Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey can anyone help in how to apply for accommodation m confused?

ReputationRep:
    hey can anyone help in how to apply for accommodation im confused?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinadj)
    hey can anyone help in how to apply for accommodation im confused?

Click on http://www.has.bham.ac.uk/studentaccom/index.shtml

and select 2009/10 applicants further down the page. You will need your student number for Birmingham which is on your offer letter.

OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3wa)
    Hey! Need help with decisions.. got unconditional from Notts for Modern european studies and unconditional from Bham for Modern Languages Major/Minor Combinations ( italy + history of art) and I really cant decide!! Thoughts?

Also wanna know about Jarrat Hall, what do u think about that? And about self-catered halls compared to meal plan-ones, any experiences?
    Just wondering cos haven't been living in UK before

plz quick answers needed!

For Birmingham I've heard self catered is best, but then coming from abroad you might wish to go for meal plan just because it'll save you some stress to begin with. You get the same size kitchen whether or not you go catered or selfcatered.

I can't help you choose for your course though, and i know nothing about nottingham. I suggested considering everything about the course, and the university. Maybe write a pros and cons list. Birmingham has very good facilites (not saying notts doesn't i just dunno), um, birmingham is pretty

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks
    Well yeah I'm still very confused... I would prefer Bham as a city but then again the courses r so different and I can't decide which one I prefer.. oh dear..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3wa)
    haha thanks
    Well yeah I'm still very confused... I would prefer Bham as a city but then again the courses r so different and I can't decide which one I prefer.. oh dear..

Write down on here a list of things that are in each course. Then write what you are looking for in your course.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've chosen Nottingham as my firm but bcos the offer from Bham was also unconditional, I couldn't put that as insurance.. hmm. so no insurance for me.. hope nothing goes wrong now!
    Thanks for ur help

ReputationRep:
    aww, we'll miss you at brum! but I'm glad you've decided... nottingham is a really good uni (just not QUITE as good as birmingham!!)

ReputationRep:
    lol, but I still have doubts so just called to UCAS to ask is it possible to change it if changing my mind still.. so now got 14 days.. whats the course where u r going Rosamund 123? Modern languages major/minor combinations? thats the one I would have had

ReputationRep:
    yeah, everyone's still got 14 days after they first choose.

nah, it's not major/minor, it's a joint honours course so it's 50% for each

ReputationRep:
    Ah right.. so anyone going to major/minor -course? With Italian or history of art maybe? :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! ive already got my place because im on a gap year at the mo! and sent in my accommodation application waaay early but i was was in a rush and i chose maple bank as my first choice because it looked quite nice in the pics! and now ive just seen loads of posts saying its horrible! im scared lol.. also just wondering which accommodation is single sex?

ReputationRep:
    teetree, my aunty stayed in maple bank and thought it was absolutely amazing! that was in the 1970s though, when it was new-built :P but seriously, I have heard that they have loads of fun in maple bank.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody worry about their accomodation choices...

Dont live where the partys at , bring the party where you live

ReputationRep:
    Well, now I'm coming to Birmingham I originally applied for 2 different courses in Birmingham and there was a confusion with the other one, but everything is ok now and I changed my Notts firm to Bham! Jeii (So this one is a different modern language-course)
    I'm still waiting fr the confirmation letter, but does it come by post?

ReputationRep:
    Yaay Another brum firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3wa)
    Well, now I'm coming to Birmingham I originally applied for 2 different courses in Birmingham and there was a confusion with the other one, but everything is ok now and I changed my Notts firm to Bham! Jeii (So this one is a different modern language-course)
    I got a UCAS confirmation about a week after firming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3wa)
    Yeah a confirmation letter should come from UCAS at some point, i imagine they are dishing out of lot of those atm, so don't be surprised if it doesnt come immediately.

In regards to Brum, they have given me nothing since firming, maybe they sent an e-mail, i can't remember, however a letter just to say "yeah we know your coming" kinda thing would have been nice. However they might just be waiting for everyone to firm first i guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *******)
    Yeah a confirmation letter should come from UCAS at some point, i imagine they are dishing out of lot of those atm, so don't be surprised if it doesnt come immediately.

In regards to Brum, they have given me nothing since firming, maybe they sent an e-mail, i can't remember, however a letter just to say "yeah we know your coming" kinda thing would have been nice. However they might just be waiting for everyone to firm first i guess!
    I've not received anything since the offer letter and What to do next booklet. Mind you, haven't received much from any uni at any stage to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hey where is everyone applying for accommodation?
    I'm hoping for either Victoria Hall, Elgar Court or Shackleton.. Sent my application off today!
    What does everyone else think about these halls?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 7, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.