University applicants 2017 thread! Watch

jmalley1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone else applying for History? (with or without Sociology)

I'm a Scottish applicant with AAAB in my Highers and I've applied for Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Stirling and Aberdeen

I currently have an unconditional for Glasgow and a rejection from Strathclyde.
jenoverboard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jmalley1)
Is anyone else applying for History? (with or without Sociology)

I'm a Scottish applicant with AAAB in my Highers and I've applied for Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Stirling and Aberdeen

I currently have an unconditional for Glasgow and a rejection from Strathclyde.
Not a history applicant but fellow scot congrats on the Glasgow unconditional! Sorry to hear about rejection - seems odd you'd be accepted into ggow and rejected from Strathclyde?! Where's your first choice?
CutieTootsie
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure who's doing the new OCR linear Bio & Chem next year, but i've started a thread so feel free to contribute

BIO:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post68151362

CHEM:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post68150936
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jenoverboard)
Not a history applicant but fellow scot congrats on the Glasgow unconditional! Sorry to hear about rejection - seems odd you'd be accepted into ggow and rejected from Strathclyde?! Where's your first choice?
Hi, thanks!! I thought it was really strange too - it may have been because I applied to History with Education at Strathy but ended up talking about mostly history/sociology in my PS with a small mention of education. Maybe they wanted someone with a bit more enthusiasm for education than just "i want to be a teacher after my degree" :')

My first choice is Glasgow so I'm over the moon! After that it's Edinburgh but I don't think i'll get in to be honest.

What did you apply for and where?
jenoverboard
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, thanks!! I thought it was really strange too - it may have been because I applied to History with Education at Strathy but ended up talking about mostly history/sociology in my PS with a small mention of education. Maybe they wanted someone with a bit more enthusiasm for education than just "i want to be a teacher after my degree" :'

My first choice is Glasgow so I'm over the moon! After that it's Edinburgh but I don't think i'll get in to be honest.

What did you apply for and where?
Ah well done then!! I applied for Computer Science at Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Ggow and Edinburgh - got unconditional from edi & ggow Cambridge is (naturally) first choice but realistic first choice is Edinburgh so as you are, I'm so happy!!
koolgurl14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course: Dentistry (fifth choice Pharmacy in Cardiff)
Universities: Plymouth,Belfast, Liverpool,Cardiff and Dundee
GCSEs: A*AAAAABBB
AS Levels: AABB
A Levels (predicted): AAA
Offers: not yet
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah well done then!! I applied for Computer Science at Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Ggow and Edinburgh - got unconditional from edi & ggow Cambridge is (naturally) first choice but realistic first choice is Edinburgh so as you are, I'm so happy!!
That's so good, well done!! What are your grades?? I'm waiting on Edinburgh but I've been told they take forever with History applications - praying for an offer!!

I hope you get in to your other choices!
jenoverboard
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's so good, well done!! What are your grades?? I'm waiting on Edinburgh but I've been told they take forever with History applications - praying for an offer!!

I hope you get in to your other choices!
Nat5s were 7As, Highers 5As you?

Yeah I heard that Edinburgh were infamous for making people wait for ages - I have a few friends that are literally there right now and they got their offers from them last out of 5! Fingers crossed for u
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nat5s were 7As, Highers 5As you?

Yeah I heard that Edinburgh were infamous for making people wait for ages - I have a few friends that are literally there right now and they got their offers from them last out of 5! Fingers crossed for u
That's amazing!! I only took 4 Highers because I moved school in December and took up 3 new Highers pretty much from scratch (History, English and Photography) so I'm really proud of what I managed!

I hope everything goes well for you too
danjnich
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course: Law
Universities: Oxford, Lancaster, Leeds, Exeter and Keele
Offers: Leeds (AAA)
GCSE grades: A*AABBBCCCD
AS grades: A in Law, A in Englang, B in Englit, E in Spanish, C in General
A2 grades: A*A*A (predicted)
Bright_Gift
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course: Medicine
Universities: Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham, Southhampton (Fifth Choice:Biomedical Science at Warwick
GCSEs: 9A*s 1A
AS Levels: AA (Only did two because of new linear A levels)
A Levels (predicted):A*A*A
Offers: Biomed at Warwick

*Come onnn Med Schools please hit me uppp*
Katelwxxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Post your course, university choices and academic information here!

Course:
Universities:
GCSE grades:
AS grades (predicted/achieved):
A2 grades (predicted/achieved):
Extra curricular:
Other:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course : Law
Universities : Nottingham Trent (Unconditional offer), University of Exeter, University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham and Aston
GCSE grades : A*A*AABCCC
AS grades : AC and don't know other grades yet
A2 predicted : A*ABC
Extra Curricular : Volunteer at Citizens Advice Bureau, got work experience in law offices and invited to parliament for the day next week!
Other : ...
Katelwxxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MJ15)
Anyone got offers from Exeter for law?
still waiting here :'(
jenoverboard
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's amazing!! I only took 4 Highers because I moved school in December and took up 3 new Highers pretty much from scratch (History, English and Photography) so I'm really proud of what I managed!

I hope everything goes well for you too
Wow you've done amazing then - I could not have coped hahah! Good luck with everything
Rainbowcorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied on the 20th October 2016 and by the 21st I had 3 conditional offers from SURREY, DE MORTFORT AND BATH SPA
on the 22nd I received another offer from Portsmouth.
studying international business
grades predicted - ABB/ABC
halliethestudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
course : Psychology C800/C801
GCSE grades: A*A*A*AAAAAAB
AS LEVEL GRADES: A- GEOGRAPHY, C BIOLOGY, D CRITICAL THINKING
A LEVEL SUBJECTS: GEOGRAPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, BIOLOGY
PREDICTED A LEVEL GRADES: A*AA
UNI'S APPLIED TO: UNI OF BRISTOL, BATH, UCL, DURHAM AND NOTTINGHAM
Sophie31289
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Course: Economics

Where?: Oxford, Kings College London, Nottingham, Manchester, Southampton

AS grades+Subjects: Maths(A) English Lit(A) Religious Studies(A) Econ(B)

A2 Predicted/Achieved: RS(A*), Maths(A), Econ(A)

Offers: Manchester(AAB), Nottingham(A*AA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
eruditeprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My application hasn't even gone in yet and probably won't go for a few more weeks but I'm terrified of being rejected from my chosen universities!! My sixth form team at school have asked about other places for me to apply if I get 5 rejections and it's made me scared that I won't get in anywhere. Idk if I'm being silly but I really want to get in to university!
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eruditeprincess)
My application hasn't even gone in yet and probably won't go for a few more weeks but I'm terrified of being rejected from my chosen universities!! My sixth form team at school have asked about other places for me to apply if I get 5 rejections and it's made me scared that I won't get in anywhere. Idk if I'm being silly but I really want to get in to university!
Don't worry about it My school's counselors have been asking me to create backup plans as well. It's good to have backup plans but I am sure that you will get into one of your five choices! Remember that whatever happens you will still get into university, it's just a matter of when and where.
eruditeprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Don't worry about it My school's counselors have been asking me to create backup plans as well. It's good to have backup plans but I am sure that you will get into one of your five choices! Remember that whatever happens you will still get into university, it's just a matter of when and where.
I stress out so much about this stuff and I feel like the 6th form team at my school are confident I can get into my top choice, and my teachers know I can get into my top choice, but I am just stressing about whether my personal statement is good enough to get me into my first choice or any of my choices!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed