Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else applying for History? (with or without Sociology)

I'm a Scottish applicant with AAAB in my Highers and I've applied for Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Stirling and Aberdeen

I currently have an unconditional for Glasgow and a rejection from Strathclyde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmalley1)
    Is anyone else applying for History? (with or without Sociology)

I'm a Scottish applicant with AAAB in my Highers and I've applied for Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Stirling and Aberdeen

I currently have an unconditional for Glasgow and a rejection from Strathclyde.
    Not a history applicant but fellow scot congrats on the Glasgow unconditional! Sorry to hear about rejection - seems odd you'd be accepted into ggow and rejected from Strathclyde?! Where's your first choice?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sure who's doing the new OCR linear Bio & Chem next year, but i've started a thread so feel free to contribute

BIO:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post68151362

CHEM:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post68150936

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenoverboard)
    Not a history applicant but fellow scot congrats on the Glasgow unconditional! Sorry to hear about rejection - seems odd you'd be accepted into ggow and rejected from Strathclyde?! Where's your first choice?
    Hi, thanks!! I thought it was really strange too - it may have been because I applied to History with Education at Strathy but ended up talking about mostly history/sociology in my PS with a small mention of education. Maybe they wanted someone with a bit more enthusiasm for education than just "i want to be a teacher after my degree" :')

My first choice is Glasgow so I'm over the moon! After that it's Edinburgh but I don't think i'll get in to be honest.

What did you apply for and where?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks!! I thought it was really strange too - it may have been because I applied to History with Education at Strathy but ended up talking about mostly history/sociology in my PS with a small mention of education. Maybe they wanted someone with a bit more enthusiasm for education than just "i want to be a teacher after my degree" :'

My first choice is Glasgow so I'm over the moon! After that it's Edinburgh but I don't think i'll get in to be honest.

What did you apply for and where?
    Ah well done then!! I applied for Computer Science at Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Ggow and Edinburgh - got unconditional from edi & ggow Cambridge is (naturally) first choice but realistic first choice is Edinburgh so as you are, I'm so happy!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Course: Dentistry (fifth choice Pharmacy in Cardiff)
    Universities: Plymouth,Belfast, Liverpool,Cardiff and Dundee
    GCSEs: A*AAAAABBB
    AS Levels: AABB
    A Levels (predicted): AAA
    Offers: not yet

ReputationRep:
    Ah well done then!! I applied for Computer Science at Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Ggow and Edinburgh - got unconditional from edi & ggow Cambridge is (naturally) first choice but realistic first choice is Edinburgh so as you are, I'm so happy!!
    That's so good, well done!! What are your grades?? I'm waiting on Edinburgh but I've been told they take forever with History applications - praying for an offer!!

I hope you get in to your other choices!

ReputationRep:
    That's so good, well done!! What are your grades?? I'm waiting on Edinburgh but I've been told they take forever with History applications - praying for an offer!!

I hope you get in to your other choices!
    Nat5s were 7As, Highers 5As you?

Yeah I heard that Edinburgh were infamous for making people wait for ages - I have a few friends that are literally there right now and they got their offers from them last out of 5! Fingers crossed for u

ReputationRep:
    Nat5s were 7As, Highers 5As you?

Yeah I heard that Edinburgh were infamous for making people wait for ages - I have a few friends that are literally there right now and they got their offers from them last out of 5! Fingers crossed for u
    That's amazing!! I only took 4 Highers because I moved school in December and took up 3 new Highers pretty much from scratch (History, English and Photography) so I'm really proud of what I managed!

I hope everything goes well for you too

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law
    Universities: Oxford, Lancaster, Leeds, Exeter and Keele
    Offers: Leeds (AAA)
    GCSE grades: A*AABBBCCCD
    AS grades: A in Law, A in Englang, B in Englit, E in Spanish, C in General
    A2 grades: A*A*A (predicted)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Medicine
    Universities: Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham, Southhampton (Fifth Choice:Biomedical Science at Warwick
    GCSEs: 9A*s 1A
    AS Levels: AA (Only did two because of new linear A levels)
    A Levels (predicted):A*A*A
    Offers: Biomed at Warwick

*Come onnn Med Schools please hit me uppp*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Post your course, university choices and academic information here!

Course:
    Universities:
    GCSE grades:
    AS grades (predicted/achieved):
    A2 grades (predicted/achieved):
    Extra curricular:
    Other:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Course : Law
    Universities : Nottingham Trent (Unconditional offer), University of Exeter, University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham and Aston
    GCSE grades : A*A*AABCCC
    AS grades : AC and don't know other grades yet
    A2 predicted : A*ABC
    Extra Curricular : Volunteer at Citizens Advice Bureau, got work experience in law offices and invited to parliament for the day next week!
    Other : ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ15)
    Anyone got offers from Exeter for law?
    still waiting here :'(

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing!! I only took 4 Highers because I moved school in December and took up 3 new Highers pretty much from scratch (History, English and Photography) so I'm really proud of what I managed!

I hope everything goes well for you too
    Wow you've done amazing then - I could not have coped hahah! Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 20th October 2016 and by the 21st I had 3 conditional offers from SURREY, DE MORTFORT AND BATH SPA
    on the 22nd I received another offer from Portsmouth.
    studying international business
    grades predicted - ABB/ABC

ReputationRep:
    course : Psychology C800/C801
    GCSE grades: A*A*A*AAAAAAB
    AS LEVEL GRADES: A- GEOGRAPHY, C BIOLOGY, D CRITICAL THINKING
    A LEVEL SUBJECTS: GEOGRAPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, BIOLOGY
    PREDICTED A LEVEL GRADES: A*AA
    UNI'S APPLIED TO: UNI OF BRISTOL, BATH, UCL, DURHAM AND NOTTINGHAM

ReputationRep:

Course: Economics

Where?: Oxford, Kings College London, Nottingham, Manchester, Southampton

AS grades+Subjects: Maths(A) English Lit(A) Religious Studies(A) Econ(B)

A2 Predicted/Achieved: RS(A*), Maths(A), Econ(A)

Offers: Manchester(AAB), Nottingham(A*AA)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My application hasn't even gone in yet and probably won't go for a few more weeks but I'm terrified of being rejected from my chosen universities!! My sixth form team at school have asked about other places for me to apply if I get 5 rejections and it's made me scared that I won't get in anywhere. Idk if I'm being silly but I really want to get in to university!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by eruditeprincess)
    My application hasn't even gone in yet and probably won't go for a few more weeks but I'm terrified of being rejected from my chosen universities!! My sixth form team at school have asked about other places for me to apply if I get 5 rejections and it's made me scared that I won't get in anywhere. Idk if I'm being silly but I really want to get in to university!
    Don't worry about it My school's counselors have been asking me to create backup plans as well. It's good to have backup plans but I am sure that you will get into one of your five choices! Remember that whatever happens you will still get into university, it's just a matter of when and where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Don't worry about it My school's counselors have been asking me to create backup plans as well. It's good to have backup plans but I am sure that you will get into one of your five choices! Remember that whatever happens you will still get into university, it's just a matter of when and where.
    I stress out so much about this stuff and I feel like the 6th form team at my school are confident I can get into my top choice, and my teachers know I can get into my top choice, but I am just stressing about whether my personal statement is good enough to get me into my first choice or any of my choices!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.