Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles17)
    Also according to that mark scheme the lowest I got was 53/70 so what grade do you think that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on how high the boundaries are, but probably an A

ReputationRep:
    I have some questions
    How many orbitals occupied in silicon?
    Does silver nitrate and sulfuric acid not produce a precipitate?
    Also for ionisation energy, wouldn't it be highest when electron is closest to nucleus.

Also, question 15 in MCQ, wouldn't there be 12 sigma bonds and two pi bonds

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the MS, I've done awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    What did people get for Question 3 on multiple choice that asked you the volume of the gas or whatever it was? I got 120cm3, can't remember which option it was.
    yeah i got the same

ReputationRep:
    So in the question about nitrogen I forgot to put in the extra electron but drew the diagrams apart from that right how many marks would I lose. Would it be just the 1

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys, had to take down second set of practise papers for mocks.

I am so sorry for the hassle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ashbawa)
    Sometimes they allocate marks for both ways, as you added 50cm^3 to heat something up which happened to also be 50. it depends on the mark scheme. I did another question like this where they added magnesium to the solution and i did the mass of both added together but it also awarded marks for using the solution only
    thanks for the optimism
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll still be 1 off an A anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 87Mack)
    did anybody get 0.768 for conc of so3?
    Me! Dunno if it was right though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I doubt he's gonna get these freshly done papers as a mock considering the fact that no mark scheme will be published for a good few weeks. That's what those locked practice papers are for. So there's no harm in getting them really. Even our teacher's trying to scrounge them for somewhere so we will have these before our end of year exam (as we don't sit AS exams).
    Exactly!! I think some people just need to think before they write something lol
    And nothing can harm anyone from practicing past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I have some questions
    How many orbitals occupied in silicon?
    Does silver nitrate and sulfuric acid not produce a precipitate?
    Also for ionisation energy, wouldn't it be highest when electron is closest to nucleus.

Also, question 15 in MCQ, wouldn't there be 12 sigma bonds and two pi bonds
    According to my teacher there are 6 fully occupied orbitals but sence we never had that as an option it would have been 8
    The book and my teacher said that silver nitrate form ppt
    According to the book it should have been option C for ionisation energy question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    So you can cheat?
    Not really and i doubt they give us this paper as we got told questions are made by our teachers so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyyrosee)
    Me! Dunno if it was right though...
    You had to square root it to get 0.876 or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryg123456)
    You had to square root it to get 0.876 or something like that
    sick another mark down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    thanks for the optimism
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll still be 1 off an A anyway...
    We don't know the grade boundaries so you could have an A..

ReputationRep:
    Few things that are certain to come up on the depth:
    Mass and IR spectrometry
    Reaction mechanisms
    Boltzmann distribution curve
    Drawing a graph of some sort
    Basically everything that didn't come up here

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 57 marks could be?

ReputationRep:
    High B/low A I would think

ReputationRep:
    Not sure where people get their numbers from here, the A will definitely not be higher than 53. The longstanding average for this subject is 75% and this is a new course were everything is being assessed in one exam, unlike how it was before. No matter how easy some people think this paper was they are crazy to suggest the A mark will be above 75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jn998)
    Not sure where people get their numbers from here, the A will definitely not be higher than 53. The longstanding average for this subject is 75% and this is a new course were everything is being assessed in one exam, unlike how it was before. No matter how easy some people think this paper was they are crazy to suggest the A mark will be above 75%
    Average for F322 in old spec was 79% with highest being 83% for an A and lowest 74%. This being in the last 4 years alone. What do you think? Do you think people will really push boundaries above 75% as they apparently found it easy?

Even in F321, which is pretty basic, an A grade is around 78%

ReputationRep:
    Average for F322 in old spec was 79% with highest being 83% for an A and lowest 74%. This being in the last 4 years alone. What do you think? Do you think people will really push boundaries above 75% as they apparently found it easy?

Even in F321, which is pretty basic, an A grade is around 78%
    Hadn't checked it so was just going by what my teacher told us. The boundaries always fall for the first year of a new syllabus though. I don't think it will be more than 75% this year, because of it being new and because of the whole course content being examined in the exam rather than just half of it like before.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.