Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    What level is everyone?

I just became 10
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got up to level 10 this morning!

I'm currently on my way to Star Wars Celebration. Wonder whether people will judge me if I play Pokemon there...

(I'm volunteering so won't actually be able to play anyway, but you know...)

ReputationRep:
    Where do we go to choose our teams?
    I'm at level 5

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone who's played it, answer me something?

I'm going around my neighbourhood and only after walking past a few pokestops I read on google, you have to swipe the picture to get pokeballs.

Just that on the nearby list which is on the bottom right, it has 2 - 3 shaded figures, I clicked one then it just has that in the bottom right with 3 footprints beside it.

How do I know where it is? It's quite irritating.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i need to get something to mount my phoneon my bike for this when off roading

ReputationRep:
    What level is everyone?

I just became 10
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    17 and a half at the moment, hoping to get level 20 in the next couple of days, if it ever stops raining >.<

(Original post by OGGUS)
    Where do we go to choose our teams?
    I'm at level 5
    You have to click on a gym that you can see on your map, then Prof. Willow will explain how gyms work.

(Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    Can anyone who's played it, answer me something?

I'm going around my neighbourhood and only after walking past a few pokestops I read on google, you have to swipe the picture to get pokeballs.

Just that on the nearby list which is on the bottom right, it has 2 - 3 shaded figures, I clicked one then it just has that in the bottom right with 3 footprints beside it.

How do I know where it is? It's quite irritating.
    The footprints represent how far away the Pokemon is, the more footprints then the further away the Pokemon is. 0 means it is in your immediate vicinity although the exact distance each footprint represents is a bit iffy atm. Some sites are saying 1 footprint = 20m, 2 = 100m and 3 = 1km (which is completely incorrect imo) whereas others say each footprint represents 50m, which doesn't really work either. I've have Pokemon drop from 3 footprints to 1 footprint in the space of 10m, so it is all a bit wibbly wobbly atm. You can't find out which direction the Pokemon is in, so you need to explore a bit first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    17 and a half at the moment, hoping to get level 20 in the next couple of days, if it ever stops raining >.<

You have to click on a gym that you can see on your map, then Prof. Willow will explain how gyms work.

The footprints represent how far away the Pokemon is, the more footprints then the further away the Pokemon is. 0 means it is in your immediate vicinity although the exact distance each footprint represents is a bit iffy atm. Some sites are saying 1 footprint = 20m, 2 = 100m and 3 = 1km (which is completely incorrect imo) whereas others say each footprint represents 50m, which doesn't really work either. I've have Pokemon drop from 3 footprints to 1 footprint in the space of 10m, so it is all a bit wibbly wobbly atm. You can't find out which direction the Pokemon is in, so you need to explore a bit first.
    Every now and again, there's a burst of leaves I see on the map, is that a hint as to where it is?

ReputationRep:
    What level is everyone?

I just became 10
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    still only 3 haven't really had enough time to get any exp.The most action I got was when I was driving around earlier and pulled over a few times. Managed to catch about 4 Pokemon and visit 2 stops. Other than that I've had no GPS signal when I'm inside.*

ReputationRep:

Can't be 1km, way too far to be realistic based on my riding around and periodically checking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What level is everyone?

I just became 10
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Level 6.
    Some people are levelling up like crazy, the nearest gym near me has a gym leader of level 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    Every now and again, there's a burst of leaves I see on the map, is that a hint as to where it is?
    The rustling of leaves signifies that there might be a Pokemon over there, yeah. It doesn't always work though.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Can't be 1km, way too far to be realistic based on my riding around and periodically checking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I completely agree. 1km is far too wide a radius for it to be useful anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Is the first Pokemon that everyone caught a charmander? I caught it in my house and it was weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Is the first Pokemon that everyone caught a charmander? I caught it in my house and it was weird.
    Yeah u can get one of the Three starters straight away. If you walk away from them, pikachu will spawn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a purple rat in my house.

ReputationRep:
    just got an Eevee
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :fan:

ReputationRep:
    https://giant.gfycat.com/AnotherGran...icfurseal.webm

Best video I've seen :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The rustling of leaves signifies that there might be a Pokemon over there, yeah. It doesn't always work though.

No, I completely agree. 1km is far too wide a radius for it to be useful anyways.
    I also just caught something across the road with 3

But also half way across the village

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Downloaded it now , is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know how to play this game 😄😄

ReputationRep:
    * I haven't seen Charmander yet 😟. I picked Squirtle to start with, and have seen a few of him around but have only seen one Bulbasaur.

* Caught a Jigglypuff during lunch though 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    https://giant.gfycat.com/AnotherGran...icfurseal.webm

Best video I've seen :rofl:
    So true . Mr Bean is relevant even today .

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I also just caught something across the road with 3

But also half way across the village

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it's a bit weird like that. The "Nearby" feature doesn't always work too well. I know that my friends and I usually have completely different Pokemon nearby despite being 1 ft apart .

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.