Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutE)
    Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
    Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in the same position as you and i have economics on monday too. If you manage to g through most of it and do at least 2 past papers today i'm sure you can get an A in the exam. An A is around 70-5% so it shouldn't be too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I have a strong feeling that it will be on one of the memory models or age EWT
    Me as well xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who finds Attachment SO CONFUSING?

I´ve been memorising the essays since yesterday and always mix up the studies and the evaluative points. I feel like I´ve been doing nothing cant just crack them.

Anyone has any tips on how can i crack them?

ReputationRep:
    Ill be SOOOOO HAPPY if it comes on memory but i don´t know they had it last year and I just feel this year gonna be harder therefore attachment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I have a strong feeling that it will be on one of the memory models or age EWT
    Ughhh I hope it's not age. I found anxiety so much easier idk why

ReputationRep:
    Is tomorrow enough to cover memory improvement and daycare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Is tomorrow enough to cover memory improvement and daycare?
    Yeah should be fine, a 12 marker has never come up on memory improvement (arguably there isn't enough material on it) so its a small topic tbh, maximum of 6 marls

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got evaluation of the cognitive interview?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone feeling ready for the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    Yeah should be fine, a 12 marker has never come up on memory improvement (arguably there isn't enough material on it) so its a small topic tbh, maximum of 6 marls
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Doing an all nighter , which is probably not a good idea but i only ever do them when its important , and i seem to be able to concentrate so much better at night when it's quite and there is less distractions

ReputationRep:
    Fisher et al trained detectives in miami to use cognitive interview, he compared results between cognitive interviews and normal interviews by the officers and found the cognitive interview was more accurate as people remember more however officers found the cognitive interview look a long amount of time. One other disadvantage is that the cognitive interview is difficult with children. This is because when gieselmen et al did it with children they struggled to understand what he meant. Therefore it cannot be used on everyone. This is all I have

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the PSYA1 exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    can someone outline bowlbys theory that would get 6/6 please for a01
    In order to outline this I would definitely try remembering 6 very important words:

1) Innate
    2) Sensitive period
    3) Social releasers
    4) Secure base
    5) Monotropy
    6) Internal working model/continuity hypothesis

Elaborate on these for A01 and you're guaranteed the marks!

ReputationRep:
    40% increase in the amount if information witnesses provided
    90% of information which could be verified was accurate
    Changed perspective leads to speculation

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me the basic ideas (Ao1 points) I need for PSY2 psychodynamic explanation of abnormality? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    A good way to remember it is to use the acronym ascmi so adaptive social releasers etc and really simple brief sentences for each one should bag full 6 marks

ReputationRep:
    If a 12 mark question comes up on daycare do you think if I write about the positive and negative effects of social development and then just back those points up with studies would that work to get close to 12 marks? I mean if there is enough detail that is? What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah117)
    Could someone tell me the basic ideas (Ao1 points) I need for PSY2 psychodynamic explanation of abnormality? Thanks
    Id represents selfish desires and pleasure while the Super Ego makes us question our decisions and makes us feel guilt. The ego tries to balance the two. Freud basically says that abnormality occurs due to unconscious conflict.

Abnormality can occur because of the ego of a person being too weak to balance out the Id and Super Ego. If the Id is dominant then a person may engage in immoral behaviour and have an anti social disorder. If the Super Ego is dominant one may have an anxiety or phobia.

Abnormality can also occur because of repressed memories or childhood conflicts which re-emerge later in life. Some events can be too painful for a child to handle and so a child may repress this memory. This could surface again if a person is reminded about the event or triggered and it could lead to depression.

Another way abnormality can occur is through the over use of defence mechanisms such as denial. Use of defence mechanisms are normal but if they are overused they can cause abnormality as it's not normal to constantly avoid issues.

I'm just writing this off the top of my head so I've probably missed out some stuff, might want to check with others to confirm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Id represents selfish desires and pleasure while the Super Ego makes us question our decisions and makes us feel guilt. The ego tries to balance the two. Freud basically says that abnormality occurs due to unconscious conflict.

Abnormality can occur because of the ego of a person being too weak to balance out the Id and Super Ego. If the Id is dominant then a person may engage in immoral behaviour and have an anti social disorder. If the Super Ego is dominant one may have an anxiety or phobia.

Abnormality can also occur because of repressed memories or childhood conflicts which re-emerge later in life. Some events can be too painful for a child to handle and so a child may repress this memory. This could surface again if a person is reminded about the event or triggered and it could lead to depression.

Another way abnormality can occur is through the over use of defence mechanisms such as denial. Use of defence mechanisms are normal but if they are overused they can cause abnormality as it's not normal to constantly avoid issues.

I'm just writing this off the top of my head so I've probably missed out some stuff, might want to check with others to confirm.
    Thank you!! Do we need to know any supporting evidence/related studies?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.