Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So nervous about what I'm going to get! College have already changed the entry requirements for my college course - I just hope I get the grades I need!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    maths computer science and government and politics then going on to do compsci at uni
    Woooww, you must be really smart. Do you know what you wanna be when your older?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AceOfSpade)
    Woooww, you must be really smart. Do you know what you wanna be when your older?
    lool either an app developer,game developer or potentially a government hacker if i make it lool pressuming u wanna be a doctor right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    What I love about this thread is that everyone wants each other to do well aha!
    bro were all in this together looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    yep! we're all here for moral support
    bro were all in this together looool
    yes we are!

ReputationRep:
    16 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    16 days to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sahil you're so fast, i bet you watch the clock by the second and as soon as you say 11.59.55 your posting right?:clap2::clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Sahil you're so fast, i bet you watch the clock by the second and as soon as you say 11.59.55 your posting right?:clap2::clap2:
    HAHAHAHAH, not quite but I do watch for 12AM. That's when TSR threads come to life :biggrin::biggrin:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sahil19)
    HAHAHAHAH, not quite but I do watch for 12AM. That's when TSR threads come to life :biggrin::biggrin:
    cool, and i agree

ReputationRep:
    15 days until the release of grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    15 days until the release of grade boundaries
    I'm primarily waiting for edexcel maths ones 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I get my igcse result on the 11th august if I call my school? All my other results are on the 25th.

ReputationRep:
    If you know, what degree courses are some of you guys planning on doing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm split..
    95% sure of Psychology
    But the other 5% of me considers Politics

ReputationRep:
    Y'all stressing out like "15 days to go", and I'm here like "2 days, it's FIIIIIINE" whilst dying inside.

What I was predicted:
    8 A*s 2As (German A, Add Maths)

What you think you'll get:

8Fs and 2 Us lmao
    jk 5-6 A*s 2-3As 1-2Bs (yay disappointment)

Feelings on results day?
    Terrfied, trying to play it cool. Not working, so I just let anxiety flow through my vains.

I'll make an update in two days, probably on the IGCSE thread tho. Good luck to all of you, I'd die if I had to wait any longer.

ReputationRep:
    This whole thread is like "I'm predicted an A* in everything!" so I'm about to shake it up a bit because I'm not that clever.
    So, I had some school problems and thanks to that I only got to sit 7 qualifications - IGCSE English Language, TLM Level 2 IT User Skills, EDEXCEL Maths, Functional Maths Skills???? (or whatever it's called. the one where you have to do shape and space and financial calculations and that), GCSE General Studies, Core Science and Additional Science.

I already know I got a B in IT User Skills and an A in English Language because I sat those before exam season. I have NO idea how I managed that.
    I didn't sit any mocks so I have no predicted grades for the rest of them, so imma just predict them myself.

predicted grades:
    A in english ✔
    B in IT✔
    -
    D in edexcel maths
    D in functional maths skills
    C in general studies
    B in core science
    C in additional science

actual grades:
    ?????? I'll just edit this on results day.

So it doesn't look like I'll be getting enough qualification wise to sit A-levels in college which is a bummer. I don't know whether to do a year of GCSEs while all my friends go onto finish A-levels or to just do a random level 2 course for a year while retaking my maths. I will be VERY happy if i somehow manage to pull it off and get 5+ GCSEs though. Very very happy. I plan to take A-level Creative Writing, A-level Psychology and A-level Government and Politics if I do, and then hopefully go on to study Mental Health Nursing at Cardiff uni and join the RAF as a Nursing officer 😎 That's the dream!
    What's everyone else's plans/back up plans if they don't get the grades they're hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    Dr reporting for duty. I wish I understood computers enough to be a hacker. If you become a hacker like Mr. Robot that would be awesome or develop a game even better than Grand theft auto V!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellarvby)
    What's everyone else's plans/back up plans if they don't get the grades they're hoping for?
    well i need something like an A* in maths, 2 As in physics and french and 3 Bs in any other subjects (including english i'm assuming) to get into my chosen sixth form. if i don't get that i'll firstly wonder what i was doing wrong in terms of revision then enroll in my current school's sixth form, since it needs 5 Cs

ReputationRep:
    When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet
    lmao most of the people I know say year 12 but I literally just say that I finished year 11/starting year 12 in September

Such an awkward in-between stage, I guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.