A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    you have to get 90% over your best 3 a2 modules.
    If you post the modules you are doing i can give some examples if you like.
    Maths AS: C1, C2, M1. Maths A2: C3, c4, m2. Further Maths AS: Fp1, S1, D1. Further Maths A2: FP module, S2, D2.
    Edit: Teachers at college are unsure

ReputationRep:
    Results:

Politics- predicted A, received A
    R.S.- predicted A, received A
    French- predicted A, received B

History is linear but predicted A*/A for A2

Dropping politics for A2

Reaction:

I'm really pleased with my results other than French. The french marks were down for the whole group, and the teachers are very confused so probably going to get a remark (only 5 marks off an A).

Future ambitions:

Theology at Cambridge, and yes I am still going to apply with a B as I got a high UMS average for RS and an A* in my RS based EPQ. Other than that, Durham, St Andrews, Bristol, maybe Aberdeen or Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhyDoIEvenTry?)
    Results:
    Maths: predicted A/ achieved A
    Further Maths: predicted A/ Achieved A
    Biology: predicted A/ Achieved B
    Chemistry: predicted A/ Achieved A

Comments:
    Disappointed with the B in Biology and I probably won't be applying to Cambridge anymore. The rest were great though!

Future Ambitions:
    Hopefully Medicine!!!
    Hi, am pretty impressed with your result and would like to know how you worked during the year to achieve it. I hope to achieve 4 As as i start my AS this September.

ReputationRep:
    Politics-predicted B/achieved A
    Economics-predicted C/ achieved D
    History-predicted C/achieved B

Overall I'm pleased especially no doubt with Politics and considering that I revised but not wholeheartedly for each exam. Feel that I have to brush up with Eco in the coming months and try and turn things around in order to maximise my performance when it comes to A2 exams next year.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology - Predicted: C / Achieved: A
    Biology - Predicted: D / Achieved: C
    Sociology - Predicted: C / Achieved: C

Considering i had 32% attendance at one point i'll take those

ReputationRep:
    Here goes nuttin...

History
    342/400 A
    75 a* 104 a

Biology
    507/600 A
    86 a 120 a 40 c (woops EMPA)

French
    341/400 A
    129 a* 65 a* 100 b

General Studies :lol:
    370/400 A*
    100 a* 98 a*

Screw you, General. Of all the things I could've got an A* in, it had to be the one that I didn't revise and wrote 'I have no idea what you're talking about' for one of the essay questions. God's sake, there are karmic forces punishing me. My firm has rejected me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Results
    • Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (300/300 UMS)
    • Further Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (271/300 UMS)
    I didnt do any more AS, but my internal exams were good (AAB with Predictions A*AA). My maths predicteds were predicated on my AS results, so I presume A*A*, but no guarantee.

Comments and reactions
    Very happy, did as well I hoped. Cambridge pipe-dream is still go, even with my below average GCSEs

Future ambitions
    Engineering at Cambridge.
    Hey! Join the 300/300 Maths club
    I'm applying to Cambridge too, but for Economics. How did you find M2 this year? Thought it was reasonably hard (this is Edexcel btw).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spur)
    Results
    • History: A / A
    • English Literature: A / A
    • Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics): A / A
    Comments and reactions
    Well, wow. Considering how screwed my class in Philosophy (teacher got fired halfway through the year) and how badly I felt I did on my History exam, I am very happy with this report. Philosophy I self-predicted a C, History a B. Far as I know I'm only one in my year doing AS Levels with straights As - will need to ask around, but otherwise I've done very well.

Future ambitions
    I'm able to change the universities I aspire for - I have Leeds (AAB), Birmingham and Hull (both ABB) remaining in the crosshairs. I've gotten rid of Southampton and Leicester (both BBB universities), with Birmignham and Hull replacing them as my absolute last resorts and I'm now aiming for Edinburgh and Durham (AAA) as my top choices.
    How were you able to achieve these amazing result?

