Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyt307)
    I got x<-6 x>3 and 1<x<2 lol
    SAME. I GOT THIS EXACTLY (but the less than/more than and EQUAL to sign)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    No way!! That's too high. Loads of people found it so hard. There's people (including myself) that have straight up lost out chunks of marks as well as stupid mistakes. I think we should do a poll for what people think an A grade boundary will be.
    See the updated post. Most people had complaints on the last question, but you could work out part b and c without part a. (Adding the two equations gives you 2secx=-5.2
    , secx = -13/5
    cosx=-5/13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    On the integration by parts of ln(3x)/x multiplied by something or whatever it was, i got the integration by parts..... but then with the rotating around an axis... how did people make the numerator ln(3x) because it was squared???
    you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue

ReputationRep:
    I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got x<-6 and x>3 for the third question?
    Also, what did you get for substitution? I got something like 18/3 or 18/2 (can't remember really)
    The second part of integration by parts question: anyone had to use integration by parts twice?
    I was able to do every single past paper in less than an hour and get an A*, but not this one.. so, I believe grade boundaries should be much lower

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for about 50-53 for an A because it looks like people either ran out of time/missed out some questions/silly mistakes and people found it generally more difficult than their other papers. Someone please make a poll thing so we can vote

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure x^2>>mod so it was my answer but after this exam I have no clue. Was getting 100% in my c3 but that test was a disgrace.

(Original post by tanyapotter)
    65 for an A?! 64 was an A* last year, and that paper was really easy.
    Are you trolling?
    deffo a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mowerharvey)
    What did everyone get for tbe range?
    Think I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8 or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hish11)
    Got straight A*/A students saying they dropped 15 marks, at least.
    Reckon
    a*-61
    a-57
    b-54
    c-51
    d-47
    It will never been 60 for an A*. Maths is the most subscribed subject for AQA , inevitably with students skewing the grade boundaries.

Add 3 to each, then it'll a be more sensible prediction. Saying that, it was not a hard paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    SAME. I GOT THIS EXACTLY (but the less than/more than and EQUAL to sign)
    remember its the modulus of 5x-something or whatever, so if you sketch the graphs/have a graphical calculator you'll see they dont interest at -6

answer should be 1<<x<<2 x>>3

ReputationRep:
    I should get an A* (assuming an A* will be 30 marks).

That was an unacceptably hard paper and it's unfair for AQA to make this year's paper so hard in comparison to all the papers. I can say a goodbye to my firm uni that's for sure, and now I genuine think I'll be going through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khuman97)
    you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue
    I was thinking of doing that, but I thought that ln(3x)^2 was different to ln(3x^2)? Like can't you only bring down the 2 if it's in the ln?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    I did the paper. Excpet from one, no questions were challenging. It's all overexaggeration
    Joes like you are the reason ISIS exists

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got straight A*/A students saying they dropped 15 marks, at least.
    Reckon
    a*-61
    a-55
    b-50
    c-45
    d-40

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1465987282965-2080500499.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  331.9 KBRange question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marelitza)
    I was able to do every single past paper in less than an hour and get an A*, but not this one.. so, I believe grade boundaries should be much lower
    Same. I used to finish the paper in less than an hour but I was working till the last second for this one. They should be much lower

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing that, but I thought that ln(3x)^2 was different to ln(3x^2)? Like can't you only bring down the 2 if it's in the ln?
    Correct, you had to change the integral to
    (lnx) * (lnx)/(x^2)

set u=lnx, v'=lnx/x^2
    u'=1/x, v=(your answer to the previous part)

and go from there

I'm sticking by

100 UMS - 70 (maybe 69)
    A* - 62
    A - 55
    B - 51
    C - 46
    D - 41
    E - 36

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the1pedro)
    I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8
    Me too! I was getting scared. Hopefully its right.

ReputationRep:
    You're right it was (ln3x)^2 which can't be written as anything else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 1, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.