Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got confused on that question as it said "Ultrasound is used in Industry" so I vagually thought that it had to be something related to that statement.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, thought it was ok.

But there just seems like there are so many places where you could go wrong.
    Hope I get an A*. I/A

For the light sensetive one i put pixels (God knows what made me put that ) but then I also put LDR. Will they mark this right or only take the first one?

For the "why should/nt we explore space on i put for minerals???

i thought it was alrite :cool:
    i don't know if it's elsewhere in the thread but i can't be bothered to look! but what the hell was 2 d) all about?!?!? "Do you agree with exploring space" or whatever it was! It was like :confused: why is it in here?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    i thought it was alrite :cool:
    i don't know if it's elsewhere in the thread but i can't be bothered to look! but what the hell was 2 d) all about?!?!? "Do you agree with exploring space" or whatever it was! It was like :confused: why is it in here?!
    Well there's always got to be at least one "durrrr" question

I said yes and no, yes because science is progressing exponentially and there are possibilities for advancement in space, and no because it uses lots of energy and causes C02

(Original post by Torseor)
    Well there's always got to be at least one "durrrr" question

I said yes and no, yes because science is progressing exponentially and there are possibilities for advancement in space, and no because it uses lots of energy and causes C02
    I expected something crap like that to come up but it's...:confused: wtf! :confused: as they say the simplest questions are often the most confusing..
    i said yes for pretty much same reasons as you, and no because its dangerous and expensive blah blah! Simply because of that question i feel i've done well on that exam..perhaps it's a trick :ninja: lol!

ReputationRep:
    the exam board always has to be so special........

ReputationRep:
    the exam wasn't that bad, i mean it was better than the mock i did but since it's the 1st time a further physics has been done, the exam board have gotta be nice

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt it done in Jan 08?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveChild92)
    the exam wasn't that bad, i mean it was better than the mock i did but since it's the 1st time a further physics has been done, the exam board have gotta be nice
    really? i though it was the second? pleaaaaaaaaaase say the grade boundaries are low, my answers were incredibly, errr, made up and odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clevergecko)
    really? i though it was the second? pleaaaaaaaaaase say the grade boundaries are low, my answers were incredibly, errr, made up and odd.
    I rememeber reading that the a* boundary was 31/45.. lets just hope it stays that way?

ReputationRep:
    I hated the camera sensor question. Real digital cameras use CMOS or CCD image sensors, but neither of these really fit, the obivous answer to may is to use LDRs, but as these have a slow response time and are big, I don't think they are every used in a camera. I put photodiode, but that is because I do DT Electronics and know more sensors.

The grade boundries will be fairly average I think, but lower due to the rubbish diagram when 1.4cm was really 1.2cm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatema991)
    I rememeber reading that the a* boundary was 31/45.. lets just hope it stays that way?
    yep, or tbh i wouldnt mind all that much if it lowered :p:
    Im predicted an A*... but after that paper... well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    I hated the camera sensor question. Real digital cameras use CMOS or CCD image sensors, but neither of these really fit, the obivous answer to may is to use LDRs, but as these have a slow response time and are big, I don't think they are every used in a camera. I put photodiode, but that is because I do DT Electronics and know more sensors.

The grade boundries will be fairly average I think, but lower due to the rubbish diagram when 1.4cm was really 1.2cm.
    NOOOOOO!!! i worked it our using 1.4cm :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Since I only need 65 UMS for an A* (achieved by very hard work ;P [yeah right] ), quite frankly I really don't need to worry about grade boundaries, but for the sake of others here and my aims to max my marks, then I hope they are low.

wasnt the light captures / sensitive question film??

ReputationRep:
    Yh I put Film for that ..

wat is every1 else saying about LDR and apenture and pixels - was this a question???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    The paper told you that it was 1.4cm, so it cannot be anything else - not "really" 1.2cm or anything else.

As far as I can remember, the scale was 1 little square to 2mm, as there were 7 squares that made up the 1.4cm object. There were 20 squares on the other image, 20x2mm = 4cm.

1.4/4 = magnification

I think I've recalled that correct anyway, but I'm not sure. I definitely got 0.35 though

For the camera question I put "photographic film", obviously that's a light detector :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I put film too for that question

ReputationRep:
    1.4/4 is correct, yes.

I found the lines to be so faint though, I recounted the image several times just to check I got exactly 4.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.