ReputationRep:
    btec applied science: predicted d*/ achieved D*
    maths predicted B/ achieved C
    physics predicted B / achieved C
    reaction: disappointed i didnt meet my predicted grade.
    future ambitions: possibly air transport management at loughborough or economics at coventry university. Im so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyjoy1998)
    We'll if your cores average at 90+ you'll be fine and then you can fluctuate for M1
    Because it's cumulative do you need a set score out of the 6 modules or does it have to rely on you getting 90+ on the cores even if you reach that set score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    So far the only people in this thread I've seen get straight A's have been the ones who've done Maths/Science. Anyone done humanities and got straight A's?
    I did! I didn't do a single science, I did 2 Englishes, History and Classics and got high As in all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Not bad, my predictions were spot on! BCD in geog, German, and bio but it's enough to apply for genetics I'll get that up to AAC next year BRING IT ON
    Nice attitude

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a question I'm hoping someone will be able to answer.

I took a mixture of reformed and non-reformed A-Levels but sat AS exams for all of them this year. On UCAS, I know I declare the non-reformed ones as their own AS as well as part of the A2, but am I meant to add the new AS? Is that even a qualification, as it doesn't count towards A2 and I'm taking it on?

I'm also required to put module grades down, but with my reformed English Lit. grade I didn't receive individual module grades, but with History I did!?

Thank you and hope that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    wanted
    ABB
    expected
    ABD
    achieved
    BCC

Psychology B
    Business Studies C
    English Language C

Comments and reactions
    I am happy that I have at least passed my exams. But I can't help but feel disappointed with psychology I really wanted an A as i revised so hard for it. Business I would of liked a B in but i'm aware where i went wrong which is the first paper, and english I'm shocked tbh i honestly felt as if i did so bad.
    Future ambitions
    I'm hoping to study Psychology and Economics at either Exeter, Glasgow, Sussex (Edinburgh would of been on the list but they have the requirement of doing A-Level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    AS
    wanted AAB, predicted ABB, received AAA in philosophy, history, and economics, respectively.

ReputationRep:
    So, A level maths, does anyone know how many UMS marks are needed altogether in AS and A2 to get an A*? I got 256 UMS marks in AS and want to know what I have to get next year in A2 to achieve an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackthornRose)
    So, A level maths, does anyone know how many UMS marks are needed altogether in AS and A2 to get an A*? I got 256 UMS marks in AS and want to know what I have to get next year in A2 to achieve an A*.
    I'm assuming you're talking about Edexcel? For them you need 480/600 UMS overall to get an A, then on top of that you have to average 90 UMS on C3 and C4 to get an A*. This means that you can get an A* with only 480 UMS if you do well enough on C3 and C4, alternatively you could get like 550/600 and still only get an A. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • English Language: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Theatre: Predicted C / Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    I am absolutely ecstatic with my results, I didn't think that History or English Language went well at all and was convinced I was going to get D's in both of them! My hopeful predictions after exams were BBCC and I even wrote a letter to myself apologising for my results! I am absolutely blown away, but also incredibly proud of myself and motivated to do better next year! (I dropped Theatre btw if anyone was interested.)
    Future ambitions
    English Literature with Creative Writing at Surrey University !!!!!!!!! AHHHH I am so ready to go and do this !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.thorne10)
    I'm assuming you're talking about Edexcel? For them you need 480/600 UMS overall to get an A, then on top of that you have to average 90 UMS on C3 and C4 to get an A*. This means that you can get an A* with only 480 UMS if you do well enough on C3 and C4, alternatively you could get like 550/600 and still only get an A. Hope this helps.
    So so far I hav about 257 ums in my AS . 180 ums is needed across c3 and 4 . So that's 437 so I would only need 43 ums in my third A2 unit to get an A*??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    So so far I hav about 257 ums in my AS . 180 ums is needed across c3 and 4 . So that's 437 so I would only need 43 ums in my third A2 unit to get an A*??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's right yeah, which is quite funny because this means if I get 90 average in C3 and 4, then I could just not turn up to my 6th paper, get 0, but still get an A* haha. The system seems a bit broken but I'll take it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.