Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemix012)
    Put the date you got your results perhaps? I sat my GCSE's in May/June 2015 and got my results in august 2015, not sure if you had a day where you got your results from your school

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school gave me the results in a ceremony that is usually held on May, but I do not know when they got the results. I suppose they had them by Januery 2016, as CIE usually gaves results in Januery. Should I put Januery then?

I was also confused because in the following link they put June for exams taken during the June series, even though their results should have been in August: http://www.cie.org.uk/images/179016-...rough-ucas.pdf

I suppose the UCAS information is the correct one (i. e. that the date is the results date and not when the exam was taken), isn´t it?

ReputationRep:
    This subject has not been reformed yet so I would be retaking one module.

If I was to state I got and A in one module and I put my overral grade surely they would still be able to figure out what I got in my other Unit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Competitions aren't qualifications. Those should be mentioned in your reference

CIE should be an option as an exam board. Add your GCSEs as International GCSEs and CIE is an option. CIE is an option for A levels

If you sat official AS exams and got overall grades then your results HAVE been certified and MUST be declared.

The changes to how grades are calculated have not changed the QUALIFICATION awarded which is why UCAS haven't differentiated between pre and post 2016 AS levels. A linear AS and a modular AS are both STILL AS levels.

I don't know why this is so confusing to so many applicants - an AS is and always was a qualification in it's own right. If you have SAT an AS level and got a grade for it then you've been AWARDED that qualification. You MUST declare ALL qualifications on UCAS.
    Sorry, but you're very knowledgeable, so since no one else seems to know, I'll ask you.

I sat this GCSE for Maths: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathe...-linear-b-4365 As you can see it has B at the end of it, and on UCAS I have the option to select Mathematics or Mathematics B. On my certificates it simply says "Mathematics". Which option do I pick, or does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiernanW)
    Sorry, but you're very knowledgeable, so since no one else seems to know, I'll ask you.

I sat this GCSE for Maths: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathe...-linear-b-4365 As you can see it has B at the end of it, and on UCAS I have the option to select Mathematics or Mathematics B. On my certificates it simply says "Mathematics". Which option do I pick, or does it matter?
    If the certificate says maths then pick maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)

If I was to state I got and A in one module and I put my overral grade surely they would still be able to figure out what I got in my other Unit?
    If you re going to mention individual modules, it looks suspicious if you omit one so why not include it.

ReputationRep:

I had the same problem, you put in the AS subject twice and have grade as pending for August 2017 don't include any modules unless u oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you re going to mention individual modules, it looks suspicious if you omit one so why not include it.
    Because I did awful in one module. But really good in the other module. As for the module I did awful in I would be retaking it and therefore my grade in that module will probably change.

(Original post by dom117117)
    I had the same problem, you put in the AS subject twice and have grade as pending for August 2017 don't include any modules unless u oxbridge.
    Ah so you included your AS overall grades in one and then the same subject again as pending?

ReputationRep:
    Because I did awful in one module. But really good in the other module. As for the module I did awful in I would be retaking it and therefore my grade in that module will probably change.

Ah so you included your AS overall grades in one and then the same subject again as pending?
    Yep my ucas got bounced twice because of this. I was told not to include the modules tho for the resits but if you do you probably have to include all the module ums u took even the bad one. Don't worry tho the uni would know that as you done well in one it will be easy to push ur overall average up.

ReputationRep:
    Yep my ucas got bounced twice because of this. I was told not to include the modules tho for the resits but if you do you probably have to include all the module ums u took even the bad one. Don't worry tho the uni would know that as you done well in one it will be easy to push ur overall average up.
    Wait so is that the right way to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Wait so is that the right way to do it?
    So one with overal AS grade with August 2016 (no modules) then one AS pending August 2017 (no modules). If you wanted to declare ur A in the module do it in the AS 2016 one and declare all other modules in that grade. No modules in resit AS as they can tell.

ReputationRep:
    So one with overal AS grade with August 2016 (no modules) then one AS pending August 2017 (no modules). If you wanted to declare ur A in the module do it in the AS 2016 one and declare all other modules in that grade. No modules in resit AS as they can tell.
    Ah thanks for clearing that up!

ReputationRep:
    My school only cash in C1 C2 and M1 as AS Math but I also took C3 C4 and S1 but the report did not say it has cashed in yet. Then how should I fill it in UCAS? Fiill Math A level as pending or just put all modular in and said pending or put all six modules and put grade A* in Math?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pattyps)
    My school only cash in C1 C2 and M1 as AS Math but I also took C3 C4 and S1 but the report did not say it has cashed in yet. Then how should I fill it in UCAS? Fiill Math A level as pending or just put all modular in and said pending or put all six modules and put grade A* in Math?
    Fill in the result for AS maths from 2016, if you wish to include your unit results then use C1, C2 and your best from M1 or S1. Then put A level maths as pending for 2017.

You don't have an A level in maths yet if you have not cashed it in so cannot enter it as if you do.
    You must declare the AS but it will only let you fill in 3 results for an AS, your examiner will have used the best applications unit when calculating your AS grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so this is my situation. I got BCCD at AS then dropped the D and retook 4 modules alongside my A2 exams to get A*AA. I've put the D down in the UCAS education section, but do I put AS grades for the three subjects I continued and completed? And if so what AS grades do I put down? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to sound stupid but I'm still confused.

Basically I have sat 5 of my 6 maths modules, so am I right in putting a completed AS, and a pending A-level?
    The reason for the confusion here is that on my results slip it lists only the module scores, and does not actually state an overall AS grade.

For further maths, I have only sat 1 of my 6 modules, and by the end of this academic year I will have the full A-level. So do I need to put both a pending AS and a Pending A-level?

Also when adding my EPQ (which I'm doing this year), one of the required fields is titled "subject", what exactly am I supposed to input here?

Any help will be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makadia)
    Don't want to sound stupid but I'm still confused.

Basically I have sat 5 of my 6 maths modules, so am I right in putting a completed AS, and a pending A-level?
    The reason for the confusion here is that on my results slip it lists only the module scores, and does not actually state an overall AS grade.

For further maths, I have only sat 1 of my 6 modules, and by the end of this academic year I will have the full A-level. So do I need to put both a pending AS and a Pending A-level?

Also when adding my EPQ (which I'm doing this year), one of the required fields is titled "subject", what exactly am I supposed to input here?

Any help will be much appreciated
    You should only put a completed AS in maths if you have cashed in and been awarded a grade. It sounds like you have not and probably won't, therefore you should just enter the A level as pending. If in doubt whether you have or will cash in the AS check with your exams office.
    For FM you might not cash in the AS and so would only enter the A level as pending, again if you are unsure you should check.
    We don't do EPQ so I don't know about your final question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjakam119)
    Hi, so this is my situation. I got BCCD at AS then dropped the D and retook 4 modules alongside my A2 exams to get A*AA. I've put the D down in the UCAS education section, but do I put AS grades for the three subjects I continued and completed? And if so what AS grades do I put down? Thanks in advance.
    yes you put the grades down for the ones you completed, and then put down that you resat those particular exams and put down what you got as an A2 grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    yes you put the grades down for the ones you completed, and then put down that you resat those particular exams and put down what you got as an A2 grade.
    thanks for the reply, just to clarify so I'd put bccd and aab under AS exams and (my bcc at AS turned to aab)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm referring to points for C1 and C2 and the additional module?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    No

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.