Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Same sentiments from my behalf too. I've got my fingers crossed that you all hear some good news eventually.

...and yeah, for the first time ever, I do NOT want to find a letter for me tomorrow.
    Yet knowing my luck with post, why do I feel it will end up happening? :o:

I've got to remain positive. We all do! It will never be over unless you choose to say it's over.
    Thank you very much

I'm confident that you're gonna get in this year - I remember that your grades were ace, and you have a lot of work exp under your belt, as well as an (almost certainly) glowing personal statement! Chin up, && good luck with your application :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Aww thank you
    I've applied to Leeds, Keele, Manchester and BSMS. Been rejected from the latter two.
    <333333 J&W - I've got all of the episodes on DVD (well, my mum does, I nick them off her lol) && I'll be watching them this weekend to cheer myself up!

How about you?
    Applied to BSMS, Soton, UEA and PMS, have interviews for the latter two and no rejections *yet*. I came home from work today and I said to my dad "any post" dad- "no" me- "good" lol.
    I keep meaning to read the P.G. Wodehouse books but I don't know where to start there's so many. Do you read them? If so can you recommend a good one to get me started? Do you watch "A Bit of Fry and Laurie"- I love the secret agents who talk really slowly and thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    As for the friends getting offers etc. Yeah, and they can't understand why I've only had two replies, and don't have a clue how competitive Medicine really is. It's draining trying to explain things everytime they ask, so I've adopted your "nah, nothing yet" stance on the whole.
    I totally agree. I just quote the whole "60% get no offers, 0.9% get 4" thing but even still they're always like "oh but you'll get in you've worked in a hospital and volunteered and stuff, how many people would have gone out of their way to do that"
    *SIGH*

ReputationRep:
    I'm definately one of the 60% that don't make it this year.

Got another rejection without interview (only saw the letter now! Gosh, it's been sitting there all day...) - this time from UEA, one that gave me an interview last year...

Nobody will touch me with these A2s to be frank.
    It was silly of me to apply now, I could've focused this year on getting the grades only, then applied during a real "gap year"..
    I am finding more and more gripes with my PS.

Life could always be worse. =/ =[

ReputationRep:
    What were your A2s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy)

Got another rejection without interview (only saw the letter now! Gosh, it's been sitting there all day...) - this time from UEA, one that gave me an interview last year...

It was silly of me to apply now, I could've focused this year on getting the grades only, then applied during a real "gap year"..

I am truly sorry to hear that :hugs: I'm sure if medical schools could see how hard you have worked so far this year, then they'd all give you offers this instant.
    Unfortunately, your two rejections seem to have been too short-sighted to see how much work you have put into this. Let's hope that the other two see further than that
    You deserve a place, I mean that. As you know from last year, getting into medicine is just as much about luck as it is achievement, and sometimes the people that really deserve to get what they dream about don't get that recognition. I sincerely hope, that sooner or later, you get that recognition. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:

So sorry to hear that

Well I don't think applying this year was such a bad idea, I mean there was (and still is!) a chance to get an offer and so could still be worth it. If you did only focus on getting the grades up this year, you could have been thinking throughout "what would have happened if I did? Could I have saved a whole year should I have got in?" So all in all I personally think it was good of you to apply this year Just for now forget about the those unis and focus on upping those grades! I have faith in you

ReputationRep:
    Annarchy, i know so many people who have been rejected from UEA without interview, don't worry about it just focus on getting the grades, and make sure you don't feel down for too long, the january exams are on the way!
    I know that UEA are being harsh this year. Don't worry you WILL get an offer sooner or later!

ReputationRep:

That utterly sucks, but you've still got your favourite in the running and the ones you have left are ones that are know to go more on the person, personal vibes and the whole package so don't give up hope! If you don't get in (which I really honestly think you deserve to) this year will you take another more conventional gap year and apply with grades or maybe go for the graduate route? Do you have a back-up this year also? Maybe if you didn't already you could put one of those clinical sciences like Lincoln or Bradford that offer entry onto the corresponding 5 year after successful completion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I am truly sorry to hear that :hugs: I'm sure if medical schools could see how hard you have worked so far this year, then they'd all give you offers this instant.
    Unfortunately, your two rejections seem to have been too short-sighted to see how much work you have put into this. Let's hope that the other two see further than that
    You deserve a place, I mean that. As you know from last year, getting into medicine is just as much about luck as it is achievement, and sometimes the people that really deserve to get what they dream about don't get that recognition. I sincerely hope, that sooner or later, you get that recognition. :jumphug:
    Dunno about everyone else .. but although your intentions are nice I think it will only make her feel worse coming from someone who already has an offer and two more interviews....

This thread is probably just for those who can relate to each other you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonnyBon)
    Dunno about everyone else .. but although your intentions are nice I think it will only make her feel worse coming from someone who already has an offer and two more interviews....

