Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2011 Undergraduate Chat Thread Mk. III Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    hi first time on this thread?

i so want to go back to uni now christmas and new years is over. dentist appointment on the 5th is stopping me going back till the 6th :sigh: my teeth are fine dammit, there's never any problems with them :rant:
    Ive been on here before, that was a while ago though.

I cant wait to get back to uni either and thaqt must suck having a dentist appointment when you want to go back to fun times.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Yeah apparently you'll need a GBC emulator. Search 'GBCoid'.
    http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...lite-xEBD.aspx
    I don't know the thing still won't play games, I'll ask in the android thread.

ReputationRep:
    Someone greeted me at the till today by my name and in my head I was thinking "Do I know you?!" Then I remembered I wear a name badge.

/retarded moment.

Hey everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

Haha I get that sometimes too, but I realise how they know my name, as they make it obvious to see my name badge, or say what is your name or something. I sometimes find it nice, but sometimes creepy, depending on who it is. They do it when they want to haggle. Haggle in a department store. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    That used to happen all the time, I never minded if it was a simple "Hello, Lella. " But when it was a "Hello, Lella :sexface:" I began to worry. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Hey.

Haha I get that sometimes too, but I realise how they know my name, as they make it obvious to see my name badge, or say what is your name or something. I sometimes find it nice, but sometimes creepy, depending on who it is. They do it when they want to haggle. Haggle in a department store. :facepalm:
    I thought it was like someone's husband and he didn't make it obvvous so at first I thought it might be one of the managers or a lecturer. :mmm:

Haggling's kind of pathetic in a shop and people who want to save even more on a dress when it's already like 5 quid- :lolwut: so swear everyone tries to bring in old stock they already own and try to exchange it for something else. :facepalm2: Today was quite a nice, calm 4 hour shift though. I just have three more left. :bigsmile: I found out today that my line manager has been working in our shop for 25 years since she was 16. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    That used to happen all the time, I never minded if it was a simple "Hello, Lella. " But when it was a "Hello, Lella :sexface:" I began to worry. :afraid:
    He was really casual about it like we already knew each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    He was really casual about it like we already knew each other.
    I frequently swapped badges with my co-workers to avoid things like that happening. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was like someone's husband and he didn't make it obvvous so at first I thought it might be one of the managers or a lecturer. :mmm:

Haggling's kind of pathetic in a shop and people who want to save even more on a dress when it's already like 5 quid- :lolwut: so swear everyone tries to bring in old stock they already own and try to exchange it for something else. :facepalm2: Today was quite a nice, calm 4 hour shift though. I just have three more left. :bigsmile: I found out today that my line manager has been working in our shop for 25 years since she was 16. :indiff:
    Yeah, they get on my nerves. I mean, there's saving money, and there's being a cheapskate. If it's too much, don't buy it. I'm under strict instruction to say no to any discounts other than those that are meant to be there. :yep: There is some stock that has a discount, then a further discount, and customers want more, or even some free items with it. :mad:

(Original post by lella_m)
    I frequently swapped badges with my co-workers to avoid things like that happening. :mmm:
    Is that so, G8D? :sly:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

That could be you in 25 years.

ReputationRep:
    That could be you in 25 years.
    :cry2:

That's the biggest insult anyone's ever given me. :emo:

I'd rather be stuck in some dead end office job than in retail tbh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

That's the biggest insult anyone's ever given me. :emo:

I'd rather be stuck in some dead end office job than in retail tbh.
    Was only joking because I know how you hate retail :ashamed:

That wouldn't happen to you :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they get on my nerves. I mean, there's saving money, and there's being a cheapskate. If it's too much, don't buy it. I'm under strict instruction to say no to any discounts other than those that are meant to be there. :yep: There is some stock that has a discount, then a further discount, and customers want more, or even some free items with it. :mad:
    We only can if it's like damaged but even then we have to ring our line manager. :yep: And people whining cause they found something in the sale rack but it's not on sale. IT WILL HAVE A BLOODY LABEL ON IT SAYING MONEY OFF. People put things back in places they're not mean tto be. If you're not sure, just ask for a price check.

ReputationRep:
    Is that so, G8D? :sly:
    Yes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Was only joking because I know how you hate retail :ashamed:

That wouldn't happen to you :nope:
    :rofl2: It's actually my nightmare to be in retail for the rest of my life. Doing at part time as a student is ok though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah full time retail, for the rest of my life sounds horrible.

i actually did like a 35 hour week once. OMG. :afraid:

and yeah those customers who dont put things where they came from piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    yeah full time retail, for the rest of my life sounds horrible.

i actually did like a 35 hour week once. OMG. :afraid:

and yeah those customers who dont put things where they came from piss me off.
    :afraid:
    Yeah, I mean I naturally did this before I worked anyway because to me that's just common sense.

ReputationRep:
    I know, and it's polite as well.

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for TwentyTen to sign up again and come back yesterday, with the username "TwentyEleven".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.