ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    :sad:

You're missing out - come to Cambridge and I'll cook it for you. :yep:
    Cambridge and being cooked for :woo: If only... :moon:

(Original post by FrozenCharlotte)
    It probably was xD

With some cat meat added to it.
    Now, it's not that I have anything against eating one's pets..it's just that I find it inhumane to chuck them inside cans, y'know..
    Oh I don't mind cat, nice texture and saltiness to it.

I'm joking, I can't even eat beef because cows are so cute and I'll never try lamb, never. :loveduck:

ROFL..I cannot believe you looked it up!

That's right haha
    I think that makes you one of the coolest people in this thread.

(Original post by The Puppet Master)
    If anyone happens to be around, do let me know. Craig has a habit of dropping in on me, so I don't mind - really! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I went through your post history after I'd posted and saw it mentioned - I genuinely laughed. :rofl:

Do you get this a lot?

LOL! More than you know. It's my own dramatic irony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Puppet Master)

Oh I don't mind cat, nice texture and saltiness to it.

I'm joking, I can't even eat beef because cows are so cute and I'll never try lamb, never. :loveduck:
    I think if I walk three blocks from my house I have my own spectacle of cows and lambs. They have been known to start grooming themselves when they hear vegetarians approaching to boost their cuteness. It's an evil plot, really.

Or else I should count myself with the meat-eating sinners lol It's all my cultural heritage u_u

ReputationRep:
    Watched the new episode from the new season of The Real L Word this morning
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yep, although I've been putting it off - hoping to get some feedback from other firms on those applications so I know how to go about my application to Mishcon this time. Thankfully the questions are the same as for the vac scheme, and Mishcon were good enough to tell me how to improve (20 minute chat!), so fingers crossed I at least get to interview again this time!
    What where their reasons for not giving you a vac scheme place? At least they have been helpful

When's the deadline?

For some reason, a lot of firms have taken it upon themselves to pay your LPC (classroom learning bit) fees, so they need to make TC offers now to know who they'll have coming to work for them. Some smaller firms don't pay, so their applications open next year (Jan/March-ish), which means I should have another bite at the cherry if I don't get a TC offer from a "two year in advance" firm by September. :yes:

EDIT: Forgot to mention - phone interview with another firm on Wednesday, which at least means I passed their psychometric tests. :awesome: If I get through, I get to an assessment centre (one day of interviews and business games). There are a lot of hurdles to the process though, which increases the odds of falling at one!
    Oh that makes sense about the fees. Although wouldn't that mean smaller firms would have less competition? And how much would the fees be usually?

Well done for phone interview :awesome: although it sounds like a long long process :sadnod: hopefully you'll get good news are you applying to form where you got a vac scheme? :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

(Original post by cpdavis)
    What where their reasons for not giving you a vac scheme place? At least they have been helpful

When's the deadline?
    Think I told you - the scenario question (and I didn't appear to have much teamwork stuff on my application; it's only after seeing that everyone else has put Year 6 swimming certificates on that I realise how much detail I need to go into!). Almost everyone has a deadline of 31 July.

Oh that makes sense about the fees. Although wouldn't that mean smaller firms would have less competition? And how much would the fees be usually?
    Maybe. It's pretty much standard that the big firms will pay your fees (and a maintenance grant of £5,000-£7,000 per year!), but the little firms know that people are so desperate for a training contract that they'll take what they can get. I'm hoping that, worst case scenario, I'll be able to find a few smaller firms up here where I'm not competing with the Oxbridge crowd - smaller firms like links to the region because it shows you're sticking around!

Well done for phone interview :awesome: although it sounds like a long long process :sadnod: hopefully you'll get good news are you applying to form where you got a vac scheme? :hugs:
    Unfortunately not - they don't pay fees so they only recruit a year in advance, which means you have to have done the LPC before you apply. You can self-fund the LPC (I think it's about £10,000), but it's risky because you may still not get a training contract; worse is the fact that some very big firms (like Freshfields, the official provider of legal advice for the Olympics, so you've probably heard of them!) have their own tailored "accelerated" LPC delivered by a certain law school. You have to go to that provider if you want a TC with them, so going to "the wrong one" instantly closes a lot of doors...

