Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squire1998)
    I just heard back. Got a conditional for Electrical and Mechanical Beng!
    Congrats!

I'm still waiting - have an unconditional from Heriot's which I'll probably firm, but was waiting to see what/if Strathclyde offered.

ReputationRep:
    I just heard back. Got a conditional for Electrical and Mechanical Beng!
    Got a conditional for EEE this evening! Really happy to have got it and it was quite low, but I'm going with my unconditional from Heriot Watt.

ReputationRep:
    Oi Oi! Anyone been accepted for Prosthetics and Orthotics?

Also what are people doing about accommodation??

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for aero-mechanical because my physics was only a B, despite already telling me before I applied that a B is fine as my advanced maths would override it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankConway)
    Has anyone heard from electrical engineering?
    I have just received a conditional offer for both Electrical Engineering/Electroonics (Beng) and Computer/Electronic Systems (Beng). I can't decide which one I should pick. What do you guys think? By the way, I'm a Polish student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeynunny)
    Got a conditional for EEE this evening! Really happy to have got it and it was quite low, but I'm going with my unconditional from Heriot Watt.
    Congratulations, it turns out my conditional was for EEE and not M&E after all. Good luck at Heriot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrycjap)
    I have just received a conditional offer for both Electrical Engineering/Electroonics (Beng) and Computer/Electronic Systems (Beng). I can't decide which one I should pick. What do you guys think? By the way, I'm a Polish student.
    I can't really say. I guess it just depends on what you're wanting to do as a career and what you find more enjoybale. I'm a mature student and have been an Electrician for 10 years, so the EEE suits me more than the computing side of things. I hope to switch over to Mechanical & Electrical at some point (if that's even possible).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaeden)
    I wanted to apply to Strathclyde to study Pharmacy, sent e-mails to the MPharm contact listed on their website on 21/08, and have been ignored for over two months.

Good luck to everyone else interested in studying here, lol.

I know that I'm not.
    Probably a dead email addresses or they are too busy to respond to every request in that manner when an admissions team exists... Pick up the phone and talk to the admissions tutor.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for a response...

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, it turns out my conditional was for EEE and not M&E after all. Good luck at Heriot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you have to go for an interview? If so, how was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r.b.r.b)
    Did you have to go for an interview? If so, how was it?
    Yes, I got invited for an interview/ tour of the university facilities. The interview was fine. It was a lot more relaxed. And a bit less formal than I anticipated.

I prepared for everything getting thrown at me including the kitchen sink but the only 'real' question I remember being asked was why I wanted to do the particular course and why at Strathclyde. After that, it was just the interviewer talking about what was involved with the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I got invited for an interview/ tour of the university facilities. The interview was fine. It was a lot more relaxed. And a bit less formal than I anticipated.

I prepared for everything getting thrown at me including the kitchen sink but the only 'real' question I remember being asked was why I wanted to do the particular course and why at Strathclyde. After that, it was just the interviewer talking about what was involved with the course.
    That was the same with me. It was so simple compared to what I had prepared for.

Have you had your offer yet? I got my unconditional and UCAS has updated but I've not had anything back from the University. Should they have responded by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FraserS123)
    That was the same with me. It was so simple compared to what I had prepared for.

Have you had your offer yet? I got my unconditional and UCAS has updated but I've not had anything back from the University. Should they have responded by now?
    Unconditional? Well done! I got a conditional, which means getting an A on my HNC graded unit.

I've not had anything in the post from the University but I did speak with them to confirm what my conditions were as they were a bit unclear on UCAS, so they at least acknowledged that they've given me an offer haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeynunny)
    Congrats!

I'm still waiting - have an unconditional from Heriot's which I'll probably firm, but was waiting to see what/if Strathclyde offered.
    Hi, I'm just wondering if you're still waiting on a offer from Strathclyde? I'm sitting here a day before the normal offer deadline without so much as an acknowledgement of my application. I've heard absolutely nothing from Strathclyde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malayika)
    Still waiting for a response...
    Me too. I haven't even had an acknowledgment of my application.

ReputationRep:
    firmed Pharmacy yesterday 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan7926)
    Me too. I haven't even had an acknowledgment of my application.
    I can't remember if I did or not. I just want to hear back so I can go ahead and firm my top choice and decide on my insurance but they're taking aaaages

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the admissions people to see if they had received my application, and they replied quite quickly saying they had.

Then after I had accepted my firm offer, UCAS said I would get an email from the university soon, detailing what to do next. But they didn't reply so I emailed them again and they was concerned they hadn't got the offer. But I got this reply:

(Original post by Gemma Nelson, Student Experience Officer, Student Experience - Admissions)
    Thanks for your email. I can confirm we have received your firm acceptance from UCAS. The next time you will hear from us will probably be around May/June when we sent out a Final Certificate of Acceptance by email.
    So you should probably send an email and see what's going on. It seemed to help me.

ReputationRep:
    Accepted my offer for business!!

ReputationRep:
    Think I will accept my offer for Sports Engineering..!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 8, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.