Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    I don't think so think they literally just rank everyone and give the top 100 academics interviews, they said you'd be very unlikely to get an interview based on academics with less than 7A*s at GCSE
    The minimum academic threshold was 7 As not 7A*'s at the open day. They couldn't ask for everyone to have at least 7A*s at GCSE just to get an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    The minimum academic threshold was 7 As not 7A*'s at the open day. They couldn't ask for everyone to have at least 7A*s at GCSE just to get an interview!
    i didn't say it was 7A*s to get an interview via roles and responsibilities form just to get in via the places for the top 100 academics (I asked them specifically to make sure since I have more than 7As but only 5 of them are A*s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    i didn't say it was 7A*s to get an interview via roles and responsibilities form just to get in via the places for the top 100 academics (I asked them specifically to make sure since I have more than 7As but only 5 of them are A*s)
    Ahh makes sense

ReputationRep:
    i've got an interview on the 6th of jan and i'm so nervous! i've never done MMI before, and i am really scared for the maths test as i hate those style of questions!
    good luck to everyone still waiting, and to anyone with an interview coming up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmBem03)
    i've got an interview on the 6th of jan and i'm so nervous! i've never done MMI before, and i am really scared for the maths test as i hate those style of questions!
    good luck to everyone still waiting, and to anyone with an interview coming up!
    Hey! I have an interview on the 6th Jan too - and am super nervous! Haven't done MMI but friends who've done it say that they prefer it to the traditional. Also dreading the maths test! Not sure how to really prepare for the maths, apart from going through their sample paper. Will see you on the 6th! Good luck to all those who haven't heard yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied with 7 A and 3 B at GCSE and 3A and a B at AS with a UKCAT of 628 band 4 have I any sliver of a chance of interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDreamer123)
    I applied with 7 A and 3 B at GCSE and 3A and a B at AS with a UKCAT of 628 band 4 have I any sliver of a chance of interview?
    Of course! If your roles and responsibilities form was good then there's no reason you shouldn't get an interview

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that's already been to an interview at Keele, did they happen to mention when we'd hear back. I was at the 9th of December interview but never heard what they said about offers/rejections and when back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When do keels stop giving interviews?

ReputationRep:
    ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmedicine2016)
    Anyone that's already been to an interview at Keele, did they happen to mention when we'd hear back. I was at the 9th of December interview but never heard what they said about offers/rejections and when back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had an interview on that date too, pretty sure they said won't be till very late January and probably February. Last years thread showed it to be around that time too but not sure when the interviews were held last year. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maden222)
    I had an interview on that date too, pretty sure they said won't be till very late January and probably February. Last years thread showed it to be around that time too but not sure when the interviews were held last year. Good luck!
    How did the interview go? I know you can't talk about specifics but in terms of questions about the NHS did many of them come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else heard in the meantime! I don't know why they're taking so long I want to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Anyone else heard in the meantime! I don't know why they're taking so long I want to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoke to the admissions manager today and she said that there are lots of interviews to be given out for March, all the January ones have gone. She said you'll hear from Keele in February if you've been invited

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Received an email today asking about my international qualifications and saying that they are now reviewing my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NBrooks19)
    Spoke to the admissions manager today and she said that there are lots of interviews to be given out for March, all the January ones have gone. She said you'll hear from Keele in February if you've been invited

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't realise they'd have so many out for Jan, seems like not many have heard on here. At least I know I can wait till Feb!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my stats:
    5 A*s 5As 1B at GCSE
    662.5 UKCAT band 1 SJT
    2 As-chem and psy 2-Bs-maths and bio at AS
    predicted A*AA
    in terms of work experience and the R and R form I haven't had any work experience at a care home so lots of my examples were from working at a high school and cupping clinic, do you think I will be at a disadvantage because of this?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure keele have interviewed over 100 people in December given that there were 4 groups each day with 12/13 in each group. It's only a small medical school with around 130 places so they only interview 400ish people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmedicine2016)
    I'm sure keele have interviewed over 100 people in December given that there were 4 groups each day with 12/13 in each group. It's only a small medical school with around 130 places so they only interview 400ish people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that your assumptions or do you know this? Just out of curiosity?

My friend didn't hear till Feb last year, was interviewed in March and got an offer as did most of the people she spoke to so I think it's normal for them to send most of them out in Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Is that your assumptions or do you know this? Just out of curiosity?

My friend didn't hear till Feb last year, was interviewed in March and got an offer as did most of the people she spoke to so I think it's normal for them to send most of them out in Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know for sure that's how many people they interviewed before Christmas roughly given that I know both interview dates had around 50+ people on. I'm not too sure when the rest of the interviews are given out for but I'd assume that there's quite a few left for March interviews. Someone said on here all the January spaces were gone but I'm not sure how many of the remaining interview slots are this month and how many will be in March.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.