My initial Plan B was to become a paralegal and do admin within a firm, studying the LPC part-time while working there. A few firms say that if you prove yourself in the office, they'll give you a training contract (although you have to be sure that they mean it!). The problem is that there's an excess of LPC graduates who can't find training contracts, so now most paralegal jobs expect you to have done the LPC already too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Watched the new episode from the new season of The Real L Word this morning
    I don't think I've heard of it. What is it? What is it about?

I'm running out of things to watch this summer. All I really have on my Sky+ box is endless episodes of Family Guy lol. Oh and a couple of episodes of The Bachelor that I've missed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)

I'm running out of things to watch this summer. All I really have on my Sky+ box is endless episodes of Family Guy lol. Oh and a couple of episodes of The Bachelor that I've missed.
    I didn't even realise this was still going.. I didn't hear good things about it though. Is it as bad as they say? I might have to try get hold of it and have a gander..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)

It's really good. Basically like The L Word but it's a reality series. Lesbians just living their life but it's funny, has drama in it, lots. Took one episode to get into it but then I loved it! Would definitely recommend :yes:

An amazing person on YouTube has put them all up which is awesome, or you can find it online (:ninja:).

He/She has them all on their channel. First season episode 1 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TUoqceMQZU

ReputationRep:
    I found some inspiration after all

Looks pretty good (even if I might be bragging a bit haha)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  IMG-20120715-00816.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  448.3 KB

And I didn't burn my fingers this time! :woo:

ReputationRep:

Looks pretty good (even if I might be bragging a bit haha)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  IMG-20120715-00816.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  448.3 KB

And I didn't burn my fingers this time! :woo:
    :sogood:

:eating:

8:30pm - FrozenCharlotte has made lunch. :p:

Looks good though; I'd eat it (despite having just eaten!). :yum:

ReputationRep:
    :sogood:

:eating:
    Good choice of smileys hehe It DID taste so damn good

I'm having apple pie for dessert. I treat myself poorly...

If I don't cut it in academia..I might open my own pub and cook :hmmmm: (I'm actually considering it as a plan B just in case :giggle:)

ReputationRep:
    8:30pm - FrozenCharlotte has made lunch. :p:

Looks good though; I'd eat it (despite having just eaten!). :yum:
    Well, inspiration is a wayward creature! (a hard-learned lesson haha)

I was actually going to say "Here is a picture of my lunch turned dinner" but dropped it somewhere along the way :P

ReputationRep:
    Rewatching "The Walking Dead." God, I love all things zombie.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Good choice of smileys hehe It DID taste so damn good

I'm having apple pie for dessert. I treat myself poorly...

If I don't cut it in academia..I might open my own pub and cook :hmmmm: (I'm actually considering it as a plan B just in case :giggle:)
    I usually do :yep:

Apple Pie :yucky: Sorry, don't like it :no:

Go orn go orn! Give me directions if you ever do

I usually do :yep:

Apple Pie :yucky: Sorry, don't like it :no:

Go orn go orn! Give me directions if you ever do
    I've just experienced the strangest case of déjà vu - I'm convinced someone's made this post (especially the "give me directions" part) before!

It might've been BioFurMatPhyStudent if not you...

Well, inspiration is a wayward creature! (a hard-learned lesson haha)

I was actually going to say "Here is a picture of my lunch turned dinner" but dropped it somewhere along the way :P
    I made the joke thinking the photo was from hours ago but you'd only just gotten around to uploading it. This is awkward. :p:

The most important question is: what would you call it? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I've realised all pubs I've seen/been around Lancaster are named after men...or animals or shoes xD Do I detect a market gap? :gasp:

Now I just have to think of the name :hmmmm2:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.