The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbyturtlexox
no it was; the energy of the photons produced when a proton and antiproton collide , or something like that

that's what i put, i think it was B
Let's make an unofficial mark scheme all together by editing this google document!!

+ Write down the question if you can remember it
+ If you see an answer you agree , add [+1] behind it
+ If you have a different answer, write it below the old one
+ If you can't remember the number of the question, put it in the "unclassified question"
Original post by Eeeeeeee
I thought kinetic energy isn't conserved because chemical energy is transferred to kinetic energy?

Total energy is conserved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manglekuo
let's make an unofficial mark scheme all together by editing this google document!!

+ write down the question if you can remember it
+ if you see an answer you agree , add [+1] behind it
+ if you have a different answer, write it below the old one
+ if you can't remember the number of the question, put it in the "unclassified question"

you are so awesome
Q12 june 13 (R) was very similar to the question on 6 mark Q on the probe in space.
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYcHRSNUJpeFpqNXM/June%202013%20(R)%20MS%20-%20Unit%204%20Edexcel%20Physics.pdf
Original post by Nick.p97
kinetic energy in the system increases but total energy is conserved

Will I lose a mark for not saying that total energy is conserved?
I did put that kinetic energy is not conserved
Original post by Sayersss
I got 4.4s for RC (losing 67% of charge) and 1.1s for losing half the energy

Hence losing half the energy takes less time

dont think so... show method for the 1.1s pleaseusing 0.5Wi=1/2Q^2/C and Wi=1/2Qi^2/C, Qi^2=2Q1^2sqrt both sides; Qi=sqrt2Qhence half energy is reached by the time Q=Qi/sqrt2, so time taken to reach half energy is soner...to check this input 1/2Qi into the equation for energy, youll find at q=1/2Qi energy is 0.25 its initial
Poll on difficulty:http://strawpoll.me/4601250
IMG-20150611-WA0007.jpg
Attachment not found
this question from the jun 13(R) paper was very similar to the 6 mark space probe question
(edited 8 years ago)
Why would there be chemical energy- the tanks were empty? :s-smilie: I thought the explosion was just mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Why would there be chemical energy- the tanks were empty? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it said tank, singular, I think, and an explosion needs fuel so it had to come from somewhere. I thought of both these points and decided to respond that there was an increase.

Btw, you are a boss for posting that MS
Why would there be chemical energy- the tanks were empty? I thought the explosion was just mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile

thought the same thing, i guess maybe the chemical energy used to propel it outward, regardless thats 2 marks lost max wouldnt worry
Why would there be chemical energy- the tanks were empty? :s-smilie: I thought the explosion was just mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking this :/
For the capacitor q, I said that since W=½QV , if the charge halves then the energy stored is divided by 4. So the energy must halve before the charge halves . is that correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nick.p97
kg^-1 m^-3 s^4 A^2 i think

surely it's only s^2?
Reply 496
Original post by MangleKuo
Let's make an unofficial mark scheme all together by editing this google document!!

+ Write down the question if you can remember it
+ If you see an answer you agree , add [+1] behind it
+ If you have a different answer, write it below the old one
+ If you can't remember the number of the question, put it in the "unclassified question"

Great idea!!
Original post by andysharp
I don't think that's right. Energy of a photon = hf, and E=mc^2 can't be applied as a photon has no mass

negligible mass, not no mass, when a photon is at rest it has no mass. I know most at my college put the photon as the answer, including myself
For the capacitor q, I said that since W=½QV , if the charge halves then the energy stored is divided by 4. So the energy must halve before the charge halves . is that correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Reply 499
How did everyone work out the tension question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending