Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    What does that have to do with anything? Anyone who knows anything about the USSR knows that Stalin deported Tartars (and millions of other non-Russians) to Central Asia, it isn't an unknown story. Ukraine never entered a song about the plight of the native Crimean population before - the only reason they're doing so now is because they've lost the Crimea and want it back.
    I mean we can go into the whole political aspect of it but I think that even then she is still giving perspective, I understand your opinion though.

ReputationRep:
    I bet £10 for Australia to win at 16/1, £10 for France to win at 13/2 and £10 for Italy to be the best big five country at 3/1. (I got a £10 free bet, I'm not that crazy). I think with the new voting method, truly great songs have a better chance of doing very well. I would've been reluctant to back these three countries last year under the previous voting method.

Fingers crossed!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by oinkk)
    I bet £10 for Australia to win at 16/1, £10 for France to win at 13/2 and £10 for Italy to be the best big five country at 3/1. (I got a £10 free bet, I'm not that crazy). I think with the new voting method, truly great songs have a better chance of doing very well. I would've been reluctant to back these three countries last year under the previous voting method.

Fingers crossed!
    I'd be worried if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be worried if I were you.
    How come?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by oinkk)
    How come?
    Well it looks like Russia is going to win, and France will probably beat Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Well it looks like Russia is going to win, and France will probably beat Italy.
    Both are equally as likely. I can't help but think that votes by the public for Russia would be hindered by politics. It's a great song, and should not be affected by that. Nevertheless, it was still a big factor in me not backing them. Regardless, they still did very well last year.

I think Dami Im has a hint of Loreen in her song and voice... that's one of the biggest reasons I backed Australia.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading the usual wave of "England - nil points". :sad: :lol: :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oinkk)

Fingers crossed!
    Who did you bet with, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I love watchin the eurovision song conetst espcially the voting part when england no points or 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Who did you bet with, out of interest?
    Ladbrokes
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    One hour to go people. :awesome: Links to the live stream are in the OP, and don't forget to vote in this thread after each act.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Am I pretty much the only one who's not watching Eurovision tonight?? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    An hour left guys!!! :woo: :jive:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yay, an hour before the UK gets zero points cause Ireland's out! :woo:

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Am I pretty much the only one who's not watching Eurovision tonight?? :ninja:
    Yes.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Financier)

Yes.
    Wow...!!! It's really not that good!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very unlikely that anyone will ever get zero points under the new voting system.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Yes.
    I thought that even eliminated countries get to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah all the countries that competed in the semi finals get to vote so that's 42 countries voting altogether Ireland get the chance to give us nil points in return for us not voting them into the final!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    They can? :eek: :erm:

Stop over-analysing the joke pls :emo:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by smartalan73)
    Yeah all the countries that competed in the semi finals get to vote so that's 42 countries voting altogether Ireland get the chance to give us nil points in return for us not voting them into the final!
    Ohhhhhhhhhh
    They can? :eek: :erm:

Stop over-analysing the joke pls :emo:
    They can.

I thought you were serious...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.