2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by self_help_jj)
    You received the online interview immediately ?
    yh more or less

ReputationRep:
    anybody heard anything back from JPM?

ReputationRep:
    glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks there's less opportunities compared to previous years. looks like i might have to apply for summer internships again and hope for the best and a fulltime offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tunza1)
    glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks there's less opportunities compared to previous years. looks like i might have to apply for summer internships again and hope for the best and a fulltime offer
    what did you do last summer?

why do you think you didn't recieve an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I needed some opinions, I made a minor mistake in one of my cover letters- wrote British airways instead of British Airways (A capital).

Will this be a deal breaker or is it minute enough ?
    issue has got me stressed

ReputationRep:
    I needed some opinions, I made a minor mistake in one of my cover letters- wrote British airways instead of British Airways (A capital).

You're overthinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Given they spend so little time on these and will be half asleep, highly likely they will not notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this
    When did you finish your tests ? It has been a month for me now
    I cannot help but think this is a bad sign as I thought they recruit on a rolling basis
    Around a week ago, still yet to hear back also. I was talking to someone on here earlier who heard back from Morgan Stanley a month after applying so don't give up hope!

ReputationRep:
    Guys any update from gs sec? App is still received or under review ? Any interviews so far?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if you can apply Nomura's summer internship programme if you have graduated this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda12)
    Anyone know if you can apply Nomura's summer internship programme if you have graduated this year?
    ^ also interested, can't find anything specific on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarmangue)
    Yes. 18q - 25 min
    Was this for the Project Consulting and Business Intelligence (PCBI) Graduate Program or another Graduate Program?

I am asking this because I received an invite to complete the test for the UBS's PCBI program yesterday and in the invite email it says "Estimated completion time 45 Minutes", yet the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the email is 18 questions and 25 minutes?

So I am a bit confused regarding this.

Was 18 questions 25 minutes for practice test or the real test or both?

Did your invitation email also say "Estimated completion time 45 minutes"?

Also, are the questions in the practice test generally similar to those in the real test?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnight999)
    Was this for the Project Consulting and Business Intelligence (PCBI) Graduate Program or another Graduate Program?

I am asking this because I received an invite to complete the test for the UBS's PCBI program yesterday and in the invite email it says "Estimated completion time 45 Minutes", yet the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the email is 18 questions and 25 minutes?

So I am a bit confused regarding this.

Was 18 questions 25 minutes for practice test or the real test or both?

Did your invitation email also say "Estimated completion time 45 minutes"?

Also, are the questions in the practice test generally similar to those in the real test?

Thanks in advance
    They say allow 45 mins because they include 25 mins for doing the test, plus the practice questions before the real test and to read all the instructions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    They say allow 45 mins because they include 25 mins for doing the test, plus the practice questions before the real test and to read all the instructions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for letting me know

Did you happen to take the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the invite email?

If you did, I wanted to ask whether the questions in that practice test are generally similar to those in the real test?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know

Did you happen to take the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the invite email?

If you did, I wanted to ask whether the questions in that practice test are generally similar to those in the real test?
    Similar format, yes. You might find the actual test slightly more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Similar format, yes. You might find the actual test slightly more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right well I found practice test quite difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right well I found practice test quite difficult.
    Haha well then you my friend are in for a real treat!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for literally every IB, havent heard back from most. Couple of rejections, most of the tests are ok but I have little experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    I applied for literally every IB, havent heard back from most. Couple of rejections, most of the tests are ok but I have little experience
    Which ones have you heard back from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    Last year I applied In Sep-Oct, heard back from end of October to end of December, even some rejections in January, February. So be patient, a quick reply is a good sign but if you don't hear back immediately it doesn't mean you are out of the race.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.