Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hafsa)
    Is it weird that I'm actually jealous of everyone having their first day already. I don't start till Thursday.
    That was me last week when people were going in for induction days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    That was me last week when people were going in for induction days
    I haven't even had my induction day yet , I feel so left out

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else start extraordinarily late for Year 12?

I don't start 'til Monday 12th..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unrealistic)
    Aww that's cool. Which one are you most excited for? Are you nervous at all for tomorrow?
    Hii haha ik!and im excited for all tbh 😃 biology is my favourite,got history tomorrow but its soo nice to see everyone again!wbu?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I sit between two girls in one of my subjects. :sexface:
    LMAO !! You'll get used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhan99)
    Hii haha ik!and im excited for all tbh 😃 biology is my favourite,got history tomorrow but its soo nice to see everyone again!wbu?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Little bit nervous because I don't really know anyone going there but really excited to start studying again. It's been so boring over the summer, I just want to get back to work

(Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    You're in quite a conundrum! lol
    I'm sure you'll get used to them
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    LMAO !! You'll get used to it
    But they smell good. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've got induction tomorrow. So nervous! I really hope I'll be alright? Anyone got any tips for making new friends? Sorta need that sort of help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    I've got induction tomorrow. So nervous! I really hope I'll be alright? Anyone got any tips for making new friends? Sorta need that sort of help
    Just start talking to people Usually the new people because they don't know anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to people you know/don't know and find people taking the same subjects as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hafsa)
    I haven't even had my induction day yet , I feel so left out
    At least you've got time to prepare! Just make sure you've got the right equipment and enjoy your time off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Just start talking to people Usually the new people because they don't know anyone.
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Talk to people you know/don't know and find people taking the same subjects as you
    Thank you, guys! It's college luckily, so I can start a fresh from school and make myself look better than I did there

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I have quadruple maths tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I sit between two girls in one of my subjects. :sexface:
    That is possibly the most socially awkward post on any thread in the whole of the TSR

ReputationRep:
    Basically just go up to every single person you see and whisper "Harambe isn't dead."
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That was a joke, don't actually do that. Just be yourself and say hello to as many people as you can

ReputationRep:
    I go to a new sixth form and ive et a few people and made friends with some of the other new people but i feel like at times when i could be talking to people i just sit there quietly does anyone have any advice?????????
    btw its a new sixth form, not where my old high school was
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    3 days in and i'm already fed up of school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.mo)
    I go to a new sixth form and ive et a few people and made friends with some of the other new people but i feel like at times when i could be talking to people i just sit there quietly does anyone have any advice?????????
    anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.mo)
    anyone
    The first thing you can do is have your head up high, showing your face makes you look more welcome and people are more likely to like you and want to talk to you. I know it's hard, I'm one to talk, I am so shy, I spent most of Year 11 science at the back of the classroom barely talking to anyone but the first step is to look approachable and like you are happy to talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.mo)
    This might sound like really weird advice but go into every conversation as if it's the only conversation with this person you're ever going to have. I'm naturally rather shy and have a tendency to overthink what I say and how people perceive me but this really helps. It stops me from over analyzing situations and being a little bit more natural.

Other than that maybe try to just find something you like about someone and compliment them on it. Nine times out of ten saying you like someones shoes or something starts a conversation and it's really easy.

The whole be yourself thing doesn't seem helpful but it's true sadly

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.