Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaminiPamini)
    If I were to reply to you in the same rhetoric as you did to me about gay people then I am liable to be sued.. How is that fair?? While the LGBT group is arguing over which toilets they should use, people are dying and criminals are running around with guns shooting innocent people. So you tell me, is it right that life-saving legislation that can ban any Tom, **** and Harry getting their hands on a gun is being ignored whilst we argue over which toilet a transgender person should use??? Nevertheless, how is it that my feelings are the least of your concerns and indeed you will never be held accountable for what you say to me but if someone were to speak against gay people they lose their jobs, they are discriminated against. If you don't want to be discriminated against, then don't forget that people of the other viewpoint don't want to be either.
    I can't believe what I'm reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    My attitude? Your judging my attitude over the internet? First of all I'm a feminist and have great deal of respect towards women (as my religion has said to do so). The prophet(PBUH) stated that the best amongst you is the one thats best to their wives. Just please go ask someone thats a meber of a mosque, he would be able to tell what I have been trying to say. Kudos
    And yet you must cover up for "modesty", you are not allowed to pray in the same area as men, etc.

Yea, old pervy Muhammed really liked women (as sex slaves).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    The religion is the most peaceful religion around otherwise it would not be peaceful for nothing. It promoted nothing but peace and if you have read the entire Quran you will realise that.
    The human rights that are in place in the western countries come from the teachings in the Quran so clearly they are knowledgeable. You will realise yourself that the religion is nothing but peaceful if you have delved enough into it to reliase how the teachings are a way of life.
    Absolute nonsense, Islam is currently one of the most violent religions around. Religions like Buddhism and Jain are miles more peaceful than Islam for starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Absolute nonsense, Islam is currently one of the most violent religions around. Religions like Buddhism and Jain are miles more peaceful than Islam for starters.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    shouldn't that be

The prophet(MHRIH) stated that the best amongst(sic) you is the one thats(sic) beats thier(sic) wives.
    Your ignorance and arrogance has no boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Lol thats not classified as beating :P
    Maybe not by someone who is desperate to convince themselves that the Quran does not permit wife-beating. But to everyone else (including the law) it is.

I could punch you repeatedly in the stomach, and it wouldn't leave a mark.
    But you consider doing that to a woman as acceptable.
    SMH.

ReputationRep:
    My word, the bigots, sexists and apologists have really come out of the woodwork on this thread, haven't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Do you even Rohingya

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your ignorance and arrogance has no boundaries.
    Right because I don't think beating your wife is ever acceptable I'm ignorant and arrogant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    If you have respect for women, why are you advocating that their husbands beat them?
    You make it sound as if Im saying Men should beat their wives when they feel like it. I do have respect for women, I am told to love my mum 3X more than my father, I'm told to not even raise my voice against my parents (thats how respectful one should be). You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them and that "beating" can only be used in a certain scenario. I understand what you are saying, women should not be beaten up at all and I agree I would never even raise my voice against my wife yet alone strike her. Yes it angers me a lot that men beat their wives (not just in asian countries), they treat them nothing more than an object and beat them much they die. You think I'm up for that? Absolutely not. I am completely against that type of stuff after all I'm human BUT I believe if you are going to "beat" your wife than you can only do it under a certain scenario (I don't know what that scenario is as i have no knowledge about it) and no great amount of force must be used (only a gentle tap on their shoulder to show that one is serious but every other approach must have been tried).

ReputationRep:
    You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them and that "beating" can only be used in a certain scenario.
    For the love of god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Maybe not by someone who is desperate to convince themselves that the Quran does not permit wife-beating. But to everyone else (including the law) it is.

I could punch you repeatedly in the stomach, and it wouldn't leave a mark.
    But you consider doing that to a woman as acceptable.
    SMH.
    Looool If you read my comment if you even make their skin turn red. You know exactly what I was trying to say about how much pain you can actually cause but you than went with the "you can get hurt without any marks". SMH

ReputationRep:
    For the love of god
    Why are you taking it out of context????

ReputationRep:
    I give up. I wish you guys the best and hopefully one day you come to realise what I was saying. Goodbye

ReputationRep:
    Why are you taking it out of context????
    It's not out of context your words are quite clear

'You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them'

ReputationRep:
    And whose fault is that? Clearly if he was "familiar" with the Qu'ran than he would not have done any of the sort.
    All the Quran says is that husband may beat his wife, as a last resort, if he fears disobedience. Nothing else. That is all Allah had to say on the subject.

Therefore, anyone "familiar" with the Quran will know that it is permitted to beat your wife under certain conditions. There is nothing in the Quran about how hard the beating should be, or what parts of the body should be avoided. Those were all added later by men. Presumably because they weren't happy with Allah's vague instruction that clearly opened the door to severe beatings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    All the Quran says is that husband may beat his wife, as a last resort, if he fears disobedience.
    given she disobeyed him then the beatings were acceptable according to Islam

so at least we've dismissed the claim that 'he beat his wife so he must have been mentally disturbed' lie

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't that be

The prophet(MHRIH) stated that the best amongst(sic) you is the one thats(sic) beats thier(sic) wives (sic).
    You forgot that one.
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    If you have respect for women, why are you advocating that their husbands beat them?
    :lol: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You forgot that one.
    so much (sic)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.