This thread is probably just for those who can relate to each other you know.
    Right, so I can't offer my condolensces just because I have an offer? One major quality in potential medical students is empathy you know, and I can empathise with her and would like to continue offering my support.
    I'm not only trying to make her feel better because she's a fellow medicine applicant, but because she's a friend.
    If anyone get's their nose put out of joint by receiving kind words from someone with an offer then quite frankly I think they're being childish.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I can't offer my condolensces just because I have an offer? One major quality in potential medical students is empathy you know, and I can empathise with her and would like to continue offering my support.
    I'm not only trying to make her feel better because she's a fellow medicine applicant, but because she's a friend.
    If anyone get's their nose put out of joint by receiving kind words from someone with an offer then quite frankly I think they're being childish.
    well said scaryhair! if people are not allowed to give condolences because they have an offer or congratulations without themselves havin an offer then the world would be a messed up place.

everyone on this thread knows how difficult it is to get accepted into medicine and so we are all supportive of each other no matter whether or not we have offers yet.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot guys

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Argh. How frustrating.. True there is still *maybe* PMS because of last year, but BSMS is an alternative course, without a doubt.

I feel quite okay with it... In a strange way, it makes sense; it's the best motivation to study I think I could have. I'm willing to dedicate the rest of this year to improving my A2s (BDD originally, miraculous ACC after remarks but very borderline), definatately.

Good luck to all of you guys ! It's not over for most at all... Nice people like you really deserve all the places you will get AND have -ahem BonnyBon >;[ -!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crackerbox)
    Applied to BSMS, Soton, UEA and PMS, have interviews for the latter two and no rejections *yet*. I came home from work today and I said to my dad "any post" dad- "no" me- "good" lol.
    I keep meaning to read the P.G. Wodehouse books but I don't know where to start there's so many. Do you read them? If so can you recommend a good one to get me started? Do you watch "A Bit of Fry and Laurie"- I love the secret agents who talk really slowly and thoroughly.
    I haven't read any of the books, I'm afraid, so I can't help you on that front
    If the books are anything like the programmes, though, it shouldn't matter too much which one you start on as they'll all be good :yep:

I used to watch that programme as well, loved it of course, however it's been a while now *sighs* lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, you can 'empathise' with her at the moment because you have an offer and are basically guarenteed a place in medical school. I never saw you offering condolences before you had an offer. Think of the anxiety going through her at the moment, you havn't been rejected yet, so I don't see how you can 'empathise' with her.

It just annoys me when people are being nice because they themselves are happy, when normally they wouldn't really care. Let this be a thread for people who get rejections discuss. You are just going to make people feel worse by coming here on your moral pedestal. You remind me of the people who, when they get 11A* at GCSE, going around and asking how everyone else did and supporting those who didn't do well. You are just trying to spread your achievements and boast about them to as many people as possible.

Not that you will care what I say anyway, that's just my opinion . Have fun at medical school, although I dislike the way you have conducted yourself in this thread I admit that you will probably do very well for yourself .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonnyBon)
    Yea, you can 'empathise' with her at the moment because you have an offer and are basically guarenteed a place in medical school. I never saw you offering condolences before you had an offer. Think of the anxiety going through her at the moment, you havn't been rejected yet, so I don't see how you can 'empathise' with her.

It just annoys me when people are being nice because they themselves are happy, when normally they wouldn't really care. Let this be a thread for people who get rejections discuss. You are just going to make people feel worse by coming here on your moral pedestal. You remind me of the people who, when they get 11A* at GCSE, going around and asking how everyone else did and supporting those who didn't do well. You are just trying to spread your achievements and boast about them to as many people as possible.

Not that you will care what I say anyway, that's just my opinion . Have fun at medical school, although I dislike the way you have conducted yourself in this thread I admit that you will probably do very well for yourself .
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Bonnybon, please get over yourself. You haven't beened wronged in some horrible way, so stop being overly agressive and rude by judging someone you think you know just because they offered their condolensces. Its not a contest, and she's not trying to spread her achievements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4510)
    Bonnybon, please get over yourself. You haven't beened wronged in some horrible way, so stop being overly agressive and rude by judging someone you think you know just because they offered their condolensces. Its not a contest, and she's not trying to spread her achievements.
    Coincidentally, you also have an offer :O

At the same uni :O

:O:O:O

:O:O:O:O:O:O

ReputationRep:
    Guys, it's an internet forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Guys, it's an internet forum...
    Oh look, the we-have-offers gang are all crowding around this thread now ...

Please, this is a rejections thread. People are frustrated, sad and worried - the last thing they want to read is the comments of those who will most likely be going to medical school next year ...

I am not trying to insult you, but it is common sense.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.