Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    I assume that's why your post was deleted, although not long before full legitimacy for you I guess.
    More likely it was deleted for being part of that conversation and not really needed for the thread :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    More likely it was deleted for being part of that conversation and not really needed for the thread :dontknow:
    That would indeed make more sense, let's leave it at that then - I like this thread as it is

ReputationRep:
    Medics of TSR:

How do you feel about the wearing of chinos on wards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Medics of TSR:

What I intend to wear anyway, thought most people did?

ReputationRep:
    What I intend to wear anyway, thought most people did?
    A lot of people do but I thought it was a marmite, love it or hate it, situation. Want to see if most are for or against before I grab a cheeky wee pair.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people do but I thought it was a marmite, love it or hate it, situation. Want to see if most are for or against before I grab a cheeky wee pair.
    I get ya, don't start on the wards til September so just going by a couple of people really. I guess to some they may not seem smart enough, maybe those who wear ties?

ReputationRep:
    Do it! Such an improvement on school-style black trews...

ReputationRep:
    That would indeed make more sense, let's leave it at that then - I like this thread as it is
    Yep - the point had been made to AS so I didn't feel any more discussion/argument would be helpful.

GG, technically we don't generally allow people to be members until starting uni, but that doesn't mean we'd blanket-delete anyone's contributions.

Medics of TSR:

Controversial - some people won't like it, but it's pretty widespread. If you still look smart, usually it's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Medics of TSR:

Tbh, it was either them (which I usually wear when I'm going out for dinners or something) or my smartish looking half jeans I got away with throughout MedSoc and EPC last year, for my osce exams this year - I went with the latter in the end, stupidly, but escaped unscathed. I only wear proper smart trousers for weddings etc. or if I really really need to. My sixth form required us to wear a suit everyday - I think I've had my fair share of smart wear for a while. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Medics of TSR:

I've been wearing them all year and never had an issue. Never wear suit/school trousers, and never intend to. In fact, it seems about a 50/50 split between those wearing chino-y type trousers and those going the classic formal route.

As previously stated as long as you look smart it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    Medics of TSR:

I do, with a smart shirt, never had a problem. It just looks a little bit more confident than schoolish black trousers + shirt, they're also far more confortable.

ReputationRep:
    Just completed conviction myself, whilst it was a bit more action based than previous games I still thoroughly enjoyed it, lots of neat touches and less linear.

Will probably do that when I'm out in placement next term and only have my laptop with me as I ain't lugging my xbox to hospital digs, have always meant to try them out.

As for the ps thing, I've always had sega and Nintendo consoles up until the xbox, would never go to the dark side
    Hmm, maybe I'll give it a go. How long was the playtime, I've heard it's very short? Ah, I had a PS1 then a Nintendo 64 when it was in it's final year. I then had my PS2, then I picked up a gamecube basically for free (Mate gave me it in exchange for some runescape money :P). Then I picked up an xbox in it's last year of life to play halo 2 online. Then I bought a 360 and built my PC a year later. Sums up my console history up to the last four years when it hasn't changed. Bar the snes at the start.

What's all this business about posts being deleted? Have I missed something?

Medics of TSR:

It's what I wear. I wouldn't wear anything else tbh. Proper pleated chinos mind you. None of this topman ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Proper pleated chinos mind you. None of this topman ****.
    Massively seconded.

ReputationRep:
    Medics of TSR:

I wear them normally and intend to wear them.

What do people thing of stripped shirts? I tend to wear them but I have heard some consultants can be iffy. I know some of my shirts are not suitable (cerise pink one for example) but I don't know what is allowed/not.

I haven't decided whether to get a waiscoat or not so I can wear a tie...(this wouldn't be with chinos obvs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I wear them normally and intend to wear them.

What do people thing of stripped shirts? I tend to wear them but I have heard some consultants can be iffy. I know some of my shirts are not suitable (cerise pink one for example) but I don't know what is allowed/not.

I haven't decided whether to get a waiscoat or not so I can wear a tie...(this wouldn't be with chinos obvs)
    Surely the waistcoat is just a step closer to being that **** in a suit? :tongue: If you want a tie, wear a tie clip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Hmm, maybe I'll give it a go. How long was the playtime, I've heard it's very short? Ah, I had a PS1 then a Nintendo 64 when it was in it's final year. I then had my PS2, then I picked up a gamecube basically for free (Mate gave me it in exchange for some runescape money :P). Then I picked up an xbox in it's last year of life to play halo 2 online. Then I bought a 360 and built my PC a year later. Sums up my console history up to the last four years when it hasn't changed. Bar the snes at the start.

What's all this business about posts being deleted? Have I missed something?

It's what I wear. I wouldn't wear anything else tbh. Proper pleated chinos mind you. None of this topman ****.
    It's a little short I guess, 10 or so hours maybe? Probably no shorter than previous games in the series but maybe a little easier to do with less retries. I started off with a megadrive, then Saturn and played a lot on my brothers n64, then dreamcast, xbox, gamecube, 360, Wii. Have had all Nintendo handhelds too although no 3ds yet. Don't tend to play many pc games.

Oh some applicant or summat posted a couple of times, I requested they stop, a couple of spammy posts later I asked less nicely, and have received some pretty lairy messages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Surely the waistcoat is just a step closer to being that **** in a suit? :tongue: If you want a tie, wear a tie clip?
    I personally dislike tieclips. Nothing wrong with a waistcoat. Or a pocketwatch that I would also get :p:

I wore suits for all my community and Clinical communication placements. Only way to get patients to give you 5/5 for being professionally dressed. Despite the fact you can't do it in a hospital :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I personally dislike tieclips. Nothing wrong with a waistcoat. Or a pocketwatch that I would also get :p:
    Are top-hats and tailcoats against infection control?

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely didn't realise some people had a thing about chinos. But then I guess in real life I wear camo shorts or jeans and a band tshirt. My long hair will probably take away from any potential issue anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Are top-hats and tailcoats against infection control?
    You don't wear a hat indoors!

Lets not be silly a morning-wear would be ridiculous, a waistcoat is not really and would just be a bit of fun (I did it this year a few times in hospital). Does mean I would need to know my stuff as it would probably attract attention...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.