Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    I was asked for my UMS in Maths and FM today; having applied on the 12th of October. My application is finally under initial review. Anyone heard anything from LSE after the initial review stage?
    Economics applicant?
    I applied on 10th October. I got the initial review email and the UMS form on 17th and today I received the "8 weeks" email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    I was asked for my UMS in Maths and FM today; having applied on the 12th of October. My application is finally under initial review. Anyone heard anything from LSE after the initial review stage?
    Same, think a couple of people are getting the initial review email today. Think @Fbiemad has already got the 8 week email so some people are on the further consideration stage

ReputationRep:
    Did any Economics applicant get the 8 weeks email yet?
    gmahapatra
    Blueberry.89
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I got my 8 week email exactly a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Economics applicant?
    I applied on 10th October. I got the initial review email and the UMS form on 17th and today I received the "8 weeks" email.
    Yep, Economics. I guess I should expect the 8 weeks email in about two weeks or so then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Still no initial assessment email...
    Omg me too !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    Omg me too !!
    Today I got an email... I don't think it was the initial assessment but the one after that that said my application was being measured against other people

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys also reapplicants?
    Did you get an offer last year or are you studying in LSE right now?
    I'm at LSE now

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone! I got my offer 10 days after I received the 8 week email (either in November or December, I can't remember which...), but plenty on here were waiting much much longer (some longer than 10 weeks) so please don't worry if it's taking a long time!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

IGCSE: A*A*A*A*AA
    AS: AAAAA
    Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*
    A2: A*A*A*AB in Maths, Further Maths, Persian, Physics and Economics respectively.
    (The B is 0.5% or 1 mark away from an A, which was why I marginally missed my Economics offer from LSE last year).
    Predicted A* for Economics again.

Taking AS Computer Science, AS Psychology and self studying AS Additional Further Maths. Might take STEP as well if I can manage to get enough practise.

Gosh..your grades are amazing and you met the offers already didn't you? With 3 A* and 1 A, you might even get unconditional haha good for you. Good luck mate hope u'll see me next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwwg)
    Gosh..your grades are amazing and you met the offers already didn't you? With 3 A* and 1 A, you might even get unconditional haha good for you. Good luck mate hope u'll see me next year.
    They don't count my Further Maths and Persian as my main subjects, so probably I will have to still get that 1 extra mark in Economics this year. For BSc Economics, they consider Further Maths as a fourth subject, so they only ask applicants to pass it. It is probably the most valued subject for an Economics applicant, but LSE does this to get students with wider range of subjects to apply (Something like Maths, Economics, 1 Science and preferably Further Maths as well). This rule is only for LSE and only for their Economics course though.

ReputationRep:
    They don't count my Further Maths and Persian as my main subjects, so probably I will have to still get that 1 extra mark in Economics this year. For BSc Economics, they consider Further Maths as a fourth subject, so they only ask applicants to pass it. It is probably the most valued subject for an Economics applicant, but LSE does this to get students with wider range of subjects to apply (Something like Maths, Economics, 1 Science and preferably Further Maths as well). This rule is only for LSE and only for their Economics course though.
    Im doing Alevel Maths Economics Business(which they dont prefer) and AS further maths only...But I have done alot of things other related to economics such as some teaching for year 12 eocnomics supercurricula. Do you think I have a good chance

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Economics on 11/10 and got the 8 week email today. Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    what's the 8 weeks email? i'm so confused :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    what's the 8 weeks email? i'm so confused :/
    It's just an email to say that your application has gone through the initial screening process and is being passed on to the academic selectors, and you should receive a decision within 8 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if people have got in to LSE with a B in GCSE maths, but an A/A* in alevel Maths. i ask because it says in their website that they want an A in GCSE maths. do you get rejected if u don't have that A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwwg)
    Im doing Alevel Maths Economics Business(which they dont prefer) and AS further maths only...But I have done alot of things other related to economics such as some teaching for year 12 eocnomics supercurricula. Do you think I have a good chance
    (Original post by Mojam99)
    I was wondering if people have got in to LSE with a B in GCSE maths, but an A/A* in alevel Maths. i ask because it says in their website that they want an A in GCSE maths. do you get rejected if u don't have that A
    Best thing to do is to contact LSE and ask them about your situations. See if they do accept applicants with these situations or not.
    Because sometimes they reject people for some reasons straightaway. For example: if you have Maths, Further Maths and Economics and you apply for BSc Economics, you will be rejected as they mention in their website that Further Maths is considered as a fourth subject for Economics applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Good luck to everyone! I got my offer 10 days after I received the 8 week email (either in November or December, I can't remember which...), but plenty on here were waiting much much longer (some longer than 10 weeks) so please don't worry if it's taking a long time!
    Woah that's amazing, you must had been a very strong applicant! What course did you apply for last time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    Woah that's amazing, you must had been a very strong applicant! What course did you apply for last time?
    I'm studying Sociology I think it could be because it's not the most popular course (it's not something like economics etc.) and I sent mine in the first week of November so it was quite early too.

ReputationRep:
    Got my 2 week email yesterday for IR...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.