The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics A - Paper 3H - 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robellie77
no! I don't agree with you, for velocity you only differentiate once, then for acceleration you do again!

You quoted the wrong person, that's what I said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sgsb0y
You quoted the wrong person, I'm agreeing with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I meant the person you quoted
Original post by sgsb0y
You quoted the wrong person, that's what I said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i know sorry, but you get what i mean :P
Sgsboy is correct, you only need to differentiate for the second time to find the displacement (DVA is how its done in add maths)
188 is also correct for the last question, although there is an alternate(and longer...) way of doing the next step for the centre triangle. You've got 16.05 as the sides lengths, so you re-arrange the cosine rule to make cosA=a^2-b^2-c^2/2bc, using 13 as A(the base), and 16.05 as B and C. This gives the angle at the top as 132 from memory. Plug this back into the sine rule to then work out the area of that whole isoceles triangle, which is about 97, and then add to the answer for the two triangles at the side. That also gives 188.
The rupees question was defo 52%
Reply 485
What did you guys get for the rectangle shaded with a circle in the centre
Original post by fuzi8n137
I got something like 102.4 for the vase, but how can the surface area be less than be volume? I was so confused. Pretty sure I was right, you square root the scale factor then cube it and divide.

Yeah I got that and then changed it at the last minute for that exact reason.... So annoyed :angry::frown:
Does anyone remember the values for sides of the cuboid for the question about the angle AH makes with the base, they gave us the length, the width and the height, just can't seem to remember what they were...
Original post by a.v.a.v
Does anyone remember the values for sides of the cuboid for the question about the angle AH makes with the base, they gave us the length, the width and the height, just can't seem to remember what they were...

i think height was 8cm
Original post by Jesusismyhigh
Sgsboy is correct, you only need to differentiate for the second time to find the displacement (DVA is how its done in add maths)
188 is also correct for the last question, although there is an alternate(and longer...) way of doing the next step for the centre triangle. You've got 16.05 as the sides lengths, so you re-arrange the cosine rule to make cosA=a^2-b^2-c^2/2bc, using 13 as A(the base), and 16.05 as B and C. This gives the angle at the top as 132 from memory. Plug this back into the sine rule to then work out the area of that whole isoceles triangle, which is about 97, and then add to the answer for the two triangles at the side. That also gives 188.

Ahhh oh god I've just realised :s-smilie: how many marks was that question worth?😂
Reply 490
Original post by a.v.a.v

the cuboid height was 8 and the length was 17?
Original post by joebarnes123
Ahhh oh god I've just realised :s-smilie: how many marks was that question worth?😂

don't worry, part a) was just 2 marks!
Original post by salty670
question 3 was 38

What was question 3 what did it look like
don't worry, part a) was just 2 marks!

Ahhh thank god
😁
Does anybody have an idea on what the grade boundary might be for a C grade?
Original post by Martins1
Sorry, I meant the person you quoted

It's fine :smile:
yeah i know sorry, but you get what i mean :P

It's fine :smile:
Original post by elizapa_
Guys, if I found the correct gradient on the exercise where we had to find a parallel line but then somehow messed it up and wrote 3x+4y=11, would I get any marks..? I previously found the correct answer but I unfortunately crossed it off and I'm pretty sure they won't count any of it. I really wanted to do good, damn it!

I think the answer was 2x+3y=13
Reply 498
Original post by CvnklJohn
What was question 3 what did it look like

2 x a^2 +6 x b

b= - 2

a= -5

find the answer?
Original post by Michael Perry
Does anybody have an idea on what the grade boundary might be for a C grade?

About 27-30
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending