Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KittyKat97x)
    Whoops, did anyone get lamda=3 and mu=2?:confused:

Hm i remember get lambda as 1 can't remember what mu was but I did try it on the 3 equations it worked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdgsgh)
    What do you think 60/75 would be?
    High A

ReputationRep:
    do you have to explicitly state that you're rejecting 0 and 360 for full marks?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how many marks i would loose for attempting the last question(integration) with the wrong value of k? i used k=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    do you have to explicitly state that you're rejecting 0 and 360 for full marks?
    I don't think so. You are just asked to find all the values in that range and I think it would be very harsh to do that.

ReputationRep:
    thought the paper was very nice apart from that last question. Please can someone explain question 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    3sin3y - 3cos3y =1/6 tan^-1(3x/2)+pi
    Or sth
    oh **** i did ln(4+9x^2)/18x so my final answer was 3sin3y - 3cos3y =ln(4+9x^2)/18x + pi will i get many marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly the same as me , i think i've lost about 15 marks
    (Original post by yoda123)
    How did everyone find it? I thought it was alright, couldnt do last vectors or last page though

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose for being a f****** idiot and forgetting to sub in the boundary conditions to find C on the last question? I think I got 6sin3y -18cos3y = tan^-1(3x/2) + c.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by df97)
    I have pretty much all the same answers! except I think i might've put 69/2-9/2ln3 and also i couldn't do last vectors question and think i butchered vectors part a, got like 4/rt390 lol. For the "....." on last bit does -18x/(4-9x^2)^2 look familiar?
    I couldn't really do the last vectors question either, I just kept writing BS till I got an answer so I seriously doubt they're right. That form does look quite similar to what I got but I know what I got was slightly wrong so I put .... instead. You definitley got plenty method marks at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickel_w)
    last one was 10 marks
    3 was the 5 marker i think? Trig quadratic
    Cheers, wrong number by me though, I meant the second partial fractions one

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I believe I got -3ycos3y-sin3y=1/6(tan^-1(3x/2))+pi

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1466178196675703562780.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  495.1 KB

There ya go mate, anyone correct me if I'm wrong

(Original post by LucasFletcher)
    Does anyone remember what info they gave you in the half life question?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think 66 on C3 and 61 on C4 would be? Do you think that would scrape an A*?

ReputationRep:
    Personal opinion for grade boundaries (Not that people wanted to hear a realistic set of boundaries for PC3...) I think the paper was overall about the same as last years difficulty wise except some of the questions this year wanted a bit more.

This was made using previous years boundaries and comparing the paper to this years

100 UMS - 66
    A* - 61
    A - 55
    B - 49
    C - 43

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think Full UMS will be?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't so i hope not, as long as you stated the values that were true then i dont see why they would, unless the mark scheme is harsh
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    I don't think so. You are just asked to find all the values in that range and I think it would be very harsh to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mowerharvey)
    Cos x = 13/35 for me
    I got 7/35 which cancelled to 1/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt309)
    anyone know how many marks i would loose for attempting the last question(integration) with the wrong value of k? i used k=3
    Same here, you'll possibly get all for ecw and maybe lose one at the end for final answer if you got it all right apart from using 3 instead of 6

ReputationRep:
    i think it was the first one? im not sure tbh
    (Original post by AQslAyy)
    (e^4)/2 , i got that too- which question was it for lmao?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.