Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    fatima1998 This is when you should post what you managed to do in the 1.5hrs. You should then ideally spend the next half an hour setting out the stuff you will do in the next session/ having a break. That's basically how it works, hope this helps?

P.S. I'd recommend completing the 1.5hours of work in 3 Pomodoros so it doesn't feel overwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do loads of maths, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile43)
    Anyone have any tips for AQA biology revision im struggling ? Thanks
    Hey, have you tried "Mr.Pollock biology" videos on yt? He explains things quite well and it's really simple to understand. ^-^ Maybe you could watch them to build a basic understanding of the concepts before making notes/memorising stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    Hey! Wait i feel like this is really helpful, and will motivate me more to revise, but i'm kinda confused as to what this is, like the times etc confuse me.. Can someone please try and explain how this works? Thanks!!
    Here is an explanation!

(Original post by Anon_98)
    Sorry about the confusion. - of course I can. Those timings are to indicate to everyone that they should post their targets they'd like to complete within that session then log off. Roughly 1 hour to 1 and a half hours after the timing has been posted everyone returns back onto the thread and posts their achievements. Then a half an hour break is issued and the cycle repeats until the day is over. It's also just to remind everyone of the group revision that's taking place and to keep up the motivation kinda thing.
    Does this make sense to you? If not, would you like me to tag you for one cycle so you hopefully get the idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric33)
    Hi!

Just discovered this thread last night but it was when the last session was . This is an awesome idea and it's a really good booster for motivation which I really struggle with .

For the next hour, I will be doing psychology - writing evaluation notes for the studies I have done in social and cognitive psychology.
    Just completed one of the two studies of the social psychology notes - since I realised I had to write out much more than expected I didn't realise it would take this long. Will take a short break and then will continue with the second study for another hour
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Short Update:

I am halfway into typing up my notes for the Cold War for History.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't post about how my last session at 9pm or something went because I logged out, but I finished quotes and one bio sheet. I couldn't do the set work because I got a headache, so I just ate then went to sleep :erm:

I'll be joining the next session (a bit late, though) and I'll do the set work I was supposed to do yesterday, then get a start on history.

ReputationRep:
    Just marked a Chemistry A2 edexcel past paper. I'm doing terribly. Damn titration curves and practical questions. Anyone got any tips. I really need an A.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 10:30am. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Memorising unit 2 Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to do all the Thermal Physics section and Vibrations and began doing fields. My revision went into a decline after about 1hr 15mins. It was quite possibly one of the best morning revision session ive actually had. I normally cant revise very well in the morning! Thanks Anon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Is it possible to do two entire units in one day? (And retain everything thereafter?)
    It took me around 10 hours but I did it. I then completed an exam and I scored 62/75 so it wasn't too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I think i understand it now! When's the next session? I shall join

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    time to start more chem
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I have finally finished typing up my notes for History. I'm going to take an hour break now and another one for lunch before doing my History, Maths and Biology homework. Then I urgently need to tidy my room :dry: .

ReputationRep:
    Starting an hour session of C3 maths revision :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna make some AS business unit 2 flashcard for one hour, hopefully i can get about 3 chapters done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished a section of c1.3 extracting copper revision shall commence again at 11:00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donte)
    I managed to do all the Thermal Physics section and Vibrations and began doing fields. My revision went into a decline after about 1hr 15mins. It was quite possibly one of the best morning revision session ive actually had. I normally cant revise very well in the morning! Thanks Anon!
    I am honestly so glad to hear that! :five:

ReputationRep:
    done the 2012 chem write ups, going for a break will be back after lunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    I think i understand it now! When's the next session? I shall join
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh good, 12:30pm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.