date not have already passed, you will also be invited to an Post-Offer Visit Day. Information about our Post-Offer Visit Days (including the dates once these are published) can be found on our website here: [/b]

If your department decides that you are to receive an offer, your application is automatically considered for your preferred college. All colleges have a limited number of offers they can make to applicants from each department. Where an applicant has expressed a preference for a college and the college has space then the applicant will be offered a place there. If the number of applicants with departmental offers expressing a preference for a college exceeds the space available then the allocation will be a blind selection of those applicants. This inevitably means that some applicants cannot be placed at their preferred college. If this happens we guarantee to find you a place at a different college."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTWNGCBC)
    Well done!!! You must be thrilled When did you apply?

All college allocations begin in February, no one will be allocated a college before then. Your application will automatically be considered by Hatfield first (assuming you entered it on your application) and then if they don't have room for you, you will be allocated another college. So don't worry, you haven't been put down for random allocation if you put Hatfield down on your application. Of course, if you DID put no preference for college on your UCAS form then you will be randomly allocated.

See the relevant sections of the Durham aknowledgement email:

"2. If the department decides you are to receive an offer, details of this will be communicated through UCAS. If, sadly, we are unable to make you an offer, this outcome will also be communicated through UCAS. If you do receive an offer through UCAS, your campus code, that is the code for your college preference, will change to Z to show that your college allocation is pending. Please note that you will not be able to change your college preference from this point onwards except in exceptional circumstances.

3. The first round of college allocations for applicants who have received an academic offer by 1st February will take place by 1st March and then regularly after this date for applicants who receive an academic offer after 1st February. At this point, should the date not have already passed, you will also be invited to an Post-Offer Visit Day. Information about our Post-Offer Visit Days (including the dates once these are published) can be found on our website here: [/b]

If your department decides that you are to receive an offer, your application is automatically considered for your preferred college. All colleges have a limited number of offers they can make to applicants from each department. Where an applicant has expressed a preference for a college and the college has space then the applicant will be offered a place there. If the number of applicants with departmental offers expressing a preference for a college exceeds the space available then the allocation will be a blind selection of those applicants. This inevitably means that some applicants cannot be placed at their preferred college. If this happens we guarantee to find you a place at a different college."
    Thank you so much!! I'm very very very excited because Durham is one of my top choices! I have put Hatfield down on my UCAS form, and yes I just hope that the college wants me xD what about you? What subject are you applying for and which college did you pick? X

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! I'm very very very excited because Durham is one of my top choices! I have put Hatfield down on my UCAS form, and yes I just hope that the college wants me xD what about you? What subject are you applying for and which college did you pick? X
    Either Durham or Birmingham is my favourite choice but I can't decide between them yet.

I hope Hatfield want you too! I know that's meant to be one of the more difficult ones to get in to. I applied for Philosophy at University College. I fell in love with how gorgeous Castle is and no one bothered to tell me until AFTER I submitted my application that only 1 in 20 applicants get in I didn't even know that some colleges were harder to get into than others before I looked on here although I suppose it's common sense really...

So yeah I'm very unlikely to get into University College but I can dream. At the moment I'm more worried about whether I'll get any offer at all haha X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTWNGCBC)
    Either Durham or Birmingham is my favourite choice but I can't decide between them yet.

I hope Hatfield want you too! I know that's meant to be one of the more difficult ones to get in to. I applied for Philosophy at University College. I fell in love with how gorgeous Castle is and no one bothered to tell me until AFTER I submitted my application that only 1 in 20 applicants get in I didn't even know that some colleges were harder to get into than others before I looked on here although I suppose it's common sense really...

So yeah I'm very unlikely to get into University College but I can dream. At the moment I'm more worried about whether I'll get any offer at all haha X
    I'm sure you will get in! Offers should be coming soon!
    Good luck, hope to see you

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will get in! Offers should be coming soon!
    Good luck, hope to see you
    You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorPants62)
    I've applied to Bristol, Bath, Exeter (for maths), and Warwick (for MORSE, not maths, I'm not planning on sitting a STEP :/) Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I've not applied yet, just waiting on references back from my school. You had any? Guessing you've already applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    Oh I've not applied yet, just waiting on references back from my school. You had any? Guessing you've already applied.
    No offers yet but I applied just over a week ago. Hoping I get a couple by Christmas. Best of luck when you send yours off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I've got an offer from Durham for Psychology on Wednesday! I wanted to get into Hatfield, but was put down for random allocation for Feb! What did you apply? x
    I'm applying for the same course, can I ask when you applied? Hoping you applied before me and that's why I've heard nothing aha

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    I'm applying for the same course, can I ask when you applied? Hoping you applied before me and that's why I've heard nothing aha

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied 2 weeks ago, and got an offer a week later! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I applied 2 weeks ago, and got an offer a week later! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Law.
    IGCSEs: 4A*s, 1A, 2B, 1C
    My predicted grades are A*AAA in Maths, English Lang, History, and Geography respectively.
    I haven't done my as yet :/ I'm doing it with my a2 in may-june.
    Do you think the fact that my igcses aren't great and i haven't got any as results to negate them will affect my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    I'm applying for Law.
    IGCSEs: 4A*s, 1A, 2B, 1C
    My predicted grades are A*AAA in Maths, English Lang, History, and Geography respectively.
    I haven't done my as yet :/ I'm doing it with my a2 in may-june.
    Do you think the fact that my igcses aren't great and i haven't got any as results to negate them will affect my chances?
    How come you haven't done your ASs yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received biosciences offers yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    How come you haven't done your ASs yet?
    It was my school's decision. You get to choose whether you want to do them separately or together